Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #826 of 6,743
It's not.

Trust me, I owned MANY DACs these lasts years and almost all of them took, more or less, audible noise from my computer via the USB input (worst case: Nuprime DAC-9). This noise was very audible in my MA Silver 10 tweeters, less with headphones.

The Qutest is DEAD SILENT pluged in USB on my system, and this is the first DAC I own to work that way.

There's far more going on with digital streamed audio that effects SQ of the DAC than just GI. Thus my incorporation of as much clean power and clocking of the initiation and continuation of the audio stream. This is already an accepted given regardless of DAC implementation, including DAVE.

The ISO Regen is a good start to clean power and reclocking, but there is better.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #827 of 6,743
If anyone getting the Qutest is directly driving their efficient speakers with the Qutest and did so before with the 2Qute, would love to hear your impressions.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #831 of 6,743
I was impressed enough by Qutest to buy one today in Singapore.
On its own it is neither a DAVE nor a DAVE/Blu2.But a very clear upgrade from HUGO1.

Christer, Congratulations. Can you share where you bought from in Singapore. Who has stock?

Cheers.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #837 of 6,743
Can anybody to write sdetailed review about Qutest?
I'm interested in Qutest comparison to 2qute, Hugo TT and Hugo2.

I doubt many forumers have a 2Qute, Hugo TT and Hugo 2 lying around to compare them against the Qutest, but one can always hope

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #838 of 6,743
Just bought mine and very happy with it.

I used to use QuteHD but wasn't too keen on the 2Qute so moved on to iFi micro iDAC2 instead, but now I'm back to the Chord camp once again.

As the flashy rainbow light suggests, the sound is quite mesmerizing...

0003.jpg

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back