Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 12, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #2,806 of 22,537

Your description makes sense.  For whatever reason, I can picture what you mean, in my mind's eye.  That's not always the case in subjective audiophile language.   Thank you, bacon333.  

The only thing I regret not trying was the crossfeed setting. It's really difficult to do right but if it sounds anything like the DAVE's Crossfeed 3, that would be a nice bonus.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #2,808 of 22,537
Wadia and Dcs had three boxes,a controller going to two individual boxes,one dac for each channel, apparently the pinnacle of digital design, I'm just wondering what your thoughts on that Rob watts,would you ever do such a design?

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #2,810 of 22,537
Unfortunatly apple isn't even trying to solve our headphone amp audio problem. They just want to continue there own consumer money making bubble. Wireless headphones isn't the end all be all that Apple wants it to be. And otherwise I love the software / hardware. It's sad really.

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #2,812 of 22,537
Unfortunatly apple isn't even trying to solve our headphone amp audio problem. They just want to continue there own consumer money making bubble. Wireless headphones isn't the end all be all that Apple wants it to be. And otherwise I love the software / hardware. It's sad really.
it's simple don't buy their products.Steve Jobs said its only a man that changed this world we live in and only a man that can change it,so stop moaning about the product and stop buying it

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #2,813 of 22,537
Rob

Just a thought:

Can you explain why some people hear the strobe effect with the WTA interpolation filtering of yours, and have you any cure or theory what causing this to make it less stroboscopic?

(The minimum effect is in Cute HD / QBD76 and the most is on DAVE)

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,814 of 22,537
Can you explain why some people hear the strobe effect with the WTA interpolation filtering of yours, and have you any cure or teory what causing this to make it less stroboscopic?

There is no strobe effect that could be caused by the WTA filtering. 
rolleyes.gif
The most likely explanation for such a perception is an unfamiliar transient accuracy instead of the usual smearing effects of conventional DACs in cooperation with tonally flawed sound transducers.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #2,815 of 22,537
There is no strobe effect that could be caused by the WTA filtering. :rolleyes: The most likely explanation for such a perception is an unfamiliar transient accuracy instead of the usual smearing effects of conventional DACs in cooperation with tonally flawed sound transducers.

Yes i hear what you are saying, but something is causing this effect, and are more revealed on DAVE than on older Chord DAC's based on testing and comparison, and where just interested if Rob could had any theory on why.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,816 of 22,537

There is no strobe effect that could be caused by the WTA filtering. 
rolleyes.gif
The most likely explanation for such a perception is an unfamiliar transient accuracy instead of the usual smearing effects of conventional DACs in cooperation with tonally flawed sound transducers.

Yes i hear what you are saying, but something is causing this effect, and are more revealed on DAVE than on older Chord DAC's based on testing and comparison, and where just interested if Rob could had any theory on why.

The only other time I heard about 'strobing' was from (forgive my spelling), Dithyrambes.  Can you guys describe this effect?  I can't picture it.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #2,817 of 22,537
it's simple don't buy their products.Steve Jobs said its only a man that changed this world we live in and only a man that can change it,so stop moaning about the product and stop buying it

Too late, already own a iPhone 7 Plus. Too bad amps suddenly don't work for it anymore huh. I'll stop, but I didn't make that update, Apple did. Now I can't use my $1000 device as I want, as I thought I'd be able too went I bought it.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #2,818 of 22,537
I don't know what is going on in the last few posts 
biggrin.gif

Too late, already own a iPhone 7 Plus. Too bad amps suddenly don't work for it anymore huh. I'll stop, but I didn't make that update, Apple did. Now I can't use my $1000 device as I want, as I thought I'd be able too went I bought it.

Android 
gs1000.gif

It is even worse sometimes and every company has their own flavor. Gotta track down the flavor you like best! 
wink.gif

I like Xiaomis offering due to price and because of screen size - even iphone thingy biggest flavor is way too small for my elephant hands. 

A picture of an elephant for the record: 

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #2,819 of 22,537
The iOS10.3.1 (14E304) on my 64GB iPad Air (A1475 with Wi-Fi + Cellular) works fine (all 44kHz to 96kHz lossless ALAC files) with Mojo. The iPhone5S works fine as well. I can also play the Music Library with Home Sharing on the MacBook/iMac's iTunes Library wirelessly. So I don't really need Poly when I'm at home or within WiFi range of my MacBook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back