Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 10, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #13,411 of 22,510
Excellent points. If you don't mind me asking, are you visually impaired?

And have you asked Roon about this?
I am. And, well, you got me there. When I asked JRiver about making there SW usable, he said, we couldn't. I should really give them the benefit of the doubt and ask. The worst they can say is "don't know, don't care:.

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #13,412 of 22,510
I am. And, well, you got me there. When I asked JRiver about making there SW usable, he said, we couldn't. I should really give them the benefit of the doubt and ask. The worst they can say is "don't know, don't care:.

I've messaged with the head Roon guys a lot about various topics/issues the past couple of years... they are very decent people at the Core (sorry, couldn't resist). I can put a safe bet that the worst they'll say is that they'll consider putting it on their roadmap. But they may even reply it already is on their roadmap....

Separately to this - I remember reading last year that voice control was something they were looking at but they couldn't find a solution that integrates really really well - as opposed to half a$$ed. That was last year - maybe things have changed since then and they've found something. Worth asking this question too.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #13,413 of 22,510
I've messaged with the head Roon guys a lot about various topics/issues the past couple of years... they are very decent people at the Core (sorry, couldn't resist). I can put a safe bet that the worst they'll say is that they'll consider putting it on their roadmap. But they may even reply it already is on their roadmap....

Separately to this - I know voice control is something they were looking at but they're still looking for a solution that integrates really really well - as opposed to half a$$ed. That was last year - maybe things have changed since then and they've found something.
I'll get in touch with them. Possible it hadn't occured to them.. Thanks. Now, I'll stop derailing.

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #13,414 of 22,510
A music lab you have there. Excellent. How does holo compare to h2? Did the water really get shipped in from Fiji? um.....:dt880smile:

I don't often share my music but i recommend this highly it is stunning. On roon or tidal. (Astor Piazzolla: Tango: Zero Hour). (Nuevo Tango). This kind of music needs to be understood before it is heard IMHO. The news states a 10,000 strong march against new police controls in Munich on Thursday. I hope it doesn't affect the high end show.

220px-%C3%81stor_Piazzolla_And_The_New_Tango_Quintet_-_1986_-_Tango_-_Zero_Hour.jpg

Beautiful album, one of the only few recordings on mastered on SACD performed by Piazzolla himself (La Camorra, Rough Dancer, and that's it).

Jul 10, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #13,415 of 22,510
Yes will be! I am doing two seminars - first one at 1PM Saturday will be to launch something new, then I will be talking about the tech behind the new product. Then on Sunday again at 1PM it will be Hugo TT2.

It’s really sad that I’m too far away to attend Rob’s seminars!!

For the something new, I bet it’s finally the power pulse array which I have been waiting for 3 years...

Can’t wait to see Rob’s technical presentation.

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #13,416 of 22,510
Let’s try to see if cam jam would stream / YouTube the talks.

I’ve been thinking about it, and we really support this site with our traffic, and our time, and we want to watch these talks online, so let’s make it happen!!!

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #13,418 of 22,510
Great idea. What do you propose?
I propose an organiser from cam jam drops a message here and says -

“Hey guys

Thanks for everything, as a reward, we’re streaming robs talks, maybe for the next event we’ll stream them all!.

We’ve added a patrion page if anyone would like to donate a few sheckles, which will help with the Organising costs for the meet up.”

What do you think? Do you know any of the organisers?

Jul 11, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #13,419 of 22,510
I propose an organiser from cam jam drops a message here and says -

“Hey guys

Thanks for everything, as a reward, we’re streaming robs talks, maybe for the next event we’ll stream them all!.

We’ve added a patrion page if anyone would like to donate a few sheckles, which will help with the Organising costs for the meet up.”

What do you think? Do you know any of the organisers?
'Fraid not. But, I'm sure @jude or @joe Quick might notice this idea. Helps to drop a few @ signs in the right place, and hope they notice. Let's see what happens.

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #13,420 of 22,510
'Fraid not. But, I'm sure @jude or @joe Quick might notice this idea. Helps to drop a few @ signs in the right place, and hope they notice. Let's see what happens.
If you think about it - it would be a good pull for someone’s YouTube channel to live stream an important product launch (and lectures). May as well give cam jam the advertising revenue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back