1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by magiccabbage, May 14, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876
878 879 880 881 882
Next

Last
  1. Deano1974
    Good to know the testing will reveal all

2. ubs28
    The Chord Dave works only via Optical with 4K smart TV’s?

3. Thenewguy007
    Unless you know any TV's that accept inputs other than Optical from a audio external source, then yes.

4. ubs28
    Ok cool. I will buy a nice optical cable this weekend then. I think I will make my Samsung 4K TV as the main point for everything as it handles streaming flawlessly. Will be a cool setup for not just movies, but also for music :)

5. musickid
    Will that be optical out from tv to dave?

6. ubs28
    Yes indeed. So I will be able to stream from any device to the TV and then over optical to the Chord Dave. I know it sounds like a strange setup, but I think setup will be perfect for me.

ZappaMan likes this.
  7. musickid
    Good luck there!! But will you know the sample rate/bit depth and quality of the signal out of the tv? You wouldn't want mp3 compressed i'm sure.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. riverred105
    Dave vs Hugo tt2 plus mscalar. Which of these would be the more resolving, better dac?

9. MacedonianHero Contributor
    DAVE plus Mscalar. :wink:

musickid and GryphonGuy like this.
  10. jscmd2000
    Correct answer to your question will depend on the transducer at hand. If you have something that can scale up and discern the difference, the Dave has the edge on computing power and detail retrieval. Most will agree, however, that amplifiers in general have more profound effect on the ultimate sq than dacs do, so TT2+HMS seem to have the edge there. In other words, spend equal or more on your amp than your dac.

To answer this question, you need to either a/b test or listen to both for some time. Personality matters also, I think. If you know you have something not as good, obviously you will wonder about the better one... some people can settle and commit based on whatever reasoning, some people just gotta have the better one or can't get rid of the bug.

I remember this discussion a few months ago in this thread that you might be able to find.

11. Triode User
    You have asked the same question in the MScaler thread and I have answered there.

12. delirium
    Hi!! I was woundering...? How much does a uest dave go for? Thanks

13. miketlse
    Here are the details for one that sold on head-fi.

14. delirium
    Thanks

15. Jiffi32
    Hi all

I know its been discussed before but i was after recommendations for long toslinks that work well with DAVE. I was intending to buy a 10m QED, but they have discontinued it in this length.
    needs to be available in UK/Europe please

First

Back
867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876
878 879 880 881 882
Next

Last