Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #2,086 of 4,904
Mm..just got my Chord Blu MK II after more than 4 months of waiting:

I never dreamnt of going back to CDs after more than a decade of abandoning it in favor of digital downloads and, eventually, streaming.

Using the stock BNC (dual mode) connection with the DAVE. For experienced Blu MK II users, do you think the machine will perform even better with a different 75 ohm BNC cable? How so? Or is stock just fine? TIA.
Congrats Raypin! Phasure BNC’s!

Esau

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #2,087 of 4,904
Congrats Raypin! Phasure BNC’s!

Esau

Am interested in Phasure BNC. Have you compared it to any other quality BNC cables?

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #2,088 of 4,904
High Fidelity Cables said they can make 75ohm BNC cables with their magnetic conduction technology even though they are not listed on their site.

Since recently getting the Dave and future plans to get the Blu2 sometime next year, i will be giving them a try.

What I don’t have the technical skill to understand is if their magnetic conduction technology will help solve some of the issues current ownes are seeing with the standard BNC cables that they are resolving by using ferrites.

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #2,089 of 4,904
Am interested in Phasure BNC. Have you compared it to any other quality BNC cables?
No, only to inexpensive Blue Jeans Cable with 4 Ferrite Cores apiece. The sound improvement and, to my wallet at least, reasonable cost were both impressive enough for me to no longer care what else is out there.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #2,091 of 4,904
High Fidelity Cables said they can make 75ohm BNC cables with their magnetic conduction technology even though they are not listed on their site.

Since recently getting the Dave and future plans to get the Blu2 sometime next year, i will be giving them a try.

What I don’t have the technical skill to understand is if their magnetic conduction technology will help solve some of the issues current ownes are seeing with the standard BNC cables that they are resolving by using ferrites.

Is 'magnetic conduction technology' accepted fact? Sorry but for me it is is at the far end of foo, even for audio signals never mind digital cables. :construction_worker:

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,092 of 4,904
Mm..just got my Chord Blu MK II after more than 4 months of waiting:

I never dreamnt of going back to CDs after more than a decade of abandoning it in favor of digital downloads and, eventually, streaming.

Using the stock BNC (dual mode) connection with the DAVE. For experienced Blu MK II users, do you think the machine will perform even better with a different 75 ohm BNC cable? How so? Or is stock just fine? TIA.

Interesting to see if you think there’s a difference in overall sound now as you said before you struggled to hear, if any difference between Dave and internal HE1 dac.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #2,093 of 4,904
Interesting to see if you think there’s a difference in overall sound now as you said before you struggled to hear, if any difference between Dave and internal HE1 dac.
I’m hoping that you can connect BluDave to the HE1, bypassing the HE1’s internal DAC. If so, then the combination may make Raypin the most envied person in all of HeadFi(not that we aren’t envious enough already).

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #2,098 of 4,904
Is 'magnetic conduction technology' accepted fact? Sorry but for me it is is at the far end of foo, even for audio signals never mind digital cables. :construction_worker:
Most cable manufacturers go out of ther way to avoid ferrous metals because they interfere with the magnetic portion of the electromagnetic wave causing IM distortion so adding magnetic interference makes me wonder too????

Dec 3, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #2,099 of 4,904
Mm....looking at rear panels of the HE 1 and Blu Mk II to answer whether it is technically possible to connect both. And......no. It is not possible. Blu Mk II output: BNC (single) and two sets of dual data BNC and dual AES/EBU 3-pin XLR (digital). HE 1 input: Type B USB (digital), Coax (digital), 3 pin dual XLR balanced (analog), RCA cable (analog) and Optical (digital). So, no-go unless I’m missing something......adaptor?? Custom inter-connect?

Something like this?

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-mavros-bnc-sp-dif-digital-audio-cable

Am looking at the Phasure BNC. Looks very reasonably priced (compared with the Atlas Asimi XLR anyway that I am using for balanced analog). But my question remains: will it perform better than, sorry to say, the very ordinary stock BNC that came with the Blu MK II?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #2,100 of 4,904
Mm....looking at rear panels of the HE 1 and Blu Mk II to answer whether it is technically possible to connect both. And......no. It is not possible. Blu Mk II output: BNC (single) and two sets of dual data BNC and dual AES/EBU 3-pin XLR (digital). HE 1 input: Type B USB (digital), Coax (digital), 3 pin dual XLR balanced (analog), RCA cable (analog) and Optical (digital). So, no-go unless I’m missing something......adaptor?? Custom inter-connect?

Something like this?

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-mavros-bnc-sp-dif-digital-audio-cable

Am looking at the Phasure BNC. Looks very reasonably priced (compared with the Atlas Asimi XLR anyway that I am using for balanced analog). But my question remains: will it perform better than, sorry to say, the very ordinary stock BNC that came with the Blu MK II?
It categorically out performs the stock cable, in addition to also out performing the Blue Jeans Cable/Ferrite Core combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back