CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 3, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #24,736 of 25,905
Strange, I thought Rob didn’t care for balanced if single ended is done properly?
I can see the application for 4.4mm Pentaconn in the Mojo instead of the second unbalanced 3.5mm input because many of the top IEMs only ship with a balanced cable. Using adapters is hardly ideal and we’re undeniably seeing an increase in digital players heating up the market with support for 4.4mm Pentaconn vs. the Mojo.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #24,737 of 25,905
Oct 4, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #24,739 of 25,905
can you damage your headphone amp if you turned Dave up all the way in preamp mode and ran it into the external amp?
Probably not, but you’ll overdrive the amp resulting in distortion.

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #24,741 of 25,905
well lads... big day today.... my farad super 3 for Dave was delayed at US customs... I also ordered a wa33 elite... just so happened everything arrived today. 1st thing I did was upgrade the Dave and did a sound test for a bit... direct from the Dave.... impressed... everything was better defo worth the upgrade... . was wondering if plugging into the elite would make a big difference. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I WAS EFFING FLOORED. Grimm MU1 to SuperDave to WA33 ELITE.... my god... I could not believe what I was hearing... Utopia 2022 scaled Everest. DOnt let anyone tell you this is a minor upgrade. This stack has got to be one of the best in the world. I have a hard time believing I could get much more out of this. Have a 1266 coming... that should be the final nail. Incredible

This is literally like starting the hobby again.. the delta is that extreme.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #24,742 of 25,905
well lads... big day today.... my farad super 3 for Dave was delayed at US customs... I also ordered a wa33 elite... just so happened everything arrived today. 1st thing I did was upgrade the Dave and did a sound test for a bit... direct from the Dave.... impressed... everything was better defo worth the upgrade... . was wondering if plugging into the elite would make a big difference. HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I WAS EFFING FLOORED. Grimm MU1 to SuperDave to WA33 ELITE.... my god... I could not believe what I was hearing... Utopia 2022 scaled Everest. DOnt let anyone tell you this is a minor upgrade. This stack has got to be one of the best in the world. I have a hard time believing I could get much more out of this. Have a 1266 coming... that should be the final nail. Incredible
Are you using upsampling with Grimm MU1?

Oct 4, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #24,743 of 25,905
Are you using upsampling with Grimm MU1?
yes I am... my scaler is collecting dust... I should try it in this chain to see if it makes a diff. the Grimm Mu1 is better than the scaler... the clock is amazing and where th magic happens.... I'll take a great clock over upscaling anyday... Mu1 does both. FPGA for the win Rob has serious competition.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #24,744 of 25,905
yes I am... my scaler is collecting dust... I should try it in this chain to see if it makes a diff. the Grimm Mu1 is better than the scaler... the clock is amazing
Yes I've heard good opinions about MU1.
MU2 from Grimm could be also very interesting as it's streamer/upsampler/dac in one unit.
Anyway have a nice listening.

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #24,746 of 25,905

I’m very happy for you. It truly is one of the best headphone set ups one could ask for and it is amazing how quality linear power supplies can make a difference in the sound. The notes have more weight and the sense of realism goes way up. :)

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #24,747 of 25,905

Ooooooooooooo......cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #24,748 of 25,905

awesome to hear i am giving serious thought to the FARAD3 supply for my DAVE setup (would love a DC4 uber supply but that is beyond my means at the minute where feel farad3 bit more attainable)

Oct 7, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #24,749 of 25,905

Dave and wa33ee pair well together. My tip: try using a hd600 with transparent ultra cable with the combo. I've more or less tried all cans with that setup and the ultra wired hd600 kills it, not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back