CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 19, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #22,666 of 25,851
I will have to watch a second time. Did he say ‘listens’ to it or ‘likes’ it. There is a difference!
Likes and listens. But then it depends what you define as dance music. I guess I should have said electronica, as that's a more accurate description.

So recent non classical music I have been enjoying over the summer - Billie Eilish, Boris Blank, Culprate, Daft Punk, Erased Tapes, Felix Laband, Hans Zimmer, Johann Johannsson, Leonard Cohen, Trent Reznor (Mank), Max Richter, One Eskimo, Patti Smith, Pink Floyd, Public Service Broadcasting, Radio Massacre International, Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones), Rick Wakeman, Yes, Sohn, Tomita, Trentmoller, Villagers, Yello, Olafur Arnalds, Hildur Guonadottir and finally Tangerine Dream.

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #22,668 of 25,851
For everyone who has not been following the Canjam SoCal threads, here is an interesting interview with The Source AV that Rob had yesterday

Just watched this.. was too busy writing another thread.

Its almost scary to see Rob's exitement talking about what hes hearing on a 1sec delayed scaling.. 😬why am i preparing for another fight with my wife as why i need to part with my kidney

Sep 19, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #22,671 of 25,851
I invited a friend over the Weekend to listen to my Chord and Parasound Combo, he has a Naim DAC which is 5k, McIntosh stuff and Focal, he was blown away completely, we listened to music for 5 hours straight at concert levels and I had to keep picking up his jaw from the floor. As @Rob Watts also says, zero ear fatigue. He was so impressed that he's decided to buy a Chord M Scaler and Qutest plus Parasound JC-5/JC-2. I think I'm going to need to switch careers to the audio industry, as I keep selling this stuff without trying. 😂

Sep 20, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #22,673 of 25,851
I think I'm going to need to switch careers to the audio industry, as I keep selling this stuff without trying. 😂
So start working on your speech to sell the coming Chord £100k+ Ultimate DAC 🤐😂

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #22,674 of 25,851
I invited a friend over the Weekend to listen to my Chord and Parasound Combo, he has a Naim DAC which is 5k, McIntosh stuff and Focal, he was blown away completely, we listened to music for 5 hours straight at concert levels and I had to keep picking up his jaw from the floor. As @Rob Watts also says, zero ear fatigue. He was so impressed that he's decided to buy a Chord M Scaler and Qutest plus Parasound JC-5/JC-2. I think I'm going to need to switch careers to the audio industry, as I keep selling this stuff without trying. 😂
It’s easy to convince people about Chord Dacs once they hear them. I loaned my Dave to a friend earlier in the year and the week after he traded most of his kit to a Chord dealer and bought a new Dave. He was blown away by the sound.

Sep 20, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #22,676 of 25,851
So start working on your speech to sell the coming Chord £100k+ Ultimate DAC 🤐😂
By the way, RW has already clarified that the Ultima DAC he is working on is not planned to cost that much and he only mentioned that figure by way of example of the cost of DACs made by other companies.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #22,678 of 25,851
IMG20220916171219.jpg
IMG_0032.JPG

And so, after learning that it was possible, here is DAVE powered by a 160 VdC / 3.5 Ah lithium-ion battery, without any inverter.

Operating voltage: 160 (max) – 120 (min) Vdc.

BMS for charging management and protection, designed free from EMI/RFI emissions. Outgoing have been put Neotech solid core UP OCC cables.

Like the other battery I use for the streamer and the MScaler, a double timer disconnects automatically at set times the charging from both the socket side and the battery side plug, completely isolating all audio components from the mains while listening and reconnects at night for charging, resulting also protected from possible thunderstorms or overvoltages.

It was delivered to me a few days ago, so I'll update with further comments regarding the audio result.

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #22,679 of 25,851
And so, after learning that it was possible, here is DAVE powered by a 160 VdC / 3.5 Ah lithium-ion battery, without any inverter.
Yup Dave can run on DC voltage
No switching to make AC means cleaner power. Time for a nice housing😉

Looking forward to your critical listening impressions compared to net feeded

Sep 20, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #22,680 of 25,851
IMG20220916171219.jpg IMG_0032.JPG

Operating voltage: 160 (max) – 120 (min) Vdc.

BMS for charging management and protection, designed free from EMI/RFI emissions. Outgoing have been put Neotech solid core UP OCC cables.

Like the other battery I use for the streamer and the MScaler, a double timer disconnects automatically at set times the charging from both the socket side and the battery side plug, completely isolating all audio components from the mains while listening and reconnects at night for charging, resulting also protected from possible thunderstorms or overvoltages.

It was delivered to me a few days ago, so I'll update with further comments regarding the audio result.
Waiting for the impressions.
Impatiently :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back