Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 12, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #5,687 of 22,475
Thread needs more pictures... :camera:

I miss the gallery from the top right of the old forum.
Here is one.
20170708_204711.jpg

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #5,689 of 22,475
Jul 13, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #5,690 of 22,475
[Mod Comment]

I know you guys are having a bit of fun with the different coloured Hugos sounding different jokes - but we have one or two people taking it seriously - and complaining to the Moderators. Can we say that its run its course now, and stop with those comments please. From now on - I'm just going to start deleting them.

Thanks

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #5,691 of 22,475
[Mod Comment]

I know you guys are having a bit of fun with the different coloured Hugos sounding different jokes - but we have one or two people taking it seriously - and complaining to the Moderators. Can we say that its run its course now, and stop with those comments please. From now on - I'm just going to start deleting them.

Thanks

I for my part changed all my sarcastic comments to <<** censored ** --> exists only black and silver H2 - both with same electronics>>. Hope this helps to make sure that color of the case does, generally speaking, not change the sound.

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #5,692 of 22,475
You don't have to change anything (but thanks anyway) :relaxed:

Just want to stop people doing it in future

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #5,693 of 22,475
So far tested AEON's and HD800S both sound incredible with it on the white & red filters, you definitely notice the HF roll off on the red and tighter bass so that's my preferred filter although the white aka Dave filter is just as nice.

Yeah, I'm still playing around with the filters but have currently settled on the red filter with HD 800 S as well. The change from other filters is subtle, but noticeable with focus - it's a nice feature to have with the device. I listen to probably 70% electronic music, and I'm finding it's a cracking combo for that genre, where you generally want a pronounced bass response.

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #5,694 of 22,475
If that is going to work, then the aluminium body of the Hugo must touch the granite. Heat travels up, so the granite will have no effect if there is any air between the Hugo2 and the granite.

In any event, I don't think you need to worry. I suspect the overheating issues are overstated and you will not have any problems in normal use. I hope you get your Hugo soon, enjoy!
Hadn't thought of that. I was contemplating a set of slightly thicker feet on the bottom to permit any possible airflow that may ensue. Waste of time?

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #5,695 of 22,475
[Mod Comment]

Thanks
Point taken. Thanks; saved me the trouble.

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #5,696 of 22,475
My first post here...

I have had HD800S for 10 months now, running them off my AV receiver (Pioneer VSX-930) as I didn't have enough dosh to buy a dedicated DAC. I love the headphones and find their sound even with the AV receiver amazing. I love the space, air and realism. I am a newbie to this so I guess my ears are not spoilt yet.

Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and buy Hugo 2 (without actually listening to it) yesterday - I wanted sth portable that will connect to my iphone whilst able to drive these HPs. The parcel just arrived, will give it a listen tomorrow evening. A bit tense that I won't be able to tell much difference but let's hope I will. Ha

How would you describe the sound difference, going from a decent AV receiver to Hugo 2, so I set my expectations right? :)

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #5,698 of 22,475
I noticed one small glich with H2. A slight hesitation when listening to a different resolution with first play of a file. e.g. A 192 file folloed by a 44.1. Nothing major; just wondered if anyone else noticed this? USB

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #5,699 of 22,475
I noticed one small glich with H2. A slight hesitation when listening to a different resolution with first play of a file. e.g. A 192 file folloed by a 44.1. Nothing major; just wondered if anyone else noticed this? USB
i have not noticed this on my H2, but this is not uncommon with devices switching cotexts: going from PCM to/from DSD; and change sample rates and bit depths.

roon, for example, has a setting where you can insert a silence/pause to let the device adjust and avoid exactly this sort of (audible) problem (fwiw). offhand, i think i give my devices 500ms to adjust.

doody

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #5,700 of 22,475
No, I can't reproduce those glitches with a test playlist consisting of 44.1, 88.2, 96 and 192 kHz tracks.

Also, since the full charging cycle (Rob's advice) I can't seem to reproduce the (seemingly heat-related) auto shut-offs anymore. :worried:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back