CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #21,361 of 25,873
Anyone find it dumb that one has to use the Remote to put Dave on standby and also to get it out of standby? ...

Jul 12, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #21,363 of 25,873
Was listening to the Final A800 today out of Dave + Farad3 and noticed that all the sibilance is gone. Much smoother but lost a bit of the edge. I can see this combo working well with Headphones on the edge of sibilance. Waiting for my new cable so haven't tested the LCD5 too much but noticed EQ was no longer needed as it subdued the harshness one can get from too much energy in the mid range.

Edit: Planning to get a 100% silver cable for the IEM as well.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #21,364 of 25,873
Was listening to the Final A800 today out of Dave + Farad3 and noticed that all the sibilance is gone. Much smoother but lost a bit of the edge. I can see this combo working well with Headphones on the edge of sibilance. Waiting for my new cable so haven't tested the LCD5 too much but noticed EQ was no longer needed as it subdued the harshness one can get from too much energy in the mid range.
What cable are you waiting for for the LCD5? I just got an LCD5 to use with DAVE and was intending to use the front jack.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #21,365 of 25,873
What cable are you waiting for for the LCD5? I just got an LCD5 to use with DAVE and was intending to use the front jack.
Solo Dave can power the LCD5. No issues. Good combo.

I'm waiting for an adapter so I can use Lavricables Grand silver cable.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #21,367 of 25,873
Guess you are still in the honeymoon period with DAVE and like to touch it. I always use remote to control everything. Congratulations for your happy purchases of DAVE and LCD-5.
Yup. LOL. I have it as my desk setup. Arm length away.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #21,368 of 25,873
Anyone find it dumb that one has to use the Remote to put Dave on standby and also to get it out of standby? ...
I have a solution! Don’t bother putting it in standby.

I just leave my Dave powered up 24/7.

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #21,369 of 25,873

I leave it on as well. Just sometimes want it on standby if I’m not using for a while. No issues. Just think it should be possible without remote.

Does your Dave run cooler as well with DC4?

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #21,370 of 25,873
Do you know the power consumption of Dave in idle and in stand by? I always turn it off at the back and also would like to have a standby knob on the unit.

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #21,371 of 25,873
I don't use the remote - I have no idea where it is - but now you mention it... 😂

Putting it in standby and then the dog chewing the remote would be a real problem, especially if after going into standby a restart results in the DAVE still being in standby. 😳

I leave it on as well. Just sometimes want it on standby if I’m not using for a while. No issues. Just think it should be possible without remote.

Does your Dave run cooler as well with DC4?
DAVE definitely runs cooler on the Farads, that I can say.

Getting those fiery voltage regulators in the smps out of the case definitely helps with that.

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #21,372 of 25,873
I don't use the remote - I have no idea where it is - but now you mention it... 😂

Putting it in standby and then the dog chewing the remote would be a real problem, especially if after going into standby a restart results in the DAVE still being in standby. 😳
Not sure what you guys mean, I travel with Dave without the remote, when I turn the switch on the back it just turns on, out of standby. I assume using another power supply would result in the different behavior you're describing.

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #21,373 of 25,873
Not sure what you guys mean, I travel with Dave without the remote, when I turn the switch on the back it just turns on, out of standby. I assume using another power supply would result in the different behavior you're describing.
Restarting out of standby is the necessary safety mechanism to stop the DAVE becoming a brick in this way 🙂

I've never used the remote or standby so I never put it to the test.

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #21,374 of 25,873

This is what I've done since day one as well

Jul 12, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #21,375 of 25,873

Users who are viewing this thread

Back