Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #15,616 of 42,765
  I recognize others use IEMs for a majority of their listening.  Had this been me, with the Mojo, I would seek the best I could afford, as I did with the T1s. 

The 846 do sound like a good choice...I just don't dare demo it!  

(Subliminal messaging)

SE846
SE846
SE846

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #15,618 of 42,765
Quick question so for desktop usage you would have 1 USB coming from the computer for audio playback and a 2nd USB coming from the wall to the charger port to supply power on the MoJo? 

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #15,619 of 42,765
Be careful Mojo might just end up with your winnings in some way or another (cable upgrade, custom interconnect........)

You know what I'm saying is true :p  

Hahha my winnings are going to offset the gear I already purchased for the Mojo >.< about $160 in overpriced but well made interconnects.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #15,620 of 42,765
  Quick question so for desktop usage you would have 1 USB coming from the computer for audio playback and a 2nd USB coming from the wall to the charger port to supply power on the MoJo? 

Yes, that will work perfectly, or some computers supply enough current from a USB3 port, to feed power to Mojos charging port, whilst Mojos data port is being connected to another USB port.

But go ahead and use your proposed solution. It will work perfectly, as long as your wall charger can supply Mojo with at least 1 amp of current.

By the way, Mojo may become warm whilst you are using it plugged into a charger, but don't be concerned.

Plenty of information on all-things-Mojo, in post #3

Happy listening!
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #15,621 of 42,765

Yes, that will work perfectly, or some computers supply enough current from a USB3 port, to feed power to Mojos charging port, whilst Mojos data port is being connected to another USB port.

Oh thanks yeah that helps. With my first USB powered DAC I plugged in the back of my motherboard and I was like hmm this is less bass than without a DAC... like 1 year after, I plugged it into the front panel USB port and it sounded much better and had noticeably more bass haha. Turned out my motherboard was not supplying enough power so that kinda made me paranoid about power but yeah awesome. 
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #15,622 of 42,765
Hey there.
After the last update of UAPP to 2.5.8 I feel that I have to turn the volume of Mojo a few clicks higher to get to the same loudness factor prior to the update... Anyone else experiencing this?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #15,623 of 42,765
Hi guys haven't posted on here for past week or so, i ordered the vibro labs Aria this week, they wont start shipping now until start of may.

Now I have to convert all my files to higher quality than mp3 since I got good enough IEM's sorted.

Will go back and demo the mojo again then. Have also heard intereating things about the new dragonfly dacs eslecially the red. Will try that also as its very small and portable.

Id like to hear the mojo give me the full benefit with quality IEM's and files to see the difference to my set up of cayin c5 and sabre android dac

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #15,624 of 42,765
Hi guys haven't posted on here for past week or so, i ordered the vibro labs Aria this week, they wont start shipping now until start of may.

Now I have to convert all my files to higher quality than mp3 since I got good enough IEM's sorted.

Will go back and demo the mojo again then. Have also heard intereating things about the new dragonfly dacs eslecially the red. Will try that also as its very small and portable.

Id like to hear the mojo give me the full benefit with quality IEM's and files to see the difference to my set up of cayin c5 and sabre android dac

Please don't ever convert MP3 to lossless. There is absolutely nothing to gain. When music is compressed as a lossy format the information lost is gone forever. Unfortunately you need to start with lossless in the first place so re-sourcing your music is necessary if wanting to go to a lossless format from a lossy format.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #15,625 of 42,765
Please don't ever convert MP3 to lossless. There is absolutely nothing to gain. When music is compressed as a lossy format the information lost is gone forever. Unfortunately you need to start with lossless in the first place so re-sourcing your music is necessary if wanting to go to a lossless format from a lossy format.
oh ye of course, I intend to rebuy original albums and start from scratch unfortunately lol

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #15,628 of 42,765
I'm sure you know, but don't go crazy. Make sure you research, find the appropriate source, and try before you invest a ton of money. See if you hear a difference, and of course, if it's worth it.
I dont even know how to convert the original files from a cd to FLAC, im sure I'll work it out lol. I will use my phone like before but this time I will have quality IEM's and higher quality files.

The new dragonfly red interests me also. So many people talking about how they can hear this difference etc, it must be audible. Maybe im just deaf, more likely scenario lol

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #15,629 of 42,765
I dont even know how to convert the original files from a cd to FLAC, im sure I'll work it out lol. I will use my phone like before but this time I will have quality IEM's and higher quality files.

The new dragonfly red interests me also. So many people talking about how they can hear this difference etc, it must be audible. Maybe im just deaf, more likely scenario lol

You can use EAC (exact audio copy) to rip CDs to FLAC or .mp3 and also dBPoweramp. I use both but prefer dBPoweramp cause it is easier to use and faster

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #15,630 of 42,765
foobar also can rip a CD into flac. I find foobar to be best for feeding mojo or any dac. j river pads the bit to make it the maximum supported by the dac. like if you feed mojo from j river, j river shows no changes are being made still it shows feeding 32 bit to mojo. I have compared j river and foobar and found that due to 32 bit padding by j river, mojo sounds slightly 'faster' with more snap to the sound but with foobar with nothing added to the bits , mojo sounds more natural and kind of wet . I feel If properly configured mojo via asio driver using foobar is the cleanest and most direct route to dac. I disable all sounds from sound mixer even mojo is also disabled in sound mixer as mojo is connected to foobar via its asio driver. a Windows tab IMHO can be better as compared to PC or laptop as it may be less noisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back