Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Apr 13, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #6,303 of 6,781
Just to clarify, in most cases any buzz on speakers implies issues with grounding somewhere. I'm not sure how yours and your reseller's setup looked like, but in general, with iPower Elite one shouldn't hear any such noise when everything is grounded correctly. Thanks!
If that was the case, the issue would also exist with the standard Chord power supply and with the SBooster power supply and that does not happen, as I wrote before. So the issue was with the Ifi Elite. I do not have issues with any other component in my system.
Thanks!

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #6,304 of 6,781
Have the Elite w/ Qutest on two speaker systems, no buzz. In both the Elite gave a quieter and more robust presentation vs stock. Both systems use Shunyata PLC, one a Denali and the other a Triton.

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #6,305 of 6,781
I decided to try the SBooster and... no bzzz noise at all, dead silent and I notice a better performance than with the supplied power supply.

Do you people using the IFI Power Elite notice any bzzz noise when you are close to your speakers?
I also purchased the SBooster to go with my Chord Qutest. Excellent product! You're right... dead silent

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #6,307 of 6,781
I also purchased the SBooster to go with my Chord Qutest. Excellent product! You're right... dead silent
which model did you choose I don't see any with micro usb connection

Apr 18, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #6,308 of 6,781

Attachments

• SBBooster.JPG
    SBBooster.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #6,310 of 6,781
I'm thinking about picking up a qutest, and am trying to plan whereabouts I could place it within the room. I have looked, but can't find the answer so far, could anybody please tell me how long the cable is on the stock power supply adapter?

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #6,313 of 6,781
I'm thinking about picking up a qutest, and am trying to plan whereabouts I could place it within the room. I have looked, but can't find the answer so far, could anybody please tell me how long the cable is on the stock power supply adapter?
Mine seems to be just shy of 6 feet. I didn’t unplug it so was a little awkward to measure but should be close.

Apr 22, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #6,314 of 6,781
Mine seems to be just shy of 6 feet. I didn’t unplug it so was a little awkward to measure but should be close.
Thankyou!

May 2, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #6,315 of 6,781
I’m using an Aurender N150 streamer into my Qutest. It’s USB only. The Aurender USB output is galvanically isolated. So I have a galvanically isolated USB output into the Qutest‘s galvanically isolated USB input.

Any thoughts on using a DDC to allow use of either optical or coax input to the Qutest? I recall previous posts discussing that Rob thought the optimum input was either optical or coax on the Qutest. Or was that because the quality of USB outputs were such a crapshoot over the past few years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back