Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #10,171 of 22,475
But, while I'm here; What's Glider?

Thanks for your interest. Glider is a new music player for iOS with streaming support for most protocols including: DLNA, OpenHome, Chromecast, AirPlay, and now MPD. The goal is to provide a consistent and easy to use playback experience across all of your streaming devices, or directly on your iOS device as a replacement for the stock Music app.
http://www.glideraudio.com/

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #10,172 of 22,475
Thanks for your interest. Glider is a new music player for iOS with streaming support for most protocols including: DLNA, OpenHome, Chromecast, AirPlay, and now MPD. The goal is to provide a consistent and easy to use playback experience across all of your streaming devices, or directly on your iOS device as a replacement for the stock Music app.
http://www.glideraudio.com/
Ah. Thanks. I'm afraid I'm a Windows guy, by necessity. Are there posibilities of a Windows version someday?

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #10,176 of 22,475
I'm really looking forward to chord hugo 2 and 2GO bundle. While sonically I'm very happy with my HUGO however having 800 GB portable device is unheard of in such size and sound.

Summary: Can't wait.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #10,177 of 22,475
We’ve thought about your previous posts on your needs regarding this and we’ve a module in design that will pair and lock together with 2go that we believe has what you require.

Browsing through some bluetooth audio remote controls on Amazon in anticipation of 2go pairing with a smartphone...

Any chance for something similar versus controls directly on the H2?

remote.jpg

Just throwing it out there.

Already amazed with the H2. Now 2go w/ ethernet, storage solutions... controls? Wow, just wow.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #10,178 of 22,475
Could the module of 2go be an accumulator?

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #10,179 of 22,475
You would have quite a mess if most tracks didn't have gaps between them :) But some albums are intended to have their tracks bleed together as a single audio stream without any gaps. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is a classic example of this.

Gapless playback is absolutely essential for classical music. Opera especially. A typical opera may have 60 or so "tracks" which must playback without gaps - some of the "tracks" can be only a few seconds long but the music and dialog must flow uninterrupted. (Except between acts). The "tracks" are there to allow navigation. Same with choral music.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #10,180 of 22,475
Browsing through some bluetooth audio remote controls on Amazon in anticipation of 2go pairing with a smartphone...

Any chance for something similar versus controls directly on the H2?

Just throwing it out there.

Already amazed with the H2. Now 2go w/ ethernet, storage solutions... controls? Wow, just wow.

I will change the + and - symbol for an up and down arrow.
So in this case:
  • up / down arrow (single click): navigate through folders / playlists / ...
  • up / down arrow (holding): change volume
  • right / left arrow (single click): navigate through songs inside folders / playlists / ...
  • right / left arrow (holding): forward or rew inside a song
  • play / pause
In any case, watching the hole near the 2Go ethernet port I bet for a bluetooth but attachable module with few bottons, maybe with inline alignment.

But if I am invited to imagine the Chord future I will love something based on true blocks.
Something like roli blocks: https://roli.com/products/blocks/
They are just amazing!

Just imagine ... !

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #10,181 of 22,475
I’m currently weighing up the pros and cons of the Qutest vs. Hugo 2, but I’ll likely be going for the Hugo.

As I understand it the battery life of Hugo 2 is only around 7/8 hours. Will using the 2Go unit likely reduce this life further? Thank you.

John.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #10,182 of 22,475
Hugo for headphones

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #10,183 of 22,475
I’m currently weighing up the pros and cons of the Qutest vs. Hugo 2, but I’ll likely be going for the Hugo.

As I understand it the battery life of Hugo 2 is only around 7/8 hours. Will using the 2Go unit likely reduce this life further? Thank you.

John.
More likely if you are streaming high resolution music.But as we don't have the full final specifications of 2Go module is impossible to predict.

Jan 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #10,184 of 22,475

John.

Not significantly, no. Unless I am mistaken, 2Go will follow the same principle as Poly, in the sense of including an internal battery of its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back