Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Jul 20, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,516 of 1,858
  That's terrific! What does PPA stand for though? No idea as I am a apple noob except for macs.

PPA stands for Paul Pang Audio, named after the engineer who started with tweaking computer audio related equipment. This cable has the Apple CCK incorporated in it's design somehow...

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #1,518 of 1,858
The RCA jacks came loose.

Chord fixed it.

Ah pleased to hear your problem is fixed, and that is the kind of service I would expect for devices in this pricerange. While the Hugo seems almost bulletproof to me (heck, you can even run it over with a tank and it is still functioning) the weakest point IMHO are the sockets I guess. I have some trouble with keeping the USB cable attached sometimes...It would be cool to see a galvanic usb port in a Hugo mark II if it will ever be produced.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,519 of 1,858
I am hoping that if Chord comes up with another product similar to the Hugo, like an upgraded version, Hugo owners will be able to send their Hugos back to UK and get them upgraded to the new tech.

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #1,522 of 1,858

Ah pleased to hear your problem is fixed, and that is the kind of service I would expect for devices in this pricerange. While the Hugo seems almost bulletproof to me (heck, you can even run it over with a tank and it is still functioning) the weakest point IMHO are the sockets I guess. I have some trouble with keeping the USB cable attached sometimes...It would be cool to see a galvanic usb port in a Hugo mark II if it will ever be produced.

Maybe the Chord Hugo II is already in the works as we speak...  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,524 of 1,858

Hardly fair, as iPhones retain far more of their value on the resale market than any other manufacturer's devices ( which cannot be upgraded either ).

True. All phones are pretty overpriced imo. But then what isn't overpriced.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #1,525 of 1,858

Hardly fair, as iPhones retain far more of their value on the resale market than any other manufacturer's devices ( which cannot be upgraded either ).

Even if the resale price plummeted on the release of a new model, it is still an unfair comment. It's not as if the old model suddenly stops working or it's warranty becomes invalid. Support continues. If the buyer was happy to spend xxx for product xxx, he should still be happy with it.
The suggestion that any company would accept the return of a product when they offer a newer model is laughable.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,527 of 1,858

Maybe the Chord Hugo II is already in the works as we speak...  
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe we get a Hugo Jr, that is truly portable and IEM friendly.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,528 of 1,858
  Maybe we get a Hugo Jr, that is truly portable and IEM friendly.

I can honestly say that there is no 2Hugo or baby-Hugo planned or in the pipeline, hth (3Hugo is a marketing dream, can't wait for that one)

The suggestion that any company would accept the return of a product when they offer a newer model is laughable.

unofficial word is 'when God upgrades old for new' Chord will jump on the bandwagon.... until then you'll have to rely on the Darwin theory 'the evolution of products'. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,529 of 1,858
i use my Hugo with my over the ear cans most of the time but the chord plays very nicely with my shure 846 as well

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,530 of 1,858

I can honestly say that there is no 2Hugo or baby-Hugo planned or in the pipeline, hth (3Hugo is a marketing dream, can't wait for that one)

A baby Hugo would be Hugh...

Quote:
unofficial word is 'when God upgrades old for new' Chord will jump on the bandwagon.... until then you'll have to rely on the Darwin theory 'the evolution of products'. 

How wonderful to be so profound... P. Gabriel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back