CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 31, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #18,212 of 25,868
I have no experience with NAD amplifiers, but I do have an Etude which I home demoed with a Naim NAP300. The Etude was brighter and more analytical than the smooth Naim. The Etude sounds like my HD800S headphones. I would suggest it’s more about looking for an amplifier to go well with your B&W’s
I have HD800 (the silver one) and the only amp sounds good in my ears is the WA5. I tried many many SS amps, and the treble all hurts.....

Nov 1, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #18,215 of 25,868
I've just upgraded from a Qutest with MScaler to the Dave kept the Mscaler, just want to say what an upgrade completely blown away with the Dave, love it I've never heard digital replay sound soooo good.

I feed the MScaler with a Naim ND5XS2.
Yep, the Dave is rather special. Enjoy!

Nov 1, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #18,216 of 25,868
Does that mean we are paying half of the price for the art part .......?
In many cases YES!
And Chord Electronics is no exception imo.
Many audiophiles are easily fooled by what they perceive as GOOD looks and fancy face plates.
Few know what the actual pros in the classical recording industry actually use making their recordings.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #18,218 of 25,868
Nov 1, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #18,220 of 25,868
My guess as well. Dave 2 VERY unlikely. Mscaler x seems more likely if anything at all in their SOTA range is coming anytime soon.
And if MOJO 2 will both be better ie more neutral and transparent than H2 and compatible with the Mscaler it might be interesting for travel use, or maybe even on its own?
Cheers CC.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #18,225 of 25,868
Did you not notice the question mark?
Yes I did.
Sorry if you were offended, but:
  • everytime Rob Watts gets asked about DAVE2, he replies that it is not on his roadmap, and he has not even started thinking about preliminary designs
  • for several months posters have been debating images like these , and they do look similar to the teaser photos that Chord has been posting recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back