Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #14,086 of 22,516
But either you need a battery (and if I did I would first contact my dealer or Chord and see if I could order one) or you don’t yet and you are trying to make a point. Has your Mojo or H2 battery failed? Are there really thousands of owners with dead batteries that could benefit from this information as you claim? I must say that I have yet to see pop up businesses replacing Hugo 1 batteries and surely there would be if there was a demand.
amazing, you're going to another Chord Dealer to buy a battery, why didn't you contact your Dealer to supply one as previously advised ?... out of personal interest.

As much as I dislike the stupid turn this topic has taken I will dignify your question with an answer, (even though I never got any help from you). There is only one Chord dealer in the country I live in. I have had an exchange with him that was in my opinion less than pleasant so I have no desire to have any further dealings with him. Sorry to air that dirty laundry, but this ^^^ is all getting rather silly. All I wanted was a battery. Now I know where to get it. End of story and this is my last word on the topic.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #14,087 of 22,516
As much as I dislike the stupid turn this topic has taken I will dignify your question with an answer. There is only one Chord dealer in the country I live in. I have had an exchange with him that was in my opinion less than pleasant so I have no desire to have any further dealings with him. Sorry to air that dirty laundry, but this ^^^ is all getting rather silly. All I wanted was a battery. Now I know where to get it. End of story and this is my last word on the topic.

Thanks for the explanation which is appreciated. If that had been explained from the start then there would have been sympathy for your situation. I am sorry that I leapt to a conclusion about your motives but being upfront with the background to a question is sometimes the best policy.

Glad you got it sorted.

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #14,088 of 22,516
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #14,092 of 22,516
I actually meant a home market within Iran. I'm interested in how far afield upper level hifi audio equipment is spreading.

Ok, that's a much more difficult one as all the Iranians I know are no longer living there and certainly don't want to go back! Do we have any Iranians on Head-Fi at all, can they even access this forum?

There are after all some quite draconian rules regarding music and dancing in many muslim countries.

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #14,094 of 22,516
There was another manufacturer saying that there weren't any actual benefits of APTxHD. I can't confirm that as I don't know the technicalities of it. It also requires that the transmitting device supports it and I'm not sure how prevalent it is so far. As for LDAC, The Hugo 2 may have been designed before Sony started selling licences for, and/or before there were suitable Bluetooth receivers with it.
NO, you don't need anything like LDAC module. The true is all Android phones before OREO never ever build with LDAC in mind and yes they got them when they received OREO(some brands even try to hide LDAC function in to developer mode). A lot of cheap Chinese Daps also updated LDAC to their player after get source code from Sony. Your best way to get hi-res wireless-in/out is buy other brand DAPs such as SP1000(AK connect), WM1A/1Z (LDAC), R2R200(LHDC), Lotoo PAW Gold Touch(LDAC) or wait to buy 2go for DLNA. And yes, the SQ is day and night for the new standard, I never go back to apple AAC again after listen to the LDAC.

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #14,095 of 22,516
NO, you don't need anything like LDAC module. The true is all Android phones before OREO never ever build with LDAC in mind and yes they got them when they received OREO(some brands even try to hide LDAC function in to developer mode). A lot of cheap Chinese Daps also updated LDAC to their player after get source code from Sony. Your best way to get hi-res wireless-in/out is buy other brand DAPs such as SP1000(AK connect), WM1A/1Z (LDAC), R2R200(LHDC), Lotoo PAW Gold Touch(LDAC) or wait to buy 2go for DLNA. And yes, the SQ is day and night for the new standard, I never go back to apple AAC again after listen to the LDAC.

The reason for my original question was not streaming _from_ the device (SP1000, 1Z, Hugo etc.) but rather streaming _to_the device, and especially when there is no network connection - so no DLNA. A use case is, for example, when you are listening to music from your DAC/DAP, you want to listen to a YouTube video from your mobile phone to your DAP/DAC. Yes, USB cable is possible but is inconvenient, especially when you are commuting etc. Or your DAP does not support Qobuz (e.g. SP1000) and you want to stream from your mobile to your DAP without the inconvenience of a USB cable. All the mobile phone are sources for the transmission, rather than the receiver/decoder/analog converter.

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #14,096 of 22,516
I will dignify your question with an answer, (even though I never got any help from you). There is only one Chord dealer in the country I live in.

great to see you've had a result regarding your battery... the offer of help was there if you needed it and taking the positive from the negative, at least you have the info so if something did go wrong with your Mojo you would now know whom to contact, so can bypass your Dealer.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #14,097 of 22,516

small point... all Walkman's have LDAC including ZX300 & A-Series (both Hi-Res), the new Sony DMP-Z1 DAP(?) has Bluetooth listed but doesn't mention LDAC in the 'specs' but I daresay the full-specifications will be known on release (be weird if it doesn't have LDAC but hey this is Sony), hth.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #14,098 of 22,516
The reason for my original question was not streaming _from_ the device (SP1000, 1Z, Hugo etc.) but rather streaming _to_the device, and especially when there is no network connection - so no DLNA. A use case is, for example, when you are listening to music from your DAC/DAP, you want to listen to a YouTube video from your mobile phone to your DAP/DAC. Yes, USB cable is possible but is inconvenient, especially when you are commuting etc. Or your DAP does not support Qobuz (e.g. SP1000) and you want to stream from your mobile to your DAP without the inconvenience of a USB cable. All the mobile phone are sources for the transmission, rather than the receiver/decoder/analog converter.
R2R2000 has 2 way BT, 1A/1Z are going to have 2 way BT in next month update, and when SP1000,POLY connect to your mobile phone hotspot then DLNA is activated. So yes, you can streaming to these devices.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #14,099 of 22,516
R2R2000 has 2 way BT, 1A/1Z are going to have 2 way BT in next month update, and when SP1000,POLY connect to your mobile phone hotspot then DLNA is activated. So yes, you can streaming to these devices.
Sorry my bad, just try AK connect and I can stream music form phone library but not from youtube. Hugo2 BT is still more convenient though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back