Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Feb 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #916 of 22,546
  Mike, that's bad luck for you: The first few silver Hugo²s have an old FPGA code lacking the revision with the dual-data mode.
eek.gif

Damn, I'd better cancel the order then. 
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #919 of 22,546

Mike, that's bad luck for you: The first few silver Hugo²s have an old FPGA code lacking the revision with the dual-data mode.
eek.gif

Damn, I'd better cancel the order then. 
frown.gif

Hey, that was just a bad joke. – Sorry for the confusion!

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #923 of 22,546
what I have been doing is fine tuning the code to suit the resources of the FPGA. So it's about balancing the size of individual modules to obtain the overall best possible performance - and I have managed to improve things by quite a lot, with hundreds of listening to lots of different options. Frankly, I have tried everything I can, and because of the exhaustive nature of the fine tuning I do, there is nothing left to improve - without having much better hardware. So now I have used 100% of the memory, 100% of the DSP cores running at the fastest rate possible, and 98% of the logic.
Rob

Hi rob, i have a concern in regards to how much of a reference sounds or how true to the original recording the hugo 2 may be.
How do you determine the overall best performance as you say? If you could elaborate with some context.
Is it in terms of power efficiency, distortion readings, sound quality?

I've read that you do a lot of listening tests, would this not be subjective.
Thanks.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #927 of 22,546
Hi rob, i have a concern in regards to how much of a reference sounds or how true to the original recording the hugo 2 may be.
How do you determine the overall best performance as you say? If you could elaborate with some context.
Is it in terms of power efficiency, distortion readings, sound quality?

I've read that you do a lot of listening tests, would this not be subjective.
Thanks.

Have you read all the posts by Rob regarding sound and dac design in post #3 of the Mojo thread?

Also Rob has his own Watts Up thread where he discusses a lot about dac design etc.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #929 of 22,546
"You can pre-order from many countries, so it would be useful if you added where you are located."

I am located in New York City, USA

The Chord dealer location link is below and I would have thought that's who you preorder with.

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/dealer-locator/?country=US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back