Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #19,396 of 42,788
It's only microphonic if the mojo is powered. It's an active circuit sound if that makes sense.. If I unplug them and tap the plug, nothing, if I turn the unit off and tap it, nothing, if it's on and I tap it, I can very gently hear it.

I haven't noticed it on my unit.

However, my left headphone jack has a minute amount of "play" (it "taps" against Mojo's case if I accidentally apply lateral pressure on the headphone plug). Right jack is totally solid. Makes me a bit nervous considering both jacks are soldered on to the same PCB... 
confused.gif
Of course I'm not going to make a habit of fiddling with the plug when listening to music...
wink.gif

It may be a CNC-machined case, but there are still some tolerances involved...
27911891396_88ed0ceb0d_c.jpg
27332896503_781cd94ee7_c.jpg

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #19,397 of 42,788
15,000 postings since I last posted on this thread so don't expect any 'personal' replies... I would do my impression of a Martin Luther King speech (free of chains & all that) though I don't think the Mods would be to impressed with my political thoughts on a hi-fi site... I'll be back in a few weeks., I have a new brio for life now the Mojo has been returned to the UK via democracy.

talking of Mojo's that new leather-case looks rather dapper if'n I do say so myself...
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #19,398 of 42,788
  15,000 postings since I last posted on this thread so don't expect any 'personal' replies... I would do my impression of a Martin Luther King speech (free of chains & all that) though I don't think the Mods would be to impressed with my political thoughts on a hi-fi site... I'll be back in a few weeks., I have a new brio for life now the Mojo has been returned to the UK via democracy.

talking of Mojo's that new leather-case looks rather dapper if'n I do say so myself...
tongue_smile.gif

For Brits like myself who are currently living and working in the rest of the EU, the past few days have been stressful enough, with continual uncertainty about whether we will now lose our rights to live and work (and as a consequence careers).

Listening to music via our mojos, does help restore calm a bit. Reading brexit gloating, when reading a mojo thread for pleasure, just brings the stress back - so please try and restrain yourself.

If brexit happens, there is still the risk that there would be a 20% import levy would be imposed on Chord products, and then dreams of buying a Hugo TT or DAVE, become even more distant. 

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #19,399 of 42,788
I for one will not be gloating at the result which was all about democracy over bureaucratic rule ( unelected fascism if you like)... the 'fear doom-mongers' had it so wrong, the markets are up, the pound is at a level that encourages exports which is great for manufacturing and the political upheaval is refreshing which will hopefully install belief in local communities... there will be no tariffs on trade between the UK & EU, the Germans & French will see to that, global/international trade will go on as before.

I would like to iterate that I 'do not' work for Chord so my views do not represent the good people working there, they have cast their own vote, this how democracy works... time for the country to unite and be stronger moving forward.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #19,400 of 42,788
  I for one will not be gloating at the result which was all about democracy over bureaucratic rule ( unelected fascism if you like)... the 'fear doom-mongers' had it so wrong, the markets are up, the pound is at a level that encourages exports which is great for manufacturing and the political upheaval is refreshing which will hopefully install belief in local communities... there will be no tariffs on trade between the UK & EU, the Germans & French will see to that, global/international trade will go on as before.

I would like to iterate that I 'do not' work for Chord so my views do not represent the good people working there, they have cast their own vote, this how democracy works... time for the country to unite and be stronger moving forward.

I would much like this forum thread to be free of any political discussions, people are sensitive about this topic and it should be discussed else where.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #19,401 of 42,788
*OT-ish*

Quote:
If brexit happens, there is still the risk that there would be a 20% import levy would be imposed on Chord products, and then dreams of buying a Hugo TT or DAVE, become even more distant. 

GBP now @ 1.19€ - back to my shopping-spree of UK products (or UK-supplied Products cheaper than EU)
(I got my Angies @1.30€, my Mojo @1.25€, now to see what's next... )
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #19,405 of 42,788

a Dave... or perhaps a Jag, McLaren or Range-Rover ?...
tongue_smile.gif

..yes a DAVE... and any Meridian goodies I can manage to budget for the homefront 
cool.gif

https://www.meridian-audio.com/collection/ultra-dac/

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #19,406 of 42,788

..yes a DAVE... and any Meridian goodies I can manage to budget for the homefront 
cool.gif

https://www.meridian-audio.com/collection/ultra-dac/

you maybe better off with some of the fantastic newly released Chord power-amps to go with DAVE (or the TT for that matter)... think of the fun you could have with choosing from a myriad of British speakers... your money would be well invested for sure...
tongue_smile.gif

Link to Chord: http://chordelectronics.co.uk/

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #19,408 of 42,788
@OK-Guy Welcome back bro, hope all is well.

Warrior... I'm good thanks mate (thanks for asking, hope you're in fine fettle as well), it's been a bit fraught at times lately though I'll be free of my commitments in the next few weeks (campaign wars huh)... be nice to catch up on Head-Fi product wise in the next few weeks, blimey things move on a pace you don't notice it when your actively posting... I hear there's new pair 50 ba-driver IEM's with a supercharged turbo in each ear out, I've been trying to find the thread...
wink_face.gif

good to see the Mojo going from strength to strength...
normal_smile .gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #19,409 of 42,788
For Brits like myself who are currently living and working in the rest of the EU, the past few days have been stressful enough, with continual uncertainty about whether we will now lose our rights to live and work (and as a consequence careers).

Don't panic - any rights afforded to you under the freedom of movement act remain in place regardless of whether you country of origin, or your country of residence pull out of the agreement. This moronic step by the british people will will only affect people wanting to work in the EU after the UK has withdrawn from the EU.

I looked into this when Switzerland was going to limit EU workers entering the country, in violation of the freedom of movement act, and the upshot is that if you have a residence permit then you're sorted.

As for your comment on Chord gear being subject to to 20% import tax, well don't worry about that either - the pound is tanking, and will likely continue to do so . I've been told to expect parity with the Euro by the end of the year which will do a lot to negate that 20% import tax as I'm sure Chord books in pound sterling, not US dollars.

So, chin up, old chap :wink:

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #19,410 of 42,788
Don't panic - any rights afforded to you under the freedom of movement act remain in place regardless of whether you country of origin, or your country of residence pull out of the agreement. This moronic step by the british people will will only affect people wanting to work in the EU after the UK has withdrawn from the EU.

I looked into this when Switzerland was going to limit EU workers entering the country, in violation of the freedom of movement act, and the upshot is that if you have a residence permit then you're sorted.

As for your comment on Chord gear being subject to to 20% import tax, well don't worry about that either - the pound is tanking, and will likely continue to do so . I've been told to expect parity with the Euro by the end of the year which will do a lot to negate that 20% import tax as I'm sure Chord books in pound sterling, not US dollars.

So, chin up, old chap
wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words - every day the British and EU politicians seem to change their views of how the future will pan out, so the uncertainty never ends. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back