Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #20,536 of 22,512
My TT2 went to Medientechnik via my local audio shop where I bought it from. I would go that route. If you bought it online, try in any case to go to your local Chord dealer and see if they can help you. You might want to establish a relationship there anyway. At the prices Chord gear is at, in my experience it's worth going through the local dealer for discounts and service.
Thanks for the feedback I can't go to local dealer as I bought it was originally bought in Spain. I will wait and see if someone pick up the mail.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #20,537 of 22,512
Thanks for the feedback I can't go to local dealer as I bought it was originally bought in Spain. I will wait and see if someone pick up the mail.

Or e-mail Chord Support, give them your current address, and ask them who you should turn to locally. I think there are many Chord dealers in the Netherlands. They will take care of you for sure.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #20,538 of 22,512
Or e-mail Chord Support, give them your current address, and ask them who you should turn to locally. I think there are many Chord dealers in the Netherlands. They will take care of you for sure.
I already contacted Chord support and they referred me to medientechnik-bentlage.de any idea what is the turn around time from this company is the product repaired by them or chord Engineer I am just worried about non chord Engineer repairs and causes some other issues.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #20,539 of 22,512
Anyone here using their Hugo 2 with the Meze Elites? No amp just powered by the Hugo 2? Just trying t find out whether this combo works well or whether it's too bright. Cheers

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #20,540 of 22,512
Anyone here using their Hugo 2 with the Meze Elites? No amp just powered by the Hugo 2? Just trying t find out whether this combo works well or whether it's too bright. Cheers
I have been using Hugo 2 with Meze Empyrean for some time and it's a perfect pairing before my Hugo 2 started giving problems. I think Elite will sing absolutely fine with Hugo 2.

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #20,541 of 22,512
I have been using Hugo 2 with Meze Empyrean for some time and it's a perfect pairing before my Hugo 2 started giving problems. I think Elite will sing absolutely fine with Hugo 2.
Excellent… I think 😀 what problems have you encountered?

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #20,542 of 22,512
H2 works great with warmer headphones. Evens things out. My personal fav pairing with the H2 is my HD 820.

Not to get me wrong, the immense detail with something like the Utopia or Shure KSE is fantastic. But for a pleasant listen that's also detailed, it's the HD 820.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #20,543 of 22,512
That was my main concern as the Meze Elites are not as warm as the empyrean. They sound excellent with the TT2 but that has more weight to its sound signatur.

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #20,544 of 22,512
Using 2GO + Hugo2 as a part of my hifi system. Connect to amplifier via RCA cables. According to the amp manual (Yamaha 2200) the maximum input volume is 2,8V. As far as I know the linear out of Hugo2 is 3V. Is it ok to go with linear mode of Hugo2 or better to make volume level kind of Blue color level? Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #20,545 of 22,512
Has anyone recently had their Hugo 2 serviced or sent for repair to Chord UK from EU, my Hugo 2 is having issues and I am based in Netherlands but apparently due to Brexit it's not possible to send it to UK due to customs and taxes and I have been told to contact medientechnik-bentlage.de in Germany I tried to call them several times no one speak English and they are not responding to my email.

Very frustrating situation Chord was know for their legendary support but now due to Brexit I am wondering in EU we will not get same sort of experience we were used to 😂

It is no problem, the local Chord dealer should be happy to help.

Netherlands:

X-Fi
Hulsterstraat 26a
4116 EZ
Buren (GLD)
Netherlands

Phone: +31 (0) 3445 70777

Email: info@chordelectronics.co.uk

Nov 26, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #20,547 of 22,512
DD5057AE-26FD-4078-B633-119F2C5E8A9F.jpeg

Looks like an interesting weekend coming up… TT2s little brother has just turned up and is now being charged 😊

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #20,548 of 22,512
DD5057AE-26FD-4078-B633-119F2C5E8A9F.jpeg

Looks like an interesting weekend coming up… TT2s little brother has just turned up and is now being charged 😊
OMG the H2 changed my life. REALLY interested in how you compare the two... (hopefully you'll tell me that it's negligible, since I can't afford to get onto the TT2 or Dave and/or M scaler route :L3000:)

Nov 26, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #20,549 of 22,512
OMG the H2 changed my life. REALLY interested in how you compare the two... (hopefully you'll tell me that it's negligible, since I can't afford to get onto the TT2 or Dave and/or M scaler route :L3000:)
I know they say the H2 doesn’t need to be run in but I will be giving it and its cables a chance to settle in. I’m waiting on a adapter to convert 2 BNC into the 3.5 coax. This will mean I’ll be able to slip it into the TT2 system to get a really good idea of how close it is to the TT2.

It will also help me decide whether I need a second SRC-DX. If I do, I’ll make a custom cable for it rather that having 2 1m BNC cables. it will be a pair of 20cm cables going into a 3.5mm jack with a 30-50cm usb.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #20,550 of 22,512
@ArbitraryG

Over the weekend after running the Hugo 2 24hrs / charging battery fully etc. It's still early doors so there maybe further improvements from running in.... I'd imagine minimal as the The Qutest didn't really change much when I had it. Can't recall the TT2 as I just remember it sounding great from the word go.

These are the systems I tried.

1. Hugo 2 < USB < iPhone < Roon
2. Hugo 2 < USB < Pi4 with Power Bank < HQPlayer Server (optical connection) < Roon
3. Hugo 2 < SRC-DX Dual BNC < Pi4 with Power Bank + £10 USB cable < HQPlayer Server (optical connection) < Roon
4. Hugo 2 < SRC-DX Dual BNC < OpticalRendu JS-2 + TQ Silver Diamond USB < HQPlayer Server (optical connection) < Roon

Main system is the same as number 4 but a TT2 + JS-2 power instead of the Hugo 2. HQPlayer is set to 24/768 with Sinc-Mx filter and LSN15 shaper. Headphones used were Meze Elites.

1. I enjoyed this and it was of course the most convenient and easy setup on the fly. Bass was a bit flabby, uncontrolled and sounded a bit shouty at times with some edginess but still enjoyable. Soundstage sounded flatter, compressed and imaging not as clear.
2. A lot better. Bass sounded more controlled, while it lacks the depth, weight and tightness of the TT2 it was very impressive. Mids were clear and highs were good. No obvious edge to them but still a little bit sparkle. Soundstage was much improved here and layering a lot better as well.
3. Take number 2 and reduce RF. Sounded darker but also more compressed... it felt like some of the energy and dynamic feeling was missing compared to number 2. I'd imagine number 2 has some electrical noise getting through which gives the impression of a bigger soundstage etc.
4. Again, same as number 3 really. Very clean & darker sound but it lacks the depth, energy, soundstage & better instrument and voice texture etc of the TT2. At the same time, it misses the extra sparkle of number 2 that makes it fun to listen to.

So far, while 3 & 4 maybe better from a technical point of view but number 2 was the most fun to listen to. There is a clear difference in terms of quality between the the Hugo 2 and TT2, as you would expect. You just get a lot better bass/weight, texture and space around the instruments etc. Sounds more real, solid if you like. But it is more than 2x the price!

But, number 2 sounds great, a heck of a lot better than the K&N SE200 I tried. I need a transportable system rather than portable and I feel it offers a lot of what the TT2 can do but in a lot smaller foot print. I can fit the Hugo 2 into a pocket on my 13" laptop bag and just connect it to the MacBook Pro with HQP and end up with a very good system when I'm away from home. The SRC-DX may add some benefits for the H2 but it also becomes a more bulky system with it and the extra cables.

So no, it's not a TT2 replacement but it's still a keeper and does what it's designed to do and does it really well! I'll probably just buy a reasonable USB cable for system 2 and that will do me for my transportable kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back