CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 24, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #21,646 of 25,860
It is very naive to think you can focus on the test results of a single person without question. If someone was on a quest to slay big hifi companies, fleecing people, why would they not measure thier own high priced amplifiers? 🤔
There’s a story behind the story here but it’s not mine to tell.

This is only stereo equipment at the end of the day, no need to get too tribal about it.
if Amir and ASR were overtly shilling for some brands, than HF is full on hifi marketing platform with certain members (both mot and non-mot, including a number of professional reviewers, YouTubers and influencers not registered as mot) openly and overtly shilling for various brands. Everyone is trying to make a buck (off of you) these days.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #21,647 of 25,860
Headphones (HD650) and speakers (Wharfedale Diamond 12) the sibilance is still there, If I swap out to a Modi3E it disappears as well but the Audiolab is the smoothest, seems to be the mojo2 itself. Extra clarity at the expense of harshness?
That's thing with resolving gear, it's double edged sword type situation.

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #21,648 of 25,860
That's thing with resolving gear, it's double edged sword type situation.

I think id rather take the smoothest sound then, I don't see the point in pin sharp accuracy under a microscope if its less pleasant and more fatiguing. It is meant to be fun after all. Don't get me wrong the treble clarity is impressive from chord but I want to listen for a long time.

Jul 24, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #21,649 of 25,860
Headphones (HD650) and speakers (Wharfedale Diamond 12) the sibilance is still there, If I swap out to a Modi3E it disappears as well but the Audiolab is the smoothest, seems to be the mojo2 itself. Extra clarity at the expense of harshness?

Could be jitter issues or dirty USB since Mojo 2 does not have a built-in USB reclocker and galvanic isolation like the Modi3E (Schiit Unison USB). I would certainly try a decent transport before making a final judgment

Jul 24, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #21,650 of 25,860
Could be jitter issues or dirty USB since Mojo 2 does not have a built-in USB reclocker and galvanic isolation like the Modi3E (Schiit Unison USB). I would certainly try a decent transport before making a final judgment

Im not using usb im using optical and it sounds the same from all sources, my headphones and speakers have exceptionally smooth treble and haven't encountered this issue with any music until mojo2.

Jul 24, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #21,651 of 25,860
Im not using usb im using optical and it sounds the same from all sources, my headphones and speakers have exceptionally smooth treble and haven't encountered this issue with any music until mojo2.
You are sure you have not activated DSP by mistake?

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #21,655 of 25,860
@max232

Or a company that thinks it is summit-fi has just been exposed as con artist?
Incompetent builders?
Taking advantage of gullible people money?

Ever thought about it this way? 🤔

Btw to everyone, this is actually healthy. It's informing new comers and new builders to play fair and just work hard to achieve great things.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #21,656 of 25,860
@max232

Or a company that thinks it is summit-fi has just been exposed as con artist?
Incompetent builders?
Taking advantage of gullible people money?

Ever thought about it this way? 🤔

Btw to everyone, this is actually healthy. It's informing new comers and new builders to play fair and just work hard to achieve great things.
I have no idea how you come to such conclusions. Con artist? Incompetent?

You feel that it’s ok to throw around comments of that nature?

The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in people.

Jul 24, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #21,657 of 25,860
You feel that it’s ok to throw around comments of that nature?
Yes, sure? It's a company? A "it."
Not a person.

Noticed you have a M-scaler and Dave.

So yeah, you have been duped. Those two items are next to trash in performance.

M-Scaler is actually producing distortion to your source and gear. It is actually making everything worse.
DAVE is performing at a $150 level. That's a disgrace.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #21,658 of 25,860
Yes, sure? It's a company? A "it."
Not a person.

Noticed you have a M-scaler and Dave.

So yeah, you have been duped. Those two items are next to trash in performance.

M-Scaler is actually producing distortion to your source and gear. It is actually making everything worse.
DAVE is performing at a $150 level. That's a disgrace.
Oh dear. :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back