CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Dec 10, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #931 of 25,861
So would I rkt31

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #932 of 25,861
There are times in life when I am truly thankful for a special experience that touches my heart. Even as I am running this piece of equipment in I am already aware of its special way with music. It casts an emotional spell as soon as the music starts. It is not like anything I have experienced in digital hifi before. This is why I go to see live performances and now the same emotion is here in my listening room whenever I want. I feel privileged to be honest.

This is so special an audiophile moment for me that I have begun to record my thoughts during the burn in process, if only to mark the occasion. (I am already past 4 pages of notes.)

DAVE just connects you to the performance. The drama is almost humbling. All these great musicians pouring out their emotion into your room.

So far I have been having a 20 hour total Classical binge! This from someone who has hardly bothered with classical since digital arrived. :) With Dave the Violin is my new favourite instrument. My goodness Red Book sounds good through DAVE.

(I need sleep)

Thank you Rob Watts for your diligent work and ingenuity.

That's great to hear – thanks, Dave!

Sounds like DAVE is a no-brainer for those who can afford it. I will have to wait till January for my own music-listening epiphany with it.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #933 of 25,861
There are times in life when I am truly thankful for a special experience that touches my heart. Even as I am running this piece of equipment in I am already aware of its special way with music. It casts an emotional spell as soon as the music starts. It is not like anything I have experienced in digital hifi before. This is why I go to see live performances and now the same emotion is here in my listening room whenever I want. I feel privileged to be honest.

This is so special an audiophile moment for me that I have begun to record my thoughts during the burn in process, if only to mark the occasion. (I am already past 4 pages of notes.)

DAVE just connects you to the performance. The drama is almost humbling. All these great musicians pouring out their emotion into your room.

So far I have been having a 20 hour total Classical binge! This from someone who has hardly bothered with classical since digital arrived. :) With Dave the Violin is my new favourite instrument. My goodness Red Book sounds good through DAVE.

(I need sleep)

Very positive and promissing.  I should be able to hear DAVE very soon. I am looking forward to it :)

--> What CD-Player and what HighRes player are you using with DAVE ?  What HEADPHONE ? 

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #934 of 25,861

(I need sleep)

Great!
What country are you in?, if you don't mind letting us know.

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #935 of 25,861
  Great!
What country are you in?, if you don't mind letting us know.

...and county, borough, road, house number, acceptable visiting hours, preferred means of bribery... that kind of thing
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #936 of 25,861

...and county, borough, road, house number, acceptable visiting hours, preferred means of bribery... that kind of thing
tongue.gif

​and can we all come round for Christmas, etc!! 
L3000.gif

How did you manage to get yours so soon? my dealer is still waiting for his dem unit

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #938 of 25,861

tongue.gif

Ha!

Don't tell me that also hadn't crossed your mind!
tongue_smile.gif

....but seriously, though, Dave did receive his DAVE pretty quickly, and good luck to him, as he is clearly a loyal Chord customer
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #939 of 25,861
I have my Dave on order and will receive it sooner or later, the one thing I was asked, when I ordered it was, what color do you want black or silver? I said I prefer black if there is no delay, if there would be a delay send the silver. My system is all black, but it doesn't make a difference to me, only the sound matters with this one.
beyersmile.png

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #940 of 25,861
In answer to questions I ordered fairly early, UK based, have good contacts and I am a longstanding Chord client. We are full for Christmas unfortunately. :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #941 of 25,861
Forgot to say I am not using HiRes kit. Sticking with red book for the time being.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #942 of 25,861
Forgot to say I am not using HiRes kit. Sticking with red book for the time being.

AH... :wink:  

would you mind telling us what headphone are you using so succesfully with DAVE ?  Do you use DAVE internal headphone amp or do you use an external headphone Amp ?

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #943 of 25,861
I mentioned earlier on the thread that I rarely use headphones. I prefer to listen via loudspeakers. Sorry I cannot help.

Edit: The speakers are Sonus Faber Olympica III btw. From early impressions I think their silk dome tweeter is well matched to the detail of Dave. I favour silk dome tweeters much in the same way people prefer the sound of vinyl.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #944 of 25,861

Congrats on the new baby, Dave, (or new baby Dave) and thrilled to hear it's delivering everything you were looking for!  Have a very musical Xmas!

Keep us in the loop as you learn more.  After all, a vicarious Dave is the closest many of us will come!

John

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #945 of 25,861
I favour silk dome tweeters much in the same way people prefer the sound of vinyl.

I like silk domes, too.

I chose a pair of Scanspeak D2900s (can't remember if they were 9500 or 9300 variant) when I built my stand-mount loudspeakers, 20 yrs ago. Not 'high-end' but no slouches at all!

Even these middle-priced (by Scanspeak standards) tweeters portray brushed cymbals beautifully...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back