Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 17, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #10,306 of 22,516
Three days ago I gave my Hugo 2 a holiday. Instead of being used in lounge for Headphone use, I moved it upstairs into ‘music bedroom’ along with my 2 channel gear from yesteryear. Bought some coloured Philips Hue lights and it’s taken me back 35 years to when I listened to hifi without a TV in the room. Just relaxation and brilliant sound being fed from Questyle and Pioneer DAPs. Could be it never goes home, and Hugo1 will take over Headphone duties. Really not sure which gets the priority H2!

(Lights only turned up for photos, first time ever used iPad for a pic, lol, takes away Hugo’s own lighting on walls)

Used to dream of owning TagMac gear. Stereophile would rate them amongst the best - especially their FM Tuners. Can imagine those bookshelf speakers throwing a proper 3D soundstage. Three-way designs don't usually image that well in a domestic setting in my experience.

Apologies for straying off-topic.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #10,307 of 22,516
I am sorry if this has already been discussed and I overlooked it but how well does the Hugo 2 pair with the Hifimen HE1000 V2? Does its amp have enough power to adequately drive them? Thanks!
Yes, the combo sounds great, and there's a lot of power reserves left (blue is the maximum I ever need).

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #10,308 of 22,516
You are both correct - turning it off with charger connected leaves it in desktop mode, but the battery is charged up to full charging voltage,ready for portable use, then the charger is disconnected from the battery. The intent is to leave it on all the time, as the applied charge voltage should not degrade battery life when in desktop mode.

Thanks for the replies! I'll leave it on 24/7 then so it always stays in the lower desktop mode voltage in order to prolong/optimize battery life. Hugo 2 seems to run a lot cooler than Mojo so far (my cat hasn't tried to sleep on top of it yet).

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #10,310 of 22,516
Hey All, can anyone recommend a nice USB A to micro USB cable upgrade they are using for the Hugo 2? thanks
Moon Audio Silver Dragon is well made and does a great job!

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #10,312 of 22,516
Welcome to my world. I hate TVs. They suck all the attention out of a room. (Although I do admit to liking the odd programme every now and then - no I don't mean 'odd' odd.)
Welcome to my world. I hate TVs. They suck all the attention out of a room. (Although I do admit to liking the odd programme every now and then - no I don't mean 'odd' odd.)
Yeah, if I didn't have A wife, I wouldn't have a TV.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #10,315 of 22,516
Any significative differences with the standard one included in the box?
Admitadly, it was with the Hugo 1, of course. It's a long time but I do remember a slight increase of clarity. Vague and nebulous? Yes, of course. But, I remember liking the change of cord and not going back to the other one. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Bare in mind I'm also using the Regen and Jitterbug.

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #10,316 of 22,516
surely better to leave h2 to turn off once charging white light goes off in desktop mode when finished playing? no need to leave it on 24/7 unless i'm wrong..

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #10,318 of 22,516
I got my Hugo 2 delivered yesterday. Registered it and then download the driver. Works perfectly. Until I reboot the computer again and then that signature driver error pops up.
I deleted the drive and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. Anyone knows why it does that? I'm sure I bought it from a certified Chord dealer in the US.
Help is very much appreciated!

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #10,319 of 22,516
I got my Hugo 2 delivered yesterday. Registered it and then download the driver. Works perfectly. Until I reboot the computer again and then that signature driver error pops up.
I deleted the drive and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. Anyone knows why it does that? I'm sure I bought it from a certified Chord dealer in the US.
Help is very much appreciated!

Windows? 10? Creators or not Creators? If it's Win 10 Creators the driver is different than Win 10.

NO CLUE if this is your problem, but FYI/FWIW.

Doody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back