Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,756 of 42,765
Wow Mojo to CDM stack is wonderful. Rivals my fireflies set up. Very impressed!

Oct 23, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,757 of 42,765
Oct 23, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,760 of 42,765
Hot is a mild over statement... If anyone uses a quick charge phone (my reference is the Galaxy S6) it gets about as warm as that whilst the phone fast charges...

Certainly isn't a furnace :)

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #1,764 of 42,765
ROFL, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to offend anyone. I even read about an AK240 being used with a Mojo.
Going from an X5 and Hugo to a QP1R and Mojo to now an AK120 and Mojo, this is soooo much more pocket friendly now than where I was, sometimes it isn't just about the cost :)

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,766 of 42,765
I might have to buy a new phone to replace work blackberry as apparently the powers that be are removing ability to make phone calls / txt msgs. It's already locked down, but that will make it works email only :frowning2:
What's the minimum that will work? I assume android with OTG cable -> mojo usb in, but does that mean any android phone that looks like a "smart" phone will work (i.e. something with a touch screen) ? I dont want / need anything fancy, and it will only be tertiary use as a dap. There are samsungs and other usual suspects at under £100 payg from the usual outlets.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,767 of 42,765
Going from an X5 and Hugo to a QP1R and Mojo to now an AK120 and Mojo, this is soooo much more pocket friendly now than where I was, sometimes it isn't just about the cost
smily_headphones1.gif

The Mojo does look like it would work for me sound wise, but I just cant use stacks. So its going to be either getting an AK or a QP1R, down the road. Going to borrow a couple of AK's and go from there.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #1,768 of 42,765
Hi Rowethren,

I think this is due to the 1+1 running on CyanOS which is based on stock Android, I think I remember reading that they introduced all audio being up sampled to 192Khz when Lollipop was released. I'm a 1+1 owner and my current DAC at home reads 24 / 192 when I use Spotify / Tidal / Deezer & Qobuz streaming apps.

@DanBa
 is a bit of an expert from what I've read on other threads & posts on Head-Fi in the past, I'm sure he can explain it better than I have.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the response. I don't suppose you know if it is possible to change it globally (so it works with Spotify)? I am always a bit suspicious of upscaleing as it is basically adding best guess and I can't help but think that Google probably didn't optimise it for audiophiles that we'll.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #1,769 of 42,765
ROFL, I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to offend anyone. I even read about an AK240 being used with a Mojo.

Expensive DAPS are more than likely to have top tier electrical components inside it. So the quality data will be transmitted with better speed and quality. The reason why people pair expensive DAP such as AK240 to Mojo is because Mojo is unique, and was specially designed by Chord. There are plenty of devices that use the same DAC as AK240, how it would sounds and implement is subjective. But is there any other devices with Mojo DAC and Chord components ? No, only Chord by themselves, and the Mojo is uniquely priced, design and quality. Would somebody prefer AK240 or Mojo ? That is subjective, but to be able to take a spin by Chord products is a unique experience, and fortunately for us all that the Mojo is priced just right.

Somebody may even prefer Mojo, while having expensive DAP, will it justify selling the DAP and bite the depreciation ? I would think majority of people would hang on to it, therefore it could always be a good transport to the Mojo, or be used portably alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back