CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Aug 14, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #12,016 of 25,909
Not one person has said to me on this Dave thread to go to the Hugo TT 2 site because I ain't talking about Dave, I came here because I've got more information about ppl going to the show and listening to Hugo TT 2 and m scaler than any other thread,so thank you I really appreciate it

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #12,017 of 25,909
He also seems to think October is ‘autumn’. Poor deluded boy. (I may have to search for an edible hat but I won’t start looking just yet).
Triode I was asking a genuine question yet you text me like I'm some idiot Mike didn't have a clue what I was on about ,did you? Wasn't even texting your way but you had to text to make ya self look something your not.If you got a issue with me then text me privately and I'm sure we can sort it out

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #12,018 of 25,909
Triode I was asking a genuine question yet you text me like I'm some idiot Mike didn't have a clue what I was on about ,did you? Wasn't even texting your way but you had to text to make ya self look something your not.If you got a issue with me then text me privately and I'm sure we can sort it out

I am sorry you have taken objection to what I thought was a bit of harmless fun being poked at Chords predicted shipping dates which are notorious for being shall we say on the optimistic side of life. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have no issues with you which need sorting out and it was only meant as friendly banter. That is the trouble with forums where if you were stood next to me you would see the big friendly smile as I said it to you as a fellow Chord enthusiast.

Friends?

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #12,019 of 25,909
I am sorry you have taken objection to what I thought was a bit of harmless fun being poked at Chords predicted shipping dates which are notorious for being shall we say on the optimistic side of life. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have no issues with you which need sorting out and it was only meant as friendly banter. That is the trouble with forums where if you were stood next to me you would see the big friendly smile as I said it to you as a fellow Chord enthusiast.

Friends?

Friends?
Felt it was more poked at me than chord but I'll accept your apology

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #12,020 of 25,909

You will just have to accept my word on that. It will however be interesting to see when autumn turns out to be this year.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #12,022 of 25,909
You will just have to accept my word on that. It will however be interesting to see when autumn turns out to be this year.
It's the same date every year I couldn't
I'm not bothered when the Hugo TT 2 comes out I've paid for it, it's not an issue for me, I couldn't care less

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #12,023 of 25,909
Sorry if I confused anyone last night.
I was well chilled, drinking Glenfiddich, so it was not the optimum time for my brain to engage in detailed understanding of driver issues. :slight_smile:

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #12,025 of 25,909
They said Autumn, they didn't say in what year :)

Yeah, I paid my deposit before I twigged that! Mind you, based on my experience with Blu Mk2, there is something to be said for having lots of little bursts of excitement when you think it might be going to be delivered and then you get to have the same burst of excitement again 3 weeks later and then again 3 weeks after that etc etc. :sweat_smile:

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #12,027 of 25,909
Thank you if you share your impressions.
Yesterday I visited the local Passlab/FW dealer (who happens to be the local Chord dealer, too) and managed to listen to some 95 dB speakers with FW F7, SIT-2, PL XA25 and with BluDave direct. In our 4 hours session BluDave direct delivered the most detailed presentation and separation of the soundstage. However, even that we could drive the Dave loud enough with these speakers (around -10 / -5 dB setting on the Dave) the general presentation missed the fulness and airiness we experienced with the external amps. Dave produced a loud, detailed but "thin" sound which missed the background of the power (amp) even when playing in a near-field setup.

I would say that among the above low power amps the XA25 seems to be the one which can be used in the most situation. Playing any kind of music it was a top performer with the most power among the three amps. Listening to Bill Evans' My Man's Gone Now (Sunday At The Village Vanguard) the XA25 provided the most beautiful and widest soundstage I have ever heared. What really surprised me that the XA25 gave the most SET like colorful sound. Something I expected from the SIT-2 based on the reviews I had taken a look into.

The SIT-2 sounded very natural after the "tubed" sound we experienced with the XA25. The soundstage was a bit narrower and the separation felt behind the XA25. Then we put on a CD with Sonny Rollins' Where Are You (The Bridge) and... OMG.... the natural flavour of the SIT-2 that I found a bit purist and low key after the XA25, gave me the most live-experience of a recorded musical performance ever! Enjoying with closed eyes and with the XA25 I had the feeling I was listening to vinyl and not CD on a very very nice tube amped hifi system. Or like Mr. Rollins and his band would perfom in one of the best clubs live. With the SIT-2.... Sonny himself came into my room just for a visit. Fully live, uncomplicated, personal, direct connection between the artist and the listener through the most natural representation of music.

Last the FW F7. Honestly a very nice amp but the XA25 "stole the show". The F7 is much closer to the XA25 than to the SIT-2 and sounds like a first incarnation or pilot of the XA25. Everything is there, SET like sound, soundstage, etc. but this everything is simply MUCH better with the XA25.

So SIT-2 or XA25? Easy answer: both :) XA25 for most cases especially for big bands, wide stages. SIT-2 for solo performances or choir music. If I had to choose I would take take the XA25 as it is the better and more powerful amp. However, when the SIT-2 shines... then it produces something such beautiful and unique that I don't want to forget and give up on this something. An amp which delivers the best of both world could be the ultimative solution for me personally. Maybe the SIT-3?

I've just ordered a custom Omega Super Alnico 6 XRS (intend to use with BluDave direct) and a First WATT SIT-3. As soon as they arrive I re-audit the SIT-2, SIT-3 and the XA25 with these speakers and will sadly have to make a decision :)

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #12,028 of 25,909
Yesterday I visited the local Passlab/FW dealer (who happens to be the local Chord dealer, too) and managed to listen to some 95 dB speakers with FW F7, SIT-2, PL XA25 and with BluDave direct. In our 4 hours session BluDave direct delivered the most detailed presentation and separation of the soundstage. However, even that we could drive the Dave loud enough with these speakers (around -10 / -5 dB setting on the Dave) the general presentation missed the fulness and airiness we experienced with the external amps. Dave produced a loud, detailed but "thin" sound which missed the background of the power (amp) even when playing in a near-field setup.

I would say that among the above low power amps the XA25 seems to be the one which can be used in the most situation. Playing any kind of music it was a top performer with the most power among the three amps. Listening to Bill Evans' My Man's Gone Now (Sunday At The Village Vanguard) the XA25 provided the most beautiful and widest soundstage I have ever heared. What really surprised me that the XA25 gave the most SET like colorful sound. Something I expected from the SIT-2 based on the reviews I had taken a look into.

The SIT-2 sounded very natural after the "tubed" sound we experienced with the XA25. The soundstage was a bit narrower and the separation felt behind the XA25. Then we put on a CD with Sonny Rollins' Where Are You (The Bridge) and... OMG.... the natural flavour of the SIT-2 that I found a bit purist and low key after the XA25, gave me the most live-experience of a recorded musical performance ever! Enjoying with closed eyes and with the XA25 I had the feeling I was listening to vinyl and not CD on a very very nice tube amped hifi system. Or like Mr. Rollins and his band would perfom in one of the best clubs live. With the SIT-2.... Sonny himself came into my room just for a visit. Fully live, uncomplicated, personal, direct connection between the artist and the listener through the most natural representation of music.

Last the FW F7. Honestly a very nice amp but the XA25 "stole the show". The F7 is much closer to the XA25 than to the SIT-2 and sounds like a first incarnation or pilot of the XA25. Everything is there, SET like sound, soundstage, etc. but this everything is simply MUCH better with the XA25.

So SIT-2 or XA25? Easy answer: both :) XA25 for most cases especially for big bands, wide stages. SIT-2 for solo performances or choir music. If I had to choose I would take take the XA25 as it is the better and more powerful amp. However, when the SIT-2 shines... then it produces something such beautiful and unique that I don't want to forget and give up on this something. An amp which delivers the best of both world could be the ultimative solution for me personally. Maybe the SIT-3?

I've just ordered a custom Omega Super Alnico 6 XRS (intend to use with BluDave direct) and a First WATT SIT-3. As soon as they arrive I re-audit the SIT-2, SIT-3 and the XA25 with these speakers and will sadly have to make a decision :)

What a fun and lovely day you have had. I was going to say that you can pop round to my house and listen to the XA30.8 but then I see that you are slightly too far, ahem. Thanks for the report. You have fun times ahead.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #12,029 of 25,909
What a fun and lovely day you have had. I was going to say that you can pop round to my house and listen to the XA30.8 but then I see that you are slightly too far, ahem. Thanks for the report. You have fun times ahead.
Thanks for the invitation anyway never say never :wink: Did you have a chance to compare your XA30.8 to the XA25 or any of the First Watt amps?

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #12,030 of 25,909

Great write up @dakabali thank you!

FedEx delivered my First Watt F2J today...I can't wait to compare BluDAVE direct vs FW F1J vs FW F2J into my Omega Super Alnico Monitors and Voxativ 9.87's. As I mentioned previously, the FW F1J's made the Omega SAMs a completely different speaker (almost full range), even with the usual hit to transparency vs BluDAVE direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back