Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 25, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #9,016 of 22,467
Hello Peter,I certainly agree with you what a blessing to our lives music can be.
And definitely is to me personally.
In the past six weeks I have among all other blessings, attended 8 live concerts by world class artists performing some of the works closest to my heart too.
We are indeed privileged.
But I think,we should not forget all those for whom the exhorbitant price of a HUGO 2,not to mention a DAVE/BLU combo, is far beyond their reach.
Cheers Christer
Keep playing the same old record, on and on and on and on and on, ad nauseam....

Nov 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #9,017 of 22,467
Hello Peter,I certainly agree with you what a blessing to our lives music can be.
In the past six weeks I have among all other blessings, attended 8 live concerts by world class artists performing some of the works closest to my heart too.
But I think,we should not forget all those for whom the exhorbitant price of a HUGO 2,not to mention a DAVE/BLU combo, is far beyond their reach.
Cheers Christer

Dear Christer

You were doing so well in your post until you typed the bit about the 'exorbitant' price of the Hugo etc. We all know your views in this instance, please give it a rest, M8. I will say, yet again, that the only value for money hi-fi product I've bought for several decades, is the original AQ Dragonfly and the later DF Red. I cheerfully paid the price for my Hugo 2 and I cannot see the point of any of us buying a Chord product or anyone else's on a disgruntled basis.

xx

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #9,018 of 22,467
Buy something and if you can’t afford it buy something else. Maybe Dave blu2 comments should be in relevant thread.

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #9,019 of 22,467
Cheers Christer

H2 was out of reach for our budget upon first announcement.

We prioritized. We set goals. We sacrificed.

We sold some items, saved and even had a dealer willing to accept monthly payments before its release.

Hugo 2, like Chord products, is a direct result of freedom. They had the freedom to innovate, get the best ideas, best workers, best parts and the stunning conclusion is before us.

This is not something that coercion will ever produce; not in history, not today and not tomorrow.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #9,020 of 22,467
I reviewed the Hugo2 as part of the Canadian Tour ..focusing on it's use as a desktop DAC and compared it to others. The PSAudio DSJ(Huron) came so very close - basically tied.
Well the DSJ is having another FPGA update before Christmas to lower noise floor and other improvements.
I'll try to post another comparison.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #9,021 of 22,467
I reviewed the Hugo2 as part of the Canadian Tour ..focusing on it's use as a desktop DAC and compared it to others. The PSAudio DSJ(Huron) came so very close - basically tied.
Well the DSJ is having another FPGA update before Christmas to lower noise floor and other improvements.
I'll try to post another comparison.
I've been interested in such a comparison. These two DACs take different paths using FPGA technology, and I'd love to read your take on them. Can you provide a link to your review?

Nov 25, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #9,023 of 22,467
Dear Christer

You were doing so well in your post until you typed the bit about the 'exorbitant' price of the Hugo etc. We all know your views in this instance, please give it a rest, M8. I will say, yet again, that the only value for money hi-fi product I've bought for several decades, is the original AQ Dragonfly and the later DF Red. I cheerfully paid the price for my Hugo 2 and I cannot see the point of any of us buying a Chord product or anyone else's on a disgruntled basis.

xx

"Exorbitant" is a relative term. Not just from person to person, but what gear you're comparing too.

Nov 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #9,024 of 22,467
H2 was out of reach for our budget upon first announcement.

We prioritized. We set goals. We sacrificed.

We sold some items, saved and even had a dealer willing to accept monthly payments before its release.

Seriously. You bought a DAC, not a holy cow. I have financial goals, but being able to buy a DAC is not one of them. If I needed to buy a DAC on monthly payments I would not buy it. I don't even buy a new car if I can't afford to pay for it the day I buy it. My goals financially are provide for my family and to be able to pay for my retirement.

That is just my own point of view. What you do with your own money and your goals are of course your business.

Nov 25, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #9,025 of 22,467
Seriously. You bought a DAC, not a holy cow. I have financial goals, but being able to buy a DAC is not one of them. If I needed to buy a DAC on monthly payments I would not buy it. I don't even buy a new car if I can't afford to pay for it the day I buy it. My goals financially are provide for my family and to be able to pay for my retirement.

That is just my own point of view. What you do with your own money and your goals are of course your business.
Peter has his own reasons for providing good sound for both him and his wife. Not for us to question! And, frankly, with my wife's securety in hand after my death, H2 is a laudible goal for me. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. But I could and I did. Lets move on from this ridiculous price-sniping.

Nov 26, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #9,026 of 22,467
Lets move on from this ridiculous price-sniping.[/QUOTE]

Yes please! There have been so many interesting and helpful things I've read on this thread, people complaining about the price of hi-fi is not one of them.

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #9,027 of 22,467

I’m sorry but what is this novel concept called retirement of which you speak? I think I will be working until the day that I drop.

Does that affect my hifi buying decisions? Nope, not really. I am working harder and longer than at any time in my life (I am well into my 7th decade) and that is all the more reason to be rewarded with some nice toys.

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #9,028 of 22,467
I’m sorry but what is this novel concept called retirement of which you speak? I think I will be working until the day that I drop.

Does that affect my hifi buying decisions? Nope, not really. I am working harder and longer than at any time in my life (I am well into my 7th decade) and that is all the more reason to be rewarded with some nice toys.
6th decade for me. And I'll be tuning pianos till I can't. Just the way it is.

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #9,029 of 22,467
One awesome fellow head-fi member, Thiry, sold me his Hugo 2, and I cant wait till it is in my hands. Now I am looking for a way to protect my newest toy. Any recommendations for a case that is not made of real leather and would ship to Germany or Colombia? Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back