Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 9, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #13,112 of 22,521
What is this M Scaler you keep talking about? How long do we need to wait to hear it?

Didn’t you hear? He got bored with it and has moved onto something else. I heard talk of a clockwork CD player.

So I guess one could say that would be a wind up CD player as far as you are concerned. :wink:

Jun 9, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #13,113 of 22,521
Didn’t you hear? He got bored with it and has moved onto something else. I heard talk of a clockwork CD player.

So I guess one could say that would be a wind up CD player as far as you are concerned. :wink:

Maybe that’s the new product Rob will launch at next month’s Canjam - a portable cd player with inbuilt M Scaler to use with a Hugo2 ... makes sense .. otoh it could just be the smaller M Scaler he referred to months ago in his launch video for the Hugo2.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #13,114 of 22,521
Rob mentions, “wait til your hear it via an Mscaler”.

So, we know 2go is not bundled with an Mscaler, and 2go uses the screw hole end of H2, sooo, how will an mscaler connect to H2 ? Will it be an addon for H2 and just use the headphone ports and optical port to connect to H2 or will it just be a Mscaler stand alone ?

Regardless, 2go is being bought along with mscaler if it can hook up to H2.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #13,115 of 22,521
Rob mentions, “wait til your hear it via an Mscaler”.

So, we know 2go is not bundled with an Mscaler, and 2go uses the screw hole end of H2, sooo, how will an mscaler connect to H2 ? Will it be an addon for H2 and just use the headphone ports and optical port to connect to H2 or will it just be a Mscaler stand alone ?

Regardless, 2go is being bought along with mscaler if it can hook up to H2.

Connects on the opposite end of the USB ports, via dual coax in.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #13,116 of 22,521
Connects on the opposite end of the USB ports, via dual coax in.

Well, I can totally forget about buying H2TT now since all the goodies this year are H2 related.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #13,117 of 22,521
Well, I can totally forget about buying H2TT now since all the goodies this year are H2 related.

Same here. I don't need the added power of the TT2 with the Utopia, and if 2GO and an m-scaler are both in the works then Hugo 2 will be my go to for a long time. Enhanced portability with the 2GO and DAC capabilities that approach (or I'm guessing) surpass the TT2 when adding an m-scaler.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #13,118 of 22,521
Same here. I don't need the added power of the TT2 with the Utopia, and if 2GO and an m-scaler are both in the works then Hugo 2 will be my go to for a long time. Enhanced portability with the 2GO and DAC capabilities that approach (or I'm guessing) surpass the TT2 when adding an m-scaler.

I just hope the Mscaler isnt a CD player addon as one of the posters above state, as I have 0 need for a portable or static CD player nowadays as all my music is on hard drives.

Now comes the hardpart, does anyone want to buy my house so that I can afford to get all these new toys ?

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #13,120 of 22,521
I just hope the Mscaler isnt a CD player addon as one of the posters above state, as I have 0 need for a portable or static CD player nowadays as all my music is on hard drives.

Now comes the hardpart, does anyone want to buy my house so that I can afford to get all these new toys ?

I think I'd enjoy it either way. I've actually been digging my CD collection out from my High School days and been listening to them directly.

But yea, I'll need to start eating that government cheese diet to save up money for all this stuff.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #13,121 of 22,521
Ok, so if 2Go and an mScaler are connected, will H2 direct the 2Go input to the mScaler before sending to H2?

Who knows, I just mentioned the dual coax in as it's the only way I know to connect it currently. I imagine if that were the case, you'd probably have to chose between streaming input with 2GO, or line in from the m-scaler. Unless the 2GO has a USB data input that can support an m-scaler USB input. All speculation of course.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #13,123 of 22,521
Ok, so if 2Go and an mScaler are connected, will H2 direct the 2Go input to the mScaler before sending to H2?
You're thinking in terms of position. Whatever comes out of the 2go, goes into the H2. If the H2 is connected to an M-scaler, the 2go's content would simply be processed by the m-scalered H2. Front and rear don't matter.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #13,124 of 22,521
I think I'd enjoy it either way. I've actually been digging my CD collection out from my High School days and been listening to them directly.

But yea, I'll need to start eating that government cheese diet to save up money for all this stuff.

Yea me to, I will just stop eating for a month, if muslims can do it so can I.

All I need now is new headphones. I have stuck with AudioTechnica cans for long enough, I have a good few sets of them from mid to high end and I love how light and non fatiguing they are to wear, but its time for an update me thinks.

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #13,125 of 22,521

I think it would be like this.

2go at the end where the screw holes are and the balls, hugo in the middle and then Mscaler to headphones.

So 2go will stream music to hugo2, hugo2 then outputs the audio to Mscaler and the mscaler tidies it up and then outputs it to our headphones.

That would be in my opinion the best way to do it, if its possible to get all 3 devices connected at once, for all I know, it could just be a case of, 2go and Hugo or mscaler and hugo, it may not be possible to have all 3 devices connected at once ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back