CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Nov 11, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #24,859 of 25,903
I'll give Grimm Audio another chance, perhaps I'll demo it at home to hear Chord obliterate it. 😂. Rob Watts is just the best 😂
I gave Dave and TT2 plenty of chances and they have disappointed me for the last time 🤣

1699716778190.jpeg

My reaction when I heard TT2 and Dave for the first time

1699717027672.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #24,861 of 25,903
Nov 11, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #24,862 of 25,903
This thread is a goldmine for audiophile memes 😂
It is a gold mine for people that love to hate on Chord, but must love it and can't let go. It's so funny, I can't stand Chi-Fi, but I don't go to their forums to trash their products. The reason I posted the Grimm comment is because some clown was trashing Chord with it here, so I decided to see if it was as good as the hyperbole was claiming, it wasn't.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #24,863 of 25,903
It is a gold mine for people that love to hate on Chord, but must love it and can't let go. It's so funny, I can't stand Chi-Fi, but I don't go to their forums to trash their products. The reason I posted the Grimm comment is because some clown was trashing Chord with it here, so I decided to see if it was as good as the hyperbole was claiming, it wasn't.
Hahahahhaha. Dude. I never heard the mu2 dac. But yes the mu1 clock and upscaler are better than the mscaler. May as well use it as a paperweight. I run mu1 into my farad dave into a wa33e with upgraded tubes. The sound is magical. I was using the mscaler as a frisbee at the beach last weekend.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #24,867 of 25,903
Hahahahahahahaha, if you say so, it'll be fun when I try those, first it was Holo audio, and now Grimm, the hyperbole better hold 😂
Farad makes a 1000% difference to the dave you notice immediately. Mscaler TBH is somewhat subtle despite many zealots here talking about a quantum leap…. It is not and most know this to be true. The clock in the mu1 with its own scaler blew me
Away. Ramped up the daves holographic presence quite a bit more than mscaler all of this tightly, integrated into a world-class streamer. Plug all this in to the WA 33 elite and your mind is blown. There is a holographic music bubble around your head, unlike anything I have heard before full stop. I doubt there are very few, if any chains in the world that beat this. What it does to the utopia 2022 is jaw-dropping. In fact, I would rank it higher than the abyss 1266, phi TC which I also have. This is not an “if you say so” I have done the comparison to friends and the differences like getting hit with a 2 x 4 in the side of the head.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #24,868 of 25,903
Farad makes a 1000% difference to the dave you notice immediately. Mscaler TBH is somewhat subtle despite many zealots here talking about a quantum leap…. It is not and most know this to be true. The clock in the mu1 with its own scaler blew me
Away. Ramped up the daves holographic presence quite a bit more than mscaler all of this tightly, integrated into a world-class streamer. Plug all this in to the WA 33 elite and your mind is blown. There is a holographic music bubble around your head, unlike anything I have heard before full stop. I doubt there are very few, if any chains in the world that beat this. What it does to the utopia 2022 is jaw-dropping. In fact, I would rank it higher than the abyss 1266, phi TC which I also have. This is not an “if you say so” I have done the comparison to friends and the differences like getting hit with a 2 x 4 in the side of the head.
Interesting, I look forward to trying it then.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #24,869 of 25,903
Away. Ramped up the daves holographic presence quite a bit more than mscaler all of this tightly, integrated into a world-class streamer. Plug all this in to the WA 33 elite and your mind is blown. There is a holographic music bubble around your head, unlike anything I have heard before full stop. I doubt there are very few, if any chains in the world that beat this. What it does to the utopia 2022 is jaw-dropping. In fact, I would rank it higher than the abyss 1266, phi TC which I also have.

Interesting, I look forward to trying it then.
Thats the stack. Somebody please beat it because if you can go higher than this I’m game.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #24,870 of 25,903
I need to insert mscaler into the chain to see if i get a tiny lift. There is one chap on the MU one form on another website that said, the M scaler does create a little lift if it’s put into the chain. So I guess you scale up on the MU one plug it into the M scaler and then into the Dave. I need to run that experiment. I haven’t done it yet. The solution sounds so good and without having to stick another box in it’s pretty nice but since my mscaler is collecting dust, definitely need to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back