CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Apr 6, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #19,666 of 25,909
Thank you very much for the info Paul. It’s nice to get some options here :)

I just puchased the KabelDirekt Pro cable and will be delivered before I pick up DAVE. Indeed a no brainer $ to give a try. Been reading up on this very educational thread and my understanding is that all that matters is getting a good fit to ensure 192 but there is no need for bling bling cables soundwise. DAVE will sort it ou soundwise :)
I have same setup as you Aries G1 and Dave (on demo), I can’t get any cable to work above 24\96. The QED optical ref and the stock cables don’t register a signal, the kabeldirekt transfers a signal but produces only white noise unless I stand and hold it in the socket.

Apr 6, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #19,667 of 25,909
I have same setup as you Aries G1 and Dave (on demo), I can’t get any cable to work above 24\96. The QED optical ref and the stock cables don’t register a signal, the kabeldirekt transfers a signal but produces only white noise unless I stand and hold it in the socket.
Are you sure that optical made that "click" when you were plugging it?
Sometimes toslink cables/socket require extra force to be fully plugged.
At least I had that problem, toslink was not fully plugged and I had problems while playing content above 96kHz

ps. Also when connecting toslink directly to Dave make sure that plug is not hitting Daves aluminium case. Many "audiophile" cables have this thick plug which interacts with Daves case as socket is recessed.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #19,668 of 25,909
Are you sure that optical made that "click" when you were plugging it?
Sometimes toslink cables/socket require extra force to be fully plugged.
At least I had that problem, toslink was not fully plugged and I had problems while playing content above 96kHz

ps. Also when connecting toslink directly to Dave make sure that plug is not hitting Daves aluminium case. Many "audiophile" cables have this thick plug which interacts with Daves case as socket is recessed.
Thanks, yes I did think i made it click. The demo unit is back at the dealer and I’ve ordered one, so the wait begins.

Apr 6, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #19,669 of 25,909
At the end I went for a “sys concept” toslink cable and that passes on 192 to DAVE without issues. The connection also “clicks”.

Apr 6, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #19,670 of 25,909
Was anyone at the Rob Watts seminar at CanJam singapore, who would be willing to share what was said? I guess it may have to do with the rumoured Choral style M-Scaler, but I don't know obviously.

From the Impressions thread

"
warrenpchi said:
Rob Watts’s seminar had some fascinating leaks of future stuff, not even sure I’m allowed to repeat it even though it slipped. :hushed:"
It is on Youtube. He spoke about Mojo 2

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #19,673 of 25,909
Thanks, yes I did think i made it click. The demo unit is back at the dealer and I’ve ordered one, so the wait begins.
I use the supplied optical cable with my TT2 and 192khz is no problem. A solid push until it clicks is necessary. Maybe a Dave someday.

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #19,674 of 25,909
At the end I went for a “sys concept” toslink cable and that passes on 192 to DAVE without issues. The connection also “clicks”.
Ok thanks, that was Aries G1 to Dave right? I’ll try the cables I have with my new Dave when I receive it, if not I’ll look at the ‘sys concept’ can you post a link to it (ideally uk) so I get the right one.

Apr 6, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #19,675 of 25,909
Apr 6, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #19,678 of 25,909
It is on Youtube. He spoke about Mojo 2

That's CanJam NYC. Just assuming from the post I quoted he mentioned some upcoming products during the same seminar at CanJam Singapore.

Apr 8, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #19,680 of 25,909
Hello my friends. I've been considering a Dave for my next purchase, but realized the prices on them have gone a good bit higher than I expected. I could get a used unit, but was curious if anyone has compared their dave to any other dac that they felt performed close to the Daves capabilities for a better price. I considered TT2, but keep reading that it still has a noticable veil to compared to dave and that its a bit warmer. I'm open to suggestions and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back