Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #17,132 of 22,537
I had a question to the Q21 store about price and availability. Here is the answer:
Good morning,
At the moment, Chord has not yet specified the release date and price, most likely such information will be available after the CES in Las Vegas.

Two things are causing me to be wary of that statement:
  • Using the words 'most likely' rather than 'but'
  • Chord did not attend CES in 2019, and have no plans to attend CES 2020.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #17,134 of 22,537
In an age of lossless, HD streaming of far more music than that, I am surprised people still have any interest in this.

Unfortunately data caps aren't exactly generous everywhere in the world, so using up all your data while streaming out and about is a genuine concern.

I prefer to have as much of my own music with me as possible.

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #17,135 of 22,537
Unfortunately data caps aren't exactly generous everywhere in the world, so using up all your data while streaming out and about is a genuine concern.

I prefer to have as much of my own music with me as possible.

Agreed.

Also, I wish to own my own — streaming companies may close down

Or

I may choose not to pay monthly.

Qobuz discount has helped me build a nice library.

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #17,136 of 22,537
Agreed.

Also, I wish to own my own — streaming companies may close down

Or

I may choose not to pay monthly.

Qobuz discount has helped me build a nice library.

Exactly. A bit OT, but when I got my OLED TV I started "buying" all my movies on vudu/digital streaming. Until I realized that if they ever went away I'd be screwed, so now it's physical media all the way.

I'll stream the stuff I like, but isn't my favorite. Anything I really like or listen to often, I'll just outright buy.

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #17,137 of 22,537
Why an extra bluetooth module on 2go when hugo 2 already has bluetooth? did i miss something?

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #17,139 of 22,537
I presume you control 2Go with your Bluetooth on your phone while 2Go plays music off WiFi or the microSD card. Not sure if that’s how Poly works as I don’t own one.
Phones use Bluetooth LTE for controlling Poly, but it lacks APTX or APTXHD - Hugo 2 already has APTX, but maybe 2 Go has the additional modules for LTE and APTXHD.

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #17,140 of 22,537
In an age of lossless, HD streaming of far more music than that, I am surprised people still have any interest in this.

I do not like to be a slave to internet service...when I travel to many hotels other locations internet service can be spotty at best....having access to all my music is vital to me so yes I too look forward to be able to access my music physically

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #17,143 of 22,537
Why an extra bluetooth module on 2go when hugo 2 already has bluetooth? did i miss something?

You have a point. You would think one bluetooth is sufficient to do whatever the **** bluetooth is meant to do. What bluetooth is doing on a device of the price and quality of a Hugo2 is another mystery since it essentially flushes all the quality that people have payed their hard earned $ for down the toilet. If they really want bluetooth they can have it with a much much cheaper device.

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #17,144 of 22,537
You have a point. You would think one bluetooth is sufficient to do whatever the **** bluetooth is meant to do. What bluetooth is doing on a device of the price and quality of a Hugo2 is another mystery since it essentially flushes all the quality that people have payed their hard earned $ for down the toilet. If they really want bluetooth they can have it with a much much cheaper device.

Bluetooth, if done right actually sounds very good, good enough for mobile listening.

Hugo 2 is a portable (battery powered anyway) device as well, so why not Bluetooth, 2x Bluetooth doesn't make any sense though.

Oct 6, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #17,145 of 22,537
Bluetooth, if done right actually sounds very good, good enough for mobile listening.

Hugo 2 is a portable (battery powered anyway) device as well, so why not Bluetooth, 2x Bluetooth doesn't make any sense though.

Because you lower the quality down to the level of a much cheaper device. If you have a decent smartphone you could just listen to that if you are insisting on bluetooth. Bluetooth X2 is of course completely idiotic, but never mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back