Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Feb 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #11,236 of 22,522
So, if you keep the H2 always plugged to the mains but turn it off when not in use, it starts charging the battery to the max to have H2 ready for the next portable use. Would this somehow compromise the battery life of H2?
no 3.5 years plus that’s what I do.

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #11,237 of 22,522
Feb 27, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #11,238 of 22,522
no 3.5 years plus that’s what I do.

Maybe slightly. As I understand from the following post, the recommendation is to leave it on if battery is what you're concerned about:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.831345/page-275#post-13534594

Thank you both! Nice post from RW.
So, doing what I wrote isn't the best way to extend battery life of H2.
But, if it is what @Whazzzup is doing for the last 3.5 years (with H1 I presume), probably no big problem.
On the other hand, battery is probably the easiest "component" to replace on H2.
So, I'll keep the H2 plugged to the mains and turning it off each time I stop use it since I only use H2 by night, between dinner and bed time in my dedicated listening sessions.

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #11,239 of 22,522
Anyone with a bigger 'willy' to wave on this thread? 1200 watts per channel, anyone?

Spotify Free: listening to Darlingside 'Hold Your Head Up High'

Good shot Charlie!
As far "Holding My Head Up High" I am typing this from the 25th floor of my hotel 5 Star hotel room along Singapore River.Quite a phallic one, Copthorne Waterfront.
How about that for bragging rights?
And imho,as far as reproducing large scale symphonic and operatic music as close as possible to how it sounds live, I am afraid both size and power matter a lot.
Next up Mahler live in a couple of days.
Cheers from Christer.

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #11,241 of 22,522
Good shot Charlie!
As far "Holding My Head Up High" I am typing this from the 25th floor of my hotel 5 Star hotel room along Singapore River.Quite a phallic one, Copthorne Waterfront.
And imho,as far as reproducing large scale symphonic and operatic music as close as possible to how it sounds live, I am afraid both size and power matter a lot.
Cheers from Christer.

What a cringe competition. @Christer you are leading the pack.

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #11,242 of 22,522
Good shot Charlie!
Cheers from Christer.
Can we see some photos of the view you see? :) :)

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #11,243 of 22,522
Don't get me wrong, the H2 sounded amazing right out of the box. It's a couple of days later when suddenly it didn't sound as good, but I really just think it's me who's fatigued. BTW I had a pretty good sleep tonight after turning in early and now it's already sounding better!
But as good as the H2 might be, it's still not live music, but digital music reproduced artificially. So IMO the brain does need to adjust to it. When switching headphones with different sound sigs it's much clearer that the brain adjusts. Why should it be different for a DAC/amp?

I think it took me about two weeks to wholly adjust to the Hugo 2. I suggest to try it with an amplifier and speakers if you can too.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #11,244 of 22,522
Anyone find the buttons their Hugo 2 ‘squishy’? They seem to lack the feedback/click of my Mojo. I’ve received a replacement unit however the issue seems little better on the new unit. Just really asking to see if i have unrealisic expectations of the build quality.

btw, the sound from the Hugo 2 is amazing :)

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #11,246 of 22,522
Anyone find the buttons their Hugo 2 ‘squishy’? They seem to lack the feedback/click of my Mojo. I’ve received a replacement unit however the issue seems little better on the new unit. Just really asking to see if i have unrealisic expectations of the build quality.

There's definitely a click in my unit, I don't feel they're squishy at all. But I find it really hard to believe you received 2 units with such a defect, so maybe your replacement feels like it should. I also have a Mojo and you're maybe right about the click being more tactile there.
Also, in the Mojo the orbs rotate in all directions and they don't do that on the H2.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #11,247 of 22,522

Yes, I think you do have unreasonable expectations. They are what they are.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #11,248 of 22,522
Yes, I think you do have unreasonable expectations. They are what they are.

The buttons on the first unit often didn’t respond at all, there was often no movement whatsoever when pressed. Two of the buttons on the new unit have a much more pronounced click than the other two, which don’t seem to click at all, so you can’t tell if the press has been registered. If, as you say, i have unrealistic expections then i guess all the units have the same issue?

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #11,249 of 22,522
The buttons on the first unit often didn’t respond at all, there was often no movement whatsoever when pressed. Two of the buttons on the new unit have a much more pronounced click than the other two, which don’t seem to click at all, so you can’t tell if the press has been registered. If, as you say, i have unrealistic expections then i guess all the units have the same issue?
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. My buttons all have a definite click and feel to them. You might, in fact, have a problem. Shocking that two units are affected and you got them. One more try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back