Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
May 10, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #3,438 of 4,904
It seems folks are displeased with Chord's announcement. No MScaler.

It's likely just a matter of time before we see one...
So cheer up!
P
To brighten the mood, how do you plan to use your MScaler when it hits the market?

Do you have plans for NAS, streamer, or just online streaming services.

Do you feel it will offer more functionality than Blu2 and synergize better with DAVE, or no, the newer DACS like, perhaps TT2.

What additional feature does it need that you currently don't have?

May 10, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #3,442 of 4,904
If these two products are game changing, you have to ask what game Chord are playing. No doubt, respectable products, but if you’re going to hype things to that extent

I love all the gear Rob makes and I know he’s not in charge of marketing..

But this can be a problem with hyping things the way they did on this occasion :frowning2:

Unless something like Davina was being delivered behind all this hype, it’s better to follow the strategy of a Sade album release... you hear nothing for a long time and then out of nowhere, boom, another classic album is released and a worldwide tour right after.

All said respectfully of course - as a great fan of Chord and Rob's work.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #3,443 of 4,904
M scaler is coming soon...not to worry although given that I own the Blu 2 it is not an issue for me.....

May 10, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #3,445 of 4,904
I’m not sure how that will compare with “the unveiling on one of the most significant Chord Electronic Products since our inception in 1999”, however.

Yeah, definitely, NOT. I really thought there was going to be a digital amp or low cost m-scaler, with that proclamation. Either of those would have been significant. I don't get why Chord wants to waste resources on a new TT. When it could have just rolled out a new DAVE in another year and discounted the old DAVE down to mid tier level. Eliminating the TT altogether. Now I just see possible DAVE sales being cannibalized.
But, some feature advancements have been made, so it's a small step forward.

May 10, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #3,446 of 4,904
Yeah, definitely, NOT. I really thought there was going to be a digital amp or low cost m-scaler, with that proclamation. Either of those would have been significant. I don't get why Chord wants to waste resources on a new TT. When it could have just rolled out a new DAVE in another year and discounted the old DAVE down to mid tier level. Eliminating the TT altogether. Now I just see possible DAVE sales being cannibalized.
But, some feature advancements have been made, so it's a small step forward.

In my view, the original Hugo and Dave were definitely game changing products. One expects a company to be enthusiastic about new products, but there’s no need to indulge in hyperbole. It reminds me of those advertisements for “The Best Party Record in the World 34” - were they lying about the previous 33?

May 10, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #3,448 of 4,904
perhaps not today but having spoken to chord people at can jam i am very sure the m-scaler is on its way

May 10, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #3,449 of 4,904
If chord released a standalone mscaler rather than the blu2 in the first place but at the same price, enthusiast will still gobble it up.

It's just now with the cd mech appearing as an obsolete sore thumb for many that they are going about for a more affordable mscaler, but I have strong doubts about the affordable portion.

May 10, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,450 of 4,904
Right, let’s get back to what this forum’s really about — ferrites

Ferrites, ferrites, ferrites, ferrites, ferrites...and if that doesn’t work, more ferrites.

Currently listening to — who could possibly be interested?
This is too funny.

But then again, blu2 itself does sound great ootb so besides some one-off issues, all that's left to talk about are just small tweaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back