CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
May 18, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #20,192 of 25,917
Got the first batch of ac inlets ready for farad for the first lps dave systems. Made these first by hand he will probably will making the rest automaticly but these are artisan made by me, alot of patience by and hand finish work. First member here has ordered as set so hope he enjoys it soon.

And added the install manual for those who like to see upfront how that will go.
It would be good idea to make some mark (for example red dot on top?) on a molex connector to prevent possibility of reversed connection.

May 18, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #20,193 of 25,917
Every lead has a label with the dc voltage on it corresponding with the label on the power supply. In my peronel version i used colored tape when i switched alot but when your color blind and alot of guys are you are screwed. So mattijs wisely desided to go for labels with proper info on it.

Ow and the monitorprint is just there to prevent damage when dc voltage goes off the deep end or beeing switched. Etc etc… so we have covered all bases.🤞🏻😎

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #20,194 of 25,917
Every lead has a label with the dc voltage on it corresponding with the label on the power supply. In my peronel version i used colored tape when i switched alot but when your color blind and alot of guys are you are screwed. So mattijs wisely desided to go for labels with proper info on it.

Ow and the monitorprint is just there to prevent damage when dc voltage goes off the deep end or beeing switched. Etc etc… so we have covered all bases.🤞🏻😎
I'm talking about molex connector. Since it could be inserted in both ways it would be nice to put a red dot (as marked on screen) so it facing back of the Dave.
And of course 3 leads from farads should be also marked with proper voltage.
1652859099220.png

May 18, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #20,195 of 25,917
Aah ok but that has an edge on the lower one side end what will click in the bottom. If you turn it around the thick side will rubb and it will not go in gently to my knowledge. You probably now that. If they follow the pictures it cant go wrong. You cannot do the conversion drunk or toxicated 😁

May 18, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #20,196 of 25,917
People said the same thing about Synergistic Research HOT. My BS meter is maxed out at this point.
1652840661184.jpeg
Wouldn’t you have said the same about ethernet cables?

May 18, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #20,197 of 25,917
Wouldn’t you have said the same about ethernet cables?
We are talking about a RCA/XLR plug that goes on the unused output (this is very problematic and could damage the driver long term) that is not even in the analog signal path that is claimed to have “But this is truly component level change”. Give me a break. If this is not total BS I don’t know what is.

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #20,198 of 25,917
Aah ok but that has an edge on the lower one side end what will click in the bottom. If you turn it around the thick side will rubb and it will not go in gently to my knowledge. You probably now that. If they follow the pictures it cant go wrong. You cannot do the conversion drunk or toxicated 😁

👌 It looks neat though.

Chord could put it on Daves Accessories page aside the stand🙃

May 18, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #20,199 of 25,917
👌 It looks neat though.

Chord could put it on Daves Accessories page aside the stand🙃
Last time I was chatting with certain affiliated person, we were both amazed at the group of “passionate” users of Chord products 🙃

May 18, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #20,200 of 25,917
Last time I was chatting with certain affiliated person, we were both amazed at the group of “passionate” users of Chord products 🙃
Can I see your face chesebert ?

May 18, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #20,201 of 25,917
Can I see your face chesebert ?
No thank you. Not running for office here 🤣 I will let you know when I’m ready to kiss some babies (wearing headphones):o2smile:

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #20,202 of 25,917
Did I say that out loud?

What I meant to say, was, I connected my matrix spdif2, via Bnc to mscaler / Dave - sounds solid, maybe I’ll try comparing to src dx at some point.

May 18, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #20,204 of 25,917
May 19, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #20,205 of 25,917
I wished there was a Display 5 setting so it would not illuminate each time the sample rates change or the playback is resumed. It would be ideal if it only illuminated when a button on the DAVE or remote was selected.
The DAVE display is pretty awful. It is either ditchwater-dull or garish. The resolution of the text is poor - either a higher res display should have been used or a sans serif font used that would make the resolution shortcomings of the display less painfully apparent.

If you want the environment of a DAC circuit to be as electromagnetically quiet as possible I'm not sure that an lcd-type display is even a good idea anyway.

I actually like the design aesthetic of the TT2, in particular the porthole view of the interior. It is a sign of the justified confidence that Chord has in the quality of their product that they have no misgivings in putting its internals on view. Rather like a restaurant where the kitchen is visible from the dining area. I wish more cues had been taken from that for the DAVE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back