Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,488 of 1,858

A shoot from my office. Tera player, Hugo and Volkswagen Beatle (1976,1/32), and some pens, pencils.

Wow, cool setup. Could you comment a bit on the sound differences between the Hugo and Tera player? Does the Tera player sound better then the Hugo (paired with a phone or other player)? The Tera player has an interesting dac, but so does the Hugo. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,490 of 1,858
@Jeff Y The cheapest thing on that table is VW beatle,

@RubenV In pricewise, both price is similar. In soundwise Hugo sounded better maybe much better, there is a good resolution gap and hugo has also more natural and has better black background, which is big surprise to me. Because TP has exceptional black background and naturalnes, until hugo I think it is unbeatable at those areas, hugo does :) Sonic capability of hugo is very good to compared with TP. In usage both are good for using, since hugo directly connetected to phone(via Bluetooth preferable, Newer phones has exceptional speed) easy to use with compared to some high priced screened DAPs. An interesting thing is usage of TP is very good to me, high speed interface changes disadvantage to advantage of screenles UI.

Both TP and Hugo are special for me( I used other good DAPs), both are not only deliver music but also shows designers capabilities.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #1,493 of 1,858
@catoval55, @gnomen , that beetle is mine
cool.gif

As I explained, Hugo and TP are special for me.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #1,494 of 1,858
  Thanks Ruben.  Very encouraging to hear.  I have started saving for the Hugo -- expect to acquire one around September so will post an update once I have it.

What a great forum!

You won't be dissapointed :) Please let us know how it compares to the Weiss when the Hugo has arrived.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,495 of 1,858
Could anyone comment on the Hugo paired with OPPO's PM-3 as I am considering getting the PM-3? Thank you.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,498 of 1,858
Hi all,

Can someone help me find a toslink DIY guy?  I want the stock Hugo toslink cable shortened.

Thanks.

I actually cut it down myself. Pulled one end. Cut the fiber , then the sheath, put it back with superglue.

The exposed fiber end will require a certain length, i just measured from the end i took out, added a few mm, cut it down to size after putting it together. works fine for me.

Cutting the fiber is a bit tricky though. Have to be sharp and flat and shiny in the end.

In case i made any mistakes, i bought a new one from amazon.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #1,499 of 1,858
I actually cut it down myself. Pulled one end. Cut the fiber , then the sheath, put it back with superglue.

The exposed fiber end will require a certain length, i just measured from the end i took out, added a few mm, cut it down to size after putting it together. works fine for me.

Cutting the fiber is a bit tricky though. Have to be sharp and flat and shiny in the end.

In case i made any mistakes, i bought a new one from amazon.

Thanks for the tip but I do not have your guts.

I'd make a muck of it.  Better send it to someone who has ample experience and has been doing this professionally.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back