Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 5, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #2,116 of 4,904
Since we are quoting Rob Watts...

Sadly, I'm old school and watch movies and TVs through my PVR/DVR/Blu-ray player. Otherwise, I'd follow our great leader's advice and watch videos with 1 million taps via JRiver.
I’m sorry but, once you have a piece of kit in your possession you’re obligated to use it only in the way that the designer intended. Besides, you’re supposed to be streaming video, for crying out loud. What is it with you Canadians anyway?!

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,117 of 4,904
Mm...out of my Microsoft Surface Book using Audioquest Jitter Bug and Audioquest Diamond USB cable to Blu2Dave. Problem: Tidal is streamed to laptop via Wifi. Should I instead use Cat 6 Ethernet wired for better sound output?

Mentioned earlier about dither switch....out of the box, the dither switch is in the down position so it is active.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #2,118 of 4,904
Mm...out of my Microsoft Surface Book using Audioquest Jitter Bug and Audioquest Diamond USB cable to Blu2Dave. Problem: Tidal is streamed to laptop via Wifi. Should I instead use Cat 6 Ethernet wired for better sound output?

Mentioned earlier about dither switch....out of the box, the dither switch is in the down position so it is active.

The laptop is probably radiating all sorts of interference not least from it's wall plug power supply. I once watched a video with a crude demonstration using a hand held radio to detect what was coming out of the laptop. It was quite surprising how much junk it was radiating.

"...out of the box, the dither switch is in the down position so it is active" - Come on, be brave, flick the switch up.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2,119 of 4,904
I’m sorry but, once you have a piece of kit in your possession you’re obligated to use it only in the way that the designer intended. Besides, you’re supposed to be streaming video, for crying out loud. What is it with you Canadians anyway?!

At least use S/PDIF through the DAVE! :slight_smile:

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #2,120 of 4,904
Back from my overseas trip to find my Blu2 waiting for me. I don’t know if it is the 28 hours of travel or the Blu2, but Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn lives again, and he’s in my living room. I never thought in my life that I’d hear the man like this. Wow. Truly a blessing to be able to experience this.

The magic that DAVE brings to vocals and stringed instruments, BluDAVE brings to woodwinds and horns. Having not had a lot of first hand experience with these instruments, I had no idea how much depth and subtly was hiding there.

Looking forward to racing through the musical candy store this weekend!

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #2,121 of 4,904
Back from my overseas trip to find my Blu2 waiting for me. I don’t know if it is the 28 hours of travel or the Blu2, but Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn lives again, and he’s in my living room. I never thought in my life that I’d hear the man like this. Wow. Truly a blessing to be able to experience this.

The magic that DAVE brings to vocals and stringed instruments, BluDAVE brings to woodwinds and horns. Having not had a lot of first hand experience with these instruments, I had no idea how much depth and subtly was hiding there.

Ah, lucky boy with your Blu2.

There is nothing quite like that first listening moment when you hear for the first time what Blu2 and Dave can do together. It is sublime.

You have a happy weekend ahead of you.

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,122 of 4,904

Congratulation @ray-dude

It would be interesting if you can update your Chord Dac's Review ( "DAC Quest: Chord Hugo2 vs Mojo/DAVE & Chord Magic" ) with your Blu2 in the chain.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #2,123 of 4,904
has anybody had a chance to use the Ultrarendu (powered by LPS-1) as a USB source for the BluDave? your thoughts please?

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #2,124 of 4,904
has anybody had a chance to use the Ultrarendu (powered by LPS-1) as a USB source for the BluDave? your thoughts please?

I replaced my mini headless PC (CAPSv3 Carbon version designed by the Computer Audiophile website) with the Ultrarendu (powered by LPS-1). I was shocked by the sonic improvement. However, I live in an apartment so I may have a lot of incoming power noise issues? So I'm not surprised if my headless PC may have so much noise that the galvanic isolation of BluDAVE cannot completely filter. So your mileage may vary. But I doubt you'll regret the ultrarendu + LPS-1 purchase.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,125 of 4,904
Congratulation @ray-dude

It would be interesting if you can update your Chord Dac's Review ( "DAC Quest: Chord Hugo2 vs Mojo/DAVE & Chord Magic" ) with your Blu2 in the chain.

Absolutely! We also have Omega Compact Alnico Monitors arriving this week, so time for a followup session (Mojo/Hugo2/DAVE/BluHugo2/BluDAVE on B&W 802d3's/Senn HD800's and direct to Omega CAMs/SAMs...the matrix is getting a bit out of hand!)

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #2,127 of 4,904

Really happy you got your Blu!

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,128 of 4,904
@moderators
This thread topic is too broad and I'd say 90% of the posts should go offline/private.
Is there no moderation?? No curation??

It’s fine to me .. good to get some context about different users systems and needs - helps me make better judgements about their judgements,

(But if you want to bring it back on a more narrow track, why not just do so instead of complaining to the gods/mods?)

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #2,129 of 4,904
It’s fine to me .. good to get some context about different users systems and needs - helps me make better judgements about their judgements,

(But if you want to bring it back on a more narrow track, why not just do so instead of complaining to the gods/mods?)

The only effect of dmance's post was for everyone to take the micky and indeed Rob Watts immediately posted a few posts that were way off topic about CDs and music. I'm not quite sure why you dredged dmance's post up from obscurity at the start of October and I'm not quite sure why I'm responding to your post. I must be bored.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,130 of 4,904
Back on track, I am going to pick up a PS Audio P10 from a dealer later in the week (just for the 'ell of it).

He was waxing lyrical about the latest firmware upgrade for the PS Audio DAC so it seemed churlish not to offer to take my Blu2 and Dave to have a little bit of a mini shoot out. . . . . .

I will report after the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back