CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Feb 28, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #25,592 of 25,909
Some claim the upscaled Mojo2 is better, I have hard time believing it.
I'm sure some out there do enjoy that combo more and that's great. But it would honestly make me not follow a single other opinion of that person. Maybe even beyond the audiophile world :)

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #25,593 of 25,909
That is interesting.
If not for DAVE's headphone driving capabilities (I am using it in a full system), would you say MS+Mojo2 could give MS+DAVE run for its money?
May I return with a question: does a dame renders a really good wife unfit?
Sorry, bad comparison 😅
I will make an A/B comparison later 👍
If I HAD to be limited to MS+Mojo2, I would be a very happy puppy too!

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #25,594 of 25,909
I'm sure some out there do enjoy that combo more and that's great. But it would honestly make me not follow a single other opinion of that person. Maybe even beyond the audiophile world :)
Perhaps this person had an RF/EMI/mains.. poluted system, Dave+MS is vulnerable, right? And mojo's batt took out the culprit? Just guessing here.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #25,596 of 25,909
Well I only listen with speakers (I do not own any headphones) and I have had TT2 and Dave side by side in my system for a few weeks before selling the TT2. For me the two immediately noticeable differences are that the Dave has a lovely subtle and utterly transparent top end compared the TT2 and also the Dave bass is really tight and firm compared to the TT2 (I find the TT2 bass to be too soft and a bit muddled compared to the Dave).

I totally agree, your comments perfectly sum up the differences between Dave and TT2 for me, again I don't listen to headphones, this is where the rest of the system and particularly the listening environment may influence our preferences, but I seem to recall Rob Watts, either here or in the MScaler thread mentioning that after the design and development stage he was surprised by the differential that still existed between Dave and theTT2, Rob felt that the SQ of the TT2 would have been closer to that of Dave.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #25,597 of 25,909
That is interesting.
If not for DAVE's headphone driving capabilities (I am using it in a full system), would you say MS+Mojo2 could give MS+DAVE run for its money?

I have compared MMojo2 vs a stock MDave.
Though M2 benefits hugely from 1Mtaps improving timbre and resolution.. it just wont come in Daves ballpark in terms of realism stage and depth.

Then add the cap buffering to Dave.. ohwell i wont repeat myself lol

20231117_092631.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #25,598 of 25,909
I totally agree, your comments perfectly sum up the differences between Dave and TT2 for me, again I don't listen to headphones, this is where the rest of the system and particularly the listening environment may influence our preferences, but I seem to recall Rob Watts, either here or in the MScaler thread mentioning that after the design and development stage he was surprised by the differential that still existed between Dave and theTT2, Rob felt that the SQ of the TT2 would have been closer to that of Dave.
He also said in an interview that he prefers the TT-2 with M Scaler vs a standalone DAVE. I do too.

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #25,599 of 25,909
I owned the tt2 and own the dave/blu2....I agree the dave is a huge upgrade

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #25,602 of 25,909
Mr Watts designs great products what he likes in terms of components is still subjective...I totally disagree with his choices of headphones...he designs em, we decide what we like

Feb 28, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #25,603 of 25,909
I have compared MMojo2 vs a stock MDave.
Though M2 benefits hugely from 1Mtaps improving timbre and resolution.. it just wont come in Daves ballpark in terms of realism stage and depth.

Then add the cap buffering to Dave.. ohwell i wont repeat myself lol

20231117_092631.jpg
How much of this could be attributed to DAVE’s superior headphone output?
I am holding out hope that using MMojo2’s line output would level the playing field.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #25,605 of 25,909
How much of this could be attributed to DAVE’s superior headphone output?
I am holding out hope that using MMojo2’s line output would level the playing field.
M2 has one big advantage.. it can easily run off grid so no loop adding edgyness to the sound due to RF.

Dave with its 20 element pulse array and 17th order noiseshaper can resolve smaller signals which attibutes to its superior depth and realism.

But in stock form its analog section is hold back by lack of power stabillity from the PSU Which is much improved on TT2 by buffercaps that many like.

So i implemented this same buffercap method on Dave. Then one truly hears how good its amp section is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back