Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #10,127 of 22,475
In the last couple days, @joe28 from Glider has solved the DLNA 1/2second truncation with Mojo/Poly in the latest beta. So, presumably if you will use the Glider app to play your SD card, if will be gapless and complete songs! Glider really is very good.

Thanks @jarnopp!

Just to clarify, the problem still remains on the Poly when playing over DLNA, but Glider gets around this by issuing MPD commands instead of DLNA whenever possible.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #10,129 of 22,475
Wow. Looks incredible. Not rushing while getting Poly right isTime to start saving for a Hugo.
I realize 2GO is primarily aimed at mobile use, but for those that use Hugo2 as a desktop DAC, an Ethernet port might be a good idea, if it can be worked into the design (unless it already has?) That should also clear up some of the problems some people have experienced with Poly using Wifi to stream sources like NAS, Roon, Tidal, etc. For desktop use, WiFi or Bluetooth could be used only for playback control, not the actual streaming of content.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #10,130 of 22,475
2Go is exactly the same I had imagined.
Good design job... but now tell us something more! :wink:

Release date, specs, features, price,...
Yes it looks good, and I am looking forward to it. But I am pleased Chord didn’t announce at CES. I would have been a little concerned if they had, and had indicated a not too distant release date. They clearly have not yet bottomed out remedying all that was wrong with Poly on its release, and while some of the functionality may well differ between 2Go and Poly, there will be enough commonality for it to important that this is done before development of the 2Go is finalised.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #10,131 of 22,475
2Go is exactly the same I had imagined.
Good design job... but now tell us something more! :wink:

Release date, specs, features, price,...
I think there was a post yesterday, stating that the development of 2Go had been paused, until the Poly issues have been sorted out. Consequently I think it is probably impossible to answer some of your questions at the present time.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #10,132 of 22,475
2_Go_dimmensions_Mike_Right.jpg

Some quick calculations to get the unofficial 2Go dimensions :wink:
45mm x 100mm x 21mm (0 to 2mm deviation)

So if you have a PELI 1060 to use your Hugo2 on the go, you are going to still be able to use it.

I tried to render "the dark side" of the 2Go but it was a bit difficult to do it from this point of view. Jeje!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #10,133 of 22,475
At the end of the day if you are listening at the blue range regularly with the Utopia from the Hugo2 then I would look in to the source feeding the Hugo2 or go see an audiologist.

Ha ha, I tend to listen to just in the Green! I'm listening to Adele's 21 at the mo, what's the educated view on the 16/44.1 recording?

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #10,134 of 22,475
The Hugo 2 Go looks fantastic but how do you listen to the music on your SD card? Is this via a non-Chord app and your smartphone? Crazy maybe but a Hugo 2 digital audio player with screen and DAP controls would be brilliant for downstairs (kitchen breakfast room), holidays, plane, train and study upstairs (if the upgrade fever is kept in check and you don't buy a Dave). I would then not need to buy a digital audio player. I would find a pouch or a small man bag with shoulder strap as the Hugo 2 AIO wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket. My Questyle QP2R costs £1,300 so +£1,500 for the 2Go (with display and controls for selecting albums etc) would leave me £300 better off and I'd only have one device. Windows Media Player would be used only for ripping new albums for transfer onto the Hugo 2 AIO device.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #10,135 of 22,475
Has anyone tried any vibration dampening/control widgets with the Hugo 2?

Classic Stillpoints made a small difference but H2 seems to be pretty indifferent to these things.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #10,136 of 22,475
Has anyone tried any vibration dampening/control widgets with the Hugo 2?

Classic Stillpoints made a small difference but H2 seems to be pretty indifferent to these things.

I posted about this a few weeks ago. I use a set of four polymer thingies to raise my Hugo 2 for cooling purposes. I don't have speakers anywhere near so it's not for vibration reasons but it has helped with cooling. Mind you, I find my Hugo 2 a lot cooler than the Dave I auditioned recently (using Utopias), at -24 to 27 dB volume, the Dave case (top right section particularly) was much hotter than the left side of my Hugo 2.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #10,137 of 22,475
I posted about this a few weeks ago. I use a set of four polymer thingies to raise my Hugo 2 for cooling purposes. I don't have speakers anywhere near so it's not for vibration reasons but it has helped with cooling. Mind you, I find my Hugo 2 a lot cooler than the Dave I auditioned recently (using Utopias), at -24 to 27 dB volume, the Dave case (top right section particularly) was much hotter than the left side of my Hugo 2.

Yes, I use cheap rubber door stops to raise my Dave off the table merely to increase air circulation. It can get quite hot. Any other things which claim sonic advantages inevitabley excite my foo detectors.

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #10,139 of 22,475
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back