CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 17, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #14,913 of 25,845
Wasn't Rob working on an audio interface or something like that? If so, when will it be released as I am currently in the need of a new one actually.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #14,914 of 25,845
Thanks for the advice. I will try eBay.
Have a great and healthy day.
Cheers
I personally wouldn't use eBay due to the auction fees and buyers increasingly abusing the eBay Buyer Protection policies and forcing sellers to accept returns after 45 days. Use the Head-Fi forums and other audiophile classifieds sites first.

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #14,916 of 25,845
All

I have a Dave and have a pair of horn speakers inbound (107db and 18ohm impedance) and was wondering if anyone had attempted driving a pair of horn speakers directly from the Dave. I know there are well documented examples of people driving single driver speakers like the Voxativ 9.87 and Omega speakers, but curious if anyone successfully tried the same with horn speakers (AG Duo XD in this case).

Thanks!
Anil

Jul 23, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #14,917 of 25,845
All

I have a Dave and have a pair of horn speakers inbound (107db and 18ohm impedance) and was wondering if anyone had attempted driving a pair of horn speakers directly from the Dave. I know there are well documented examples of people driving single driver speakers like the Voxativ 9.87 and Omega speakers, but curious if anyone successfully tried the same with horn speakers (AG Duo XD in this case).

Thanks!
Anil
Man o Man o Man! I have been eyballing those speakers to go with my Audio Note Gear. I would give it a go with the Dave, but I wouldn't rule out other options. I'm sure you saw Steve Guttenbergs' video with Miguel, those speakers and the Audio Note Kondo Ongaku.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #14,919 of 25,845
Yeah, I saw that video, that's an amazing set up! A Kondo Ongaku is way out of my budget (esp with the recent purchase of the Duo XDs), even an older 1997 version (made by Kondo san) is also a little rich for my blood (there's one for sale on USAM, which I briefly considered in a moment of fiscal insanity).

I will be looking at some "reasonable" SET amps as well, if folks have some good suggestions. I'm pretty clueless in this space (my experience has been mostly limited to Pass Labs X/XA series amps).

Anil

PS: What AN gear do you have. I assume from AN UK?

Man o Man o Man! I have been eyballing those speakers to go with my Audio Note Gear. I would give it a go with the Dave, but I wouldn't rule out other options. I'm sure you saw Steve Guttenbergs' video with Miguel, those speakers and the Audio Note Kondo Ongaku.

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #14,920 of 25,845
These sound like words of wisdom from experience :) Duly noted. I see some careful experimentation ahead for me.

Anil

My horn speakers are 107dB sensitive, and while I can't speak to Dave, this is a wonderful(?) opportunity to iron out any tube noises, ground loops, stray buzzes or otherwise unidentified decibels in the system :smile_phones:

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #14,921 of 25,845
Yeah, I saw that video, that's an amazing set up! A Kondo Ongaku is way out of my budget (esp with the recent purchase of the Duo XDs), even an older 1997 version (made by Kondo san) is also a little rich for my blood (there's one for sale on USAM, which I briefly considered in a moment of fiscal insanity).

I will be looking at some "reasonable" SET amps as well, if folks have some good suggestions. I'm pretty clueless in this space (my experience has been mostly limited to Pass Labs X/XA series amps).

Anil

PS: What AN gear do you have. I assume from AN UK?
I have the Audio Note OTO Phono SE Signature Tube Integrated Amplifier, the Audio Note 3.1x/II Balanced DAC and the Audio Note AN-E/SPe HE Speakers as a second system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back