CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Sep 9, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #22,501 of 25,896
Ditto.

The entire questioning from objectivists are extremely pointless, stupid and ego-driven to the point of just being irritating for the sake of wanting to be irritating on internet because "lol funny troll drama is fun".

I think it's best to just put Merkurio on ignore since the guy has already admitted that he is from ASR which alone says a lot what he believes in and none of what is being disputed or retorted back at would be listened to anyways so it's pointless to converse with the likes of him

I too would like to get back to just enjoying Dave impression and experience without this dragging any further than it already did.

I also apologize for sorta starting this myself with the whole outcry of "a $150 DAC can beat DAVE lolwtf" since it's just me being in the heat of moment at Amir's ludicrousness.
Do what the rest of the industry does, ignore Amir 😂

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #22,503 of 25,896
I'll do you one better.

Ignore everything from ASR and measurement snobs. Period.
Sounds good to me, I read Stereophile and they do measurements, but they don't harp on that or let it affect what they hear, they judge the gear on what they hear and how it makes them feel. I'll stick with Stereophile.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #22,504 of 25,896
Except blind tests aren't without fault, and this is extremely relevant when done by hobbyists in an uncontrolled setting. Sighted tests are also clearly faulty. Graphs and measurements also are unreliable. All of these can be useful and are best when used comprehensively together rather than relied on individually but...

I agree, controlled and rigorous blind tests are not an easy task to do without establishing a strict methodology that eliminates all subconscious clues that could lead to deception, in which case they have no statistical utility and therefore don't differ from a sighted test.

Very few and almost certainly no one in this thread have done a true audio blind test, some due to the previously mentioned complexity and others for fear of encountering with the fact-driven reality.

This is why this entire argument (as in the past 4 pages and the continuous ridiculous that keeps plaguing this thred) is literally stupid as ****. People are seeking some absolute way to point to an absolute "best product" or "correct answer". And it simply doesn't exist in this hobby--seriously if you dispute this, I cannot take a word or impression of yours seriously. And worse, on these forums and others, it's mainly all ego driven. Almost none of this conversation is genuine, people are trolling and/or want to be right, and/or want the product they paid for to be universally seen as "king" (which imo is incredibly stupid, but very prominent in this and other chord threads even before all of the Amir bs).

I'm certainly not one of those people seeking for perfection beyond the audible threshold and the features I want, but I believe in the correct answers when questions that have a logical and ascertainable explanation arise, which are those that don't depend on your point of view or mine to be answered, but on their agreement with reality.

My interventions in this thread have never involved logical fallacies or personal attacks, if the rationale is reason for punishment, consider me guilty then.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #22,507 of 25,896
Yes, change the subject as much and as often as we can away from the trollls…. What do you think is different about the DSD? And do you have a DSD capable dac?

The modulators and noise shapers in Quad DSD is better. Even if you downsample the DXD to 88.2 KHz PCM using ROON and use DAVE as the upsampler, you still benefit from the superior timing information from the original DSD file IMO

Sep 10, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #22,510 of 25,896
So are there any new headphones tried with Dave?

Although the HD800 is disappearing from peoples signatures.. i'm still amazed by this combo.

HEK2SE was real similar sounding.
I wonder if DCA will come with a openback version with their resonation absorbtion tech

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #22,511 of 25,896

Although the HD800 is disappearing from peoples signatures.. i'm still amazed by this combo.

I wonder if DCA will come with a openback version with their resonation absorbtion tech
Have you experienced it with the Susvara?

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #22,512 of 25,896

Hd800 series needs 40ohm output impedance from the amplifier to get the tonality right.

Susvara and Stealth is effortless on Dave. He1kse is a quite lacking in overall performance vs Susvara while Stealth is always ahead of Susvara.

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #22,513 of 25,896
Susvara and Stealth is effortless on Dave. He1kse is a quite lacking in overall performance vs Susvara while Stealth is always ahead of Susvara.
Hope the synergy is good at least. I kinda like the Susvara but it's got this weird nitpickiness for some reason.

Sep 10, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #22,515 of 25,896
Synergy is not a thing. Susvara is not nitpicky. It just reflects the quality of the chain behind it. It only needs <145mw to drive it.
Hmm, I see....okay then. I must've paired it with something not as good sounding back then (To be fair it was tried briefly with the older Cayin N6 I borrowed from a friend.)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back