Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #16,877 of 42,765
Is there any possibility to connect the iPhone 4s or iPod Classic 5 Gen. to Mojo?

No, the Apple OS on the classic doesn't support digital out to the Mojo. Not sure about the 4S, I can test that later when my son gets home.

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #16,879 of 42,765
I think Chord indicates on their website that it needs to be a lightning connector. So both iPod classic and iPhone 4S are out.

Pierre

Right:

First its important to identify what connection your iPhone or iPad uses. Older devices which use the 30 Pin connector will not work

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #16,880 of 42,765
  I actually tried about five different cables in total...

From the sound of things and from your description the cable could be the issue if you are not getting above 96khz
If you experience sync/connection issues It could also be the AK100. 
I am on my 2nd AK100, The first one I bought from a buyer in the UK and returned within a week, the 2nd one I got as an import from Japan, which I have had since the start of the year. It worked flawlessly until quite recently. Changed cables still the same problem then decided to try and rule out the Mojo as the cause, this I did by connecting to my CD player via optical out, no problems.

I have Sys concept, Moon audio and about 5 other cables, only issues I experience is when using my AK100mkii

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #16,881 of 42,765

Maybe I misused the word "gimmick" as English is not my mother tongue.
What I meant is some kind of smart idea, solution in order to facilitate the stacking.
Why not doing this the "Chord way", so top quality, reliable and sturdy?

Tell me about loving Chord products... I bought a Hugo which I use at home and ended up buying the Mojo as well for commute and business trips.
But I still struggle in finding a convenient solution to use the Mojo with my iPhone when on the go.

Good point. Your language is so good that English not your mother tongue doesn't show!  I wish my Spanish was as good as your English! 

I just purchased a couple of FiiO silicon bands but it would be great to have some small set device from Chord that works as well as Chord products.  I share your admiration for the company.  

Today, "gimmick" suggests a cheaper, superficial presentation.  Yesterday there was an article in response to parents who said "Beyonce has empowered my daughter with her music" where the author cited comparisons between Beyonce lyrics and shakespeare at first, and then said her music was "gimmicky" and then went on to printing out some very vile lyrics that I doubted that most parents have ever heard writing that this vile stuff is not empowering but a "gimmick" style. 

This may be just our subjective meaning of "gimmick", so thank you for the clarification!  

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #16,882 of 42,765
Is there any way to charge and play from your iPhone at the same time with using the mojo?

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #16,883 of 42,765
Is there any way to charge and play from your iPhone at the same time with using the mojo?

Apple has released a new Camera Connection Kit adapter that has a lightning port alongside the USB port.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #16,885 of 42,765

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #16,886 of 42,765
  I have a really weird problem with my Mojo/AK120ii

Whenever I try to play a file above 24/96 in this combo Mojo doesn't seem to be able to handle it. Samplerate light switches off. any file up to 24/96 works like a charm. BUT when I connect any other DAP (same cable, same files) via opt in to Mojo it's no problem. so I thought AK problem - nah, it works fine with any other DAC (again, same cable and of course same files).

It appears my AK and Mojo don't want to work together above said samplerate.

any idea is welcome...

hey waynewoondirts, i am experiencing the same exact issue with my AK380 copper paired with my chord hugo. when i try to play 24/192 hdtracks.com album the music simply clips throughout the entire playback of the song being played. the optical cable that i am using is from moon-audio silver dragon toslink form fit cable to connect ak380 copper to my chord hugo. when i play the hdtrack.com 24/192 album through the ak380 copper as a standalone unit it plays all 24/192 albums fine with no clipping issues, but when paired as a combo with chord hugo, that's when the clippings begin. should i order the sysconcept toslink form fit cable and see if i get the same results? i think if i do get the same result it has to be the chord hugo is not processing the 24/192 that is being feed to it. will possibly have to get it checked out by chord hugo through my dealer. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #16,887 of 42,765
  hey waynewoondirts, i am experiencing the same exact issue with my AK380 copper paired with my chord hugo. when i try to play 24/192 hdtracks.com album the music simply clips throughout the entire playback of the song being played. the optical cable that i am using is from moon-audio silver dragon toslink form fit cable to connect ak380 copper to my chord hugo. when i play the hdtrack.com 24/192 album through the ak380 copper as a standalone unit it plays all 24/192 albums fine with no clipping issues, but when paired as a combo with chord hugo, that's when the clippings begin. should i order the sysconcept toslink form fit cable and see if i get the same results? i think if i do get the same result it has to be the chord hugo is not processing the 24/192 that is being feed to it. will possibly have to get it checked out by chord hugo through my dealer. 

If it isn't the cable then given the history of AK's optical outputs I'd look at that being the culprit long before I'd suspect the Hugo as being the issue.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #16,889 of 42,765
A possibility is the lens is dirty on the optical output or input, or on the lens of the cable itself. The Moon Audio cable should be able to transmit 24/192 according their advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back