Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 2, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #19,411 of 42,788
So, chin up, old chap
wink.gif

didn't the Swiss rule out joining the EU?... btw us moronic Brits are a resilient group, we have a habit of rolling-up our sleeves and getting on with things...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #19,412 of 42,788

Thanks for the kind words - every day the British and EU politicians seem to change their views of how the future will pan out, so the uncertainty never ends. 

we'll all have to wait until September by the looks, things will calm down by then... if the media who are full of hyperbole can actually start informing the masses properly.

anyhow enough of political intrigue its upsetting my Mojo (getting back on track) 

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #19,413 of 42,788
I think this discussion should really stop because people are going to get frustrated. We all have our own opinions on what has happened but this is the wrong place for them! Hopefully the moderators will keep an eye on it and delete any off topic political debate.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #19,415 of 42,788
Hello, good folks, got a mojo and I love love love it, I want to do a review, where do I post this review properly on this site? I will also do a video review, it's amazing and best any previous dacs I've heard extensively

Here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-mojo

There is a link in the upper right (ish) that says "write a review"

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #19,416 of 42,788
Well guys earlier I bought a ferrite choke to go on my usb otg cable and also a pure silver otg cable. When I have both I will let anyone else in the same boat know how it turns out. Could a ferrite choke be put on the silver cable? Lol

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #19,417 of 42,788
Well guys earlier I bought a ferrite choke to go on my usb otg cable and also a pure silver otg cable. When I have both I will let anyone else in the same boat know how it turns out. Could a ferrite choke be put on the silver cable? Lol

Ferrite cores come in all shapes and sizes so you will definitely find one that will fit; Amazon sell them in all shapes and sizes. A ferrite will reduce the ergonomics though if that is an issue for you as they tend to be fairly bulky.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #19,418 of 42,788
Ferrite cores come in all shapes and sizes so you will definitely find one that will fit; Amazon sell them in all shapes and sizes. A ferrite will reduce the ergonomics though if that is an issue for you as they tend to be fairly bulky.
ye I get what your saying. I will just have to wait and see. Only thing with amazon is that I have to spend £20 for free delivery, delivery charges would likely cost more than the chokes. I ordered it off ebay anyways. Only thing I can't work out about mojo is how it slaughters my phone battery... it has its own battery...

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #19,419 of 42,788
I would like a case that could fit an attached module that could be used with or without the module actually being connected. Mojo's dimensions makes stacking with my DP-X1 pretty difficult as it is so short in comparison and one rubber band runs over the middle of the screen. Form what I have seen, the attachments are about half as long as the Mojo and that would be just perfect.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #19,420 of 42,788
ye I get what your saying. I will just have to wait and see. Only thing with amazon is that I have to spend £20 for free delivery, delivery charges would likely cost more than the chokes. I ordered it off ebay anyways. Only thing I can't work out about mojo is how it slaughters my phone battery... it has its own battery...

I have Amazon Prime so thankfully that isn't an issue for me. Regarding battery drain, outputting USB requires more CPU power than you would think and also stops your phone from hibernating which drains your battery. Also just playing music in general uses a fair bit of battery due to CPU usage, try playing music straight from your phone and the battery drain is still fairly high.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #19,421 of 42,788
I would like a case that could fit an attached module that could be used with or without the module actually being connected. Mojo's dimensions makes stacking with my DP-X1 pretty difficult as it is so short in comparison and one rubber band runs over the middle of the screen. Form what I have seen, the attachments are about half as long as the Mojo and that would be just perfect.

Can't you just use 3m Dual Lock? Makes a very sturdy but removable connection and you could have a separate bit on the Mojo module so they are both securely attached to the DP-X1. No screen blockage would be caused as well as it is all on the back.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #19,423 of 42,788
  Gents and ladies,

Some additional feedback from my end regarding the use of Mojo with optical cables.

My rig:

Macbook Pro (Audirvana) > QED Reference Optical Quartz Cable (with AQ Toslink to Mini-Toslink adapter) > Mojo > HD 800 S

As reported earlier with other optical users, my findings are also in line with what they and Rob had said. Compared to USB input, I find optical very slightly darker and smoother in presentation. The bass extension is great and the sound in general is in line with what people usually comment about HD 800 S. Superbly trasparent, analytical, yet still inviting and fun with a little bit more juice in the bass.

This is the cable I am using right now:
http://www.qed.co.uk/hdmi_digital/optical_digital_audio/qed_reference_optical_quartz_digital_audio_cable.htm

The small adapter to plug the cable to Macbook Pro:
http://www.audioquest.com/fiber-optics/3-5mm-toslink-adaptor

I also ordered another cable (see below) from QED to eliminate the adapter in between, just to make the signal path even clearer. Unfortunately, this cable is not the reference cable, but I assume the SQ will at least stay the same and be hopefully unaffected by this change.

http://www.qed.co.uk/hdmi_digital/optical_digital_audio/performance_optical_digital_audio_toslink-mini_toslink.html

I also posted my observations regarding HD 800 S to recommend my cans to someone else, there is some stuff on Mojo as well. I probably am not the only user with this simple rig but I thought people should know from one more POV.

Cheers,
ngsk

Please I have to ask, did you hear an audio upgrade with quality shielded digital cabling? I have the Mojo but am still using basic £2 cabling, and still want to hear others expereince with quality cables.

Generally to everyone please:

Also I suffer quiet clicks. I noted it seemed to depend on the music source too. Like Katie Melua - call off the Search was most likey to do it more. I have read the whole thread, and used a search function on it. Plus read post 3. I still have no difinitive answer to solving clicks. However there was a post that some folks got clicks with 192KHz music and it was solved by quality shielded cabling. It's possiby interference as all my cabling is right next to a loudspeaker on my desktop.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #19,424 of 42,788
Don't want to use Velcro on my Dignis leather cases, that would be a crime!

An alternative idea:

Make a thin plate (rigid plastic or smooth metal), that is the same length, and same width, as your phone or DAP.

Then attach your Dignis case to the plate, using harmless rubber bands.

Now take this combination and attach it to the phone, using harmless rubber bands.

So:

1) Mojo/Dignis Case + home-made rigid plate
2) Then,  (Mojo/Dignis Case + home-made rigid plate) + (smartphone/DAP)

Job done!

...or, just try this:

For those using iphone with Mojo, one of the most costs effective way is using cheap silicon bands meant for bicycles.   
L3000.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #19,425 of 42,788
Not sure if others have heard these albums but I will recommend them if not...

Nickelback - dark horse
Kings of leon - only by the night/come around sun down
James blunt - back to bedlam
The beautiful south - carry on up the charts

Mojo brings these to life, vocals sound so vivid and real, obviously hardware pending

I have to tell you all which album I find shows off Mojo range and dynamics; INXS - The Very Best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back