Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #22,051 of 22,475
I'm lost on how to stack the hugo2 to the c9.

I was thinking of getting the 1960s rca to 4.4mm adapter.

If I don't have that already how else am I able to connect them?

Jun 7, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #22,052 of 22,475

One cable like this.(( 2x rca male to 4.4mm male))..Or the PW audio adapter, it s fine and you can connect your Iems with directly 4.4mm plug

712qh+nNRUL._SL1500_.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #22,053 of 22,475
One cable like this.(( 2x rca male to 4.4mm male))..Or the PW audio adapter, it s fine and you can connect your Iems with directly 4.4mm plug

712qh+nNRUL._SL1500_.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco
Understood, thanks.

So is rca to 4.4/3.5 the only option for the hugo 2? I will likely get what you mentioned since it will be a lot cheaper.

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #22,055 of 22,475

I’d appreciate if some other people also spoke about this topic. I was also wondering if that is even possible, but as far as I know (quite sure) it’s not a legal connection and can only short the amplifier, the C9. Doing double RCA to 4.4mm. Or using that PWaudio adapter that I also have. My cable is dual RCA to 3.5mm cause it is a single ended signal, two channels

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #22,056 of 22,475
Hi all,
I have a Hugo2 + 2Go and last night the Hugo's power orb started blinking red and a few minutes later it shut down. It's still continuing this behavior and also there's a weird sound it makes every few seconds, like a vibration. Looks like the (stock) charger is OK and the 2Go seems to be charging.
Did my battery die? If so, is the only way of fixing is sending the unit to Chord HQ?
EDIT: I should also add that I'm using the unit as a desktop setup, and very very rarely use it unplugged. I thought it was supposed to work even without a battery?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #22,057 of 22,475

The C9 has a single-ended input. Use it. There is no point in feeding the single-ended signal from Hugo2 into the balanced inputs. Let the C9 do the conversion.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #22,058 of 22,475
Hi all,
I have a Hugo2 + 2Go and last night the Hugo's power orb started blinking red and a few minutes later it shut down. It's still continuing this behavior and also there's a weird sound it makes every few seconds, like a vibration. Looks like the (stock) charger is OK and the 2Go seems to be charging.
Did my battery die? If so, is the only way of fixing is sending the unit to Chord HQ?
Your battery ran down. You used all the power. Plug it in to charge overnight with the Hugo2 turned off.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #22,060 of 22,475
I already did that, and this morning it still acted the same. Plus it's still making these weird noises, and it was always connected to the charger so why would this even happen?
OK. When you connect it to the charger, does the Power light come on in blue or in white? If it doesn't then that suggests Hugo2 is not charging.

I don't have a 2Go so I'm not totally sure of the behaviour but I seem to remember that only one device will charge and then the other will charge so maybe leave it for longer.

You could try separating Hugo2 and 2Go and then charge the Hugo2.

If the Hugo2 is a few years old and well used then the batteries may need replacing. Was the uptime getting short before this happened?

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #22,061 of 22,475
OK. When you connect it to the charger, does the Power light come on in blue or in white? If it doesn't then that suggests Hugo2 is not charging.

I don't have a 2Go so I'm not totally sure of the behaviour but I seem to remember that only one device will charge and then the other will charge so maybe leave it for longer.

You could try separating Hugo2 and 2Go and then charge the Hugo2.

If the Hugo2 is a few years old and well used then the batteries may need replacing. Was the uptime getting short before this happened?
The charging light on the 2Go is white currently. I'll try separating them and see how the Hugo2 behaves on its own.
Yes, I've had the Hugo2 since 2018 and it's been connected to the charger pretty much constantly since. I don't use it unplugged, hardly ever.
But I thought it was supposed to work even without a battery?

EDIT: The Hugo2 is now separated from the 2Go, switched off, and connected to the charger, and there's no charging light whatsoever (power orb has no light). As I connect the charger all 4 orbs blink for a split second so it is responding somehow to the charger being connected, but not actually charging. And making these vibration sound every few seconds...

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #22,062 of 22,475
Now today for the first time I've have tried using my best Rca Cables Atlas Mavros with grun grounding(who has to big connectors to fit the rca holes of Hugo2) with a 3,5mm to 2 rca Adapter. And i most say it really sounds better then the previous Chord Chrimson Rca cables i have been using. In terms of resolution and details and musicality and less bright also nice fatter bass lines.

Well Atlas Mavros occupied my CXNv2 streamer which i recently sold so good times to try it with Adapter.

Also since i have sold my streamer i have been using the Bluetooth input sending Qobuz from my phone. Its not bad at all. Great recordings does sound great. I will see if my incoming Eversolo dmp-a6 master edition streamer/dac can beat that sound or even the Hugo 2 as a dac.

A cheap one like this i am using.
https://www.fruugo.se/1st-guldplate...hGREbw1YnXnxHjURxGJCEkjwhoRnDGexoCcmoQAvD_BwE

Now i ordered this maybe of better quality, i hope it can make a difference although cant complain much about the cheap one so far, i think it sounds clean. I did think about that using an adapter can have some audio loss considering how much care atlas make there connectors.
https://www.highlite.com/en/brands/...a17-xga17-mini-jack-m-stereo-to-2x-rca-f.html

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_103933.jpg
    IMG_20230608_103933.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #22,063 of 22,475
The charging light on the 2Go is white currently. I'll try separating them and see how the Hugo2 behaves on its own.
Yes, I've had the Hugo2 since 2018 and it's been connected to the charger pretty much constantly since. I don't use it unplugged, hardly ever.
But I thought it was supposed to work even without a battery?

EDIT: The Hugo2 is now separated from the 2Go, switched off, and connected to the charger, and there's no charging light whatsoever (power orb has no light). As I connect the charger all 4 orbs blink for a split second so it is responding somehow to the charger being connected, but not actually charging. And making these vibration sound every few seconds...
Oh dear. Time to call Chord support I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back