Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 22, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #12,946 of 22,475
Has anyone paired the H2 with the Campfire Cascade?

I'm getting ready to grab a pair at the top of the month, and am a little curious how well it pairs with the H2 if anyone has tried it.

I just reviewed them. They seemed to pair pretty nicely. They got me back into listening to a lot of music I hadn't been for a while which really benefits from the bass kick. It helps that I already have a few HD800 cables here that pushed things up a notch, at least IMO.

May 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #12,947 of 22,475
Has anyone tried the following devices with their Hugo2? Seem fascinating and could raise audio quality and possibly dynamics:

ifi iGalvonic 3.0
ifi iSilencer/Defender

May 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #12,952 of 22,475
The discussion actually started in Sound Science. But in Sound Science, if one expresses the thoughts that DACs and amps could sound different, people may hear differently, listening tests could have pitfalls and limitations, sound perception could include subconscious aspects, etc., that is routinely attacked by a few vocal posters, so the discussion can’t happen there either. Realistically, it seems that there’s no place in Head-Fi where such discussions can take place, due to extremists on each side being intolerant of ideas that don’t conform to their belief systems. Maybe you need a new section for open-minded product discussions where real scientific neutrality is expected.
Call it the 'Coventry' forum. RAH

May 22, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #12,954 of 22,475
I just received my Hugo 2 a few days ago. Loving the sound but I think I might be having an issue. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe someone knows whats up.

The only button on my Hugo 2 that feels right and makes a solid "click" every time is the power button. The other buttons will always activate their function but don't click. If I gently shake the Hugo they kind of "reset" themselves and work for a bit and then do it again. They work more consistently when I push from an angle.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't think it's normal based on my experience with the Mojo and PMing a friend on Headfi.

May 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #12,955 of 22,475
I just received my Hugo 2 a few days ago. Loving the sound but I think I might be having an issue. I was wondering if this is normal or maybe someone knows whats up.

The only button on my Hugo 2 that feels right and makes a solid "click" every time is the power button. The other buttons will always activate their function but don't click. If I gently shake the Hugo they kind of "reset" themselves and work for a bit and then do it again. They work more consistently when I push from an angle.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't think it's normal based on my experience with the Mojo and PMing a friend on Headfi.

My buttons all have a solid click.

May 22, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #12,956 of 22,475
My buttons all have a solid click.
Yeah, that's kind of what i figured. The power buttons works and feels flawless. The input selector works most of the time but suffers from the same issue.

I'm hoping someone knows what up and how I can deal with it. I emailed Chord and they asked me to get in touch with Blue Bird Music who then referred me to the dealer. Still waiting to hear back.

May 22, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #12,960 of 22,475

I had the exact same issue. The unit was replaced by my dealer after a short delay. The replacement is an improvement, but the click is not as prominent as the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back