Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #20,792 of 42,765
Hi, I tried some dap: iBasso DX80 analytical sound and tiring, onkyo dp x1 also a little tiring and the sound was not well filled, ak jr not detailed enough.
I grado sr 225E headphones you think a samsung s3 + mojo will have an engaging and not annoying sound with thrasch metal music?

I have the 225e and the Mojo. I love it. However I do feel it needs better headphones.

Same here (original 225s) and I have to admit that my favorite open cans are slightly bloated and the mids are too forward... 
frown.gif
It pretty much took the Mojo to come to this conclusion...

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #20,794 of 42,765
I thought I'd just try a Jitterbug in my chain.I picked up the bug today and since I had the fitting adapters on hand I tried it on my phone first. It was a pleasant surprise. It's too early to give any real impressions, but I like what I hear ...  For those of you who think that this is not usable on the go.... You are absolutely right... See for yourself ... If I recall correctly Rob recently said, that the jitterbug is more effective when used on a source powered from the grid... So I will definitely try the jitterbug on my Odroid and hope the improvement are even bigger in that scenario...

I have one, never considered using it with my phone, most likely because like Chord, I assumed that it would not bring much. But what the heck, I'll give it a go
biggrin.gif
I do use it with my Notebooks for the reason you noted.

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #20,795 of 42,765
Same here (original 225s) and I have to admit that my favorite open cans are slightly bloated and the mids are too forward... 
frown.gif
It pretty much took the Mojo to come to this conclusion...

Now with the mojo the sound is more balanced and the midle are not invasive?

No, just the opposite, I'm afraid The Mojo revealed the weaknesses of the 225. With my older DAC (Headroom Bithead) and even with the AQ Dragonfly, it was not evident (to me) but with the Mojo it is.

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #20,796 of 42,765
I have one, never considered using it with my phone, most likely because like Chord, I assumed that it would not bring much. But what the heck, I'll give it a go :D I do use it with my Notebooks for the reason you noted.

Yes, Rob tested the Jitterbug with the DAVE and it did make a minor improvement in SQ when he used his laptop plugged in to the wall. With the laptop running on battery power he did not hear a difference with or without the Jitterbug. So it will depend on how noisy your source is. In the end though he did emphasize it was a minor difference.

Edit: Yeah, this was already stated. Apologies.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #20,798 of 42,765
I have one, never considered using it with my phone, most likely because like Chord, I assumed that it would not bring much. But what the heck, I'll give it a go
biggrin.gif
I do use it with my Notebooks for the reason you noted.

Yes, Rob tested the Jitterbug with the DAVE and it did make a minor improvement in SQ when he used his laptop plugged in to the wall. With the laptop running on battery power he did not hear a difference with or without the Jitterbug. So it will depend on how noisy your source is. In the end though he did emphasize it was a minor difference.

Awesome, T4S 
beerchug.gif

I typically have my Notebooks plugged in (mains / AC) and run Jitterbug->USB interconnect->Mojo.

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #20,800 of 42,765
Was very close to getting Ether C to pair up with Mojo but got HD800 instead. Should arrive within 3 days. Will leave impression! Happy listening :)
Lacks bass.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #20,802 of 42,765
Aug 4, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #20,803 of 42,765
Hey, just got a Sony Xperia E5 and the Mojo is not working with it (Android 6). (...)

No USB OTG with the Xperia E5.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/sony-xperia-e5-3538?site=classic

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #20,805 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back