Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #17,611 of 22,475
Ooh, I am working on my 24 days of Glögg (homemade and spiced with rom...) so I will for sure be in oblivion by Christmas eve....if the 2Go will continue to be a pipe dream does anyone have experience partnering the Roon Nucleus with the CH2, does it sound good? Any complaints, critique? Feedback?
There are several owners who post about using either a Roon Nucleus, or a NUC running Roon, as an input source for their Chord dacs.
@Amberlamps is one of the owners, so maybe he could start the feedback rolling for you.
:slight_smile:

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #17,612 of 22,475
I use a roon nucleus with my dave/blu2 and love it

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #17,613 of 22,475
I really wish you folks will just start a 2Go speculation thread and pollute that one with ostensible timelines and prices and leave this one to people interested in hearing about the Hugo 2.

Dec 17, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #17,614 of 22,475
Does the Hugo 2 support the VOOC fast (4 amps) USB charging protocol? I have a spare VOOC (Oppo) 4A charger, after thieves stole my Oppo HA2-SE DAP but left the charger on the desk (obviously a bunch of bright sparks). It would be nice to be able to charge the Hugo 2 in half the time of the supplied 2A charger.

Wilson

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #17,615 of 22,475
Just spoken to Chord and the answer is a very definite no to using higher rate chargers such as VOOC or iFS. They will wreck the Hugo 2.

On a separate note, given the very high price of the Hugo, it seems incredibly Scrooge-like to supply neither a USB-C to Micro-USB nor a Lightning to Micro-USB, so I cannot currently use the Hugo 2 on my MacBook Pro, iPhones or iPod Touch. As it stands therefore, Chord's claim to support Apple devices looks pretty thin. Not impressed!

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #17,617 of 22,475
Just spoken to Chord and the answer is a very definite no to using higher rate chargers such as VOOC or iFS. They will wreck the Hugo 2.

On a separate note, given the very high price of the Hugo, it seems incredibly Scrooge-like to supply neither a USB-C to Micro-USB nor a Lightning to Micro-USB, so I cannot currently use the Hugo 2 on my MacBook Pro, iPhones or iPod Touch. As it stands therefore, Chord's claim to support Apple devices looks pretty thin. Not impressed!
Every time chord supply a cable, they get bombarded by posts complaining that they didn't supply a very expensive audiophile grade cable. Chord cannot win. You know your Apple gear, and which make/grade of cable you prefer, so it makes sense for Chord to leave you to buy the cable of your choice.
Of course it is much easier for you to have a rant, rather than admit that you forgot to buy a cable.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #17,618 of 22,475

lol get over yourself and buy your own damn cable.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #17,619 of 22,475
I hope you enjoy your new car sir. Oh you wanted wheels as well. If only you had read the 35000000 posts on our forums you would have found that wheels are not provided.

You lot read like the Chord equivalent of the drooling Apple fanboys, who apologise for every heap of crap Apple dumps on us regularly, like obsoleting a 2 year old iPod touch so it cannot access the latest operating system. Chord's own sales spiel boasts how it can connect to all Apple devices, except of course they have not provided any cables or the required Apple Camera Connection kit. I am beginning to wish I had bought the iFi or the Shure, as oddly they DO provide connection cables to iOS devices.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #17,620 of 22,475
I hope you enjoy your new car sir. Oh you wanted wheels as well. If only you had read the 35000000 posts on our forums you would have found that wheels are not provided.

You lot read like the Chord equivalent of the drooling Apple fanboys, who apologise for every heap of crap Apple dumps on us regularly, like obsoleting a 2 year old iPod touch so it cannot access the latest operating system. Chord's own sales spiel boasts how it can connect to all Apple devices, except of course they have not provided any cables or the required Apple Camera Connection kit. I am beginning to wish I had bought the iFi or the Shure, as oddly they DO provide connection cables to iOS devices.

You tried to make the argument that they don't support Apple devices, which you know is complete horseshit.

I'll bash them all day long for stupid decisions, like the Poly, which I think is horribly overpriced and under-preforms. I'm not going to bash them for something that most every device manufacturer does (not include a cable for every device out there). They don't really supply a coax cable either (AFAIK), are you going to crusade on that platform as well?

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #17,621 of 22,475

I wish that you had bought the ifi or shure as well. You would then have your cable, but then be using a device that doesn't sound as good as a hugo 2. It is your call if you prioritise the cable over sound quality.

Dec 17, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #17,622 of 22,475
It would be wasteful to provide all leads, which isn’t good for the Earth.
If you can afford a hugo2, and are into audio stuff, buying a lead shouldn’t upset you so, it’ll interfere with your listening experience.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #17,623 of 22,475
It is the time wasted, as I am leaving on an overseas trip tomorrow, where I had hoped to take the Hugo 2 to play from my 256 GB iPod Touch and 2016 MacBook Pro to my Beyerdynamic T5P phones. I will just take the Beyerdynamic Impacto instead, unless the USB-C cable and Apple Lightning Camera Connector kit I have ordered, arrive before 11AM tomorrow. Maybe Chord should offer different kits like they now do on the Mojo, Apple, Android, PC.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #17,624 of 22,475
It is the time wasted, as I am leaving on an overseas trip tomorrow, where I had hoped to take the Hugo 2 to play from my 256 GB iPod Touch and 2016 MacBook Pro to my Beyerdynamic T5P phones. I will just take the Beyerdynamic Impacto instead, unless the USB-C cable and Apple Lightning Camera Connector kit I have ordered, arrive before 11AM tomorrow. Maybe Chord should offer different kits like they now do on the Mojo, Apple, Android, PC.

Always remember, prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Dec 17, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #17,625 of 22,475
Airports usually have electronic shops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back