Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #617 of 1,746
Has anybody compared a Mojo v/s 2Qute in a hifi setup vis a vis the sound quality and detailing? Are they similar sounding ? 
I have a 2 Qute and am planning another unit for my second system and wanted to know if it would be a good idea to save some money and get a Mojo instead of a 2Qute..

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #618 of 1,746
I used my mojo in my main system while waiting for my 2qute to arrive and while I didn't compare them side by side I heard a definite improvement when my 2qute was connected up more detail more bass although the gap between the two was smaller until my 2qute was burned in.
This was using the usb connection on both I wouldn't expect the gap to be as large over co-axial or optical ,haven't really used the other connections much yet so can't say for sure.
Of course this is all imo and as you would expect they do sound very similar but to me the 2qute just improves on the mojo in just about every way, as it should it is after all twice the price.
Having said that I think it would depend on what you were pairing it with in your 2nd system wether the extra cost of the 2qute is justified.

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #620 of 1,746
out of curiousity,if i was to use the 2Qute with a Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp how would i connect the 2Qute to the amp after i connect my AK120 to the 2Qute....I cannot quite see the connection options in the pictures

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #621 of 1,746
To use with the Oppo HA1:
  • Connect your source to the 2qute via Coax, optical or USB digital input & use the switch on the 2qute to select the appropriate input type.
  • connect RCA cables from the 2qute to the Oppo HA1 RCA inputs
  • select the RCA input on the Oppo, plug in headphones, and Bob's your uncle

The benefit of this setup would be to utilize the DAC in the 2qute, and the amp in the Oppo.

If, however, you're sending the signal to an amp for home stereo usage, I'd suggest not connecting the Oppo at all, and just sending digital source into the2qute, and RCA out of the 2qute to the amp's RCA inputs.

As for whether it'd be worth it... maybe you'll let us know after you've set it up?
smily_headphones1.gif

Newbie question sorry.  Is there a way to integrate the 2qute into both an oppo HA-1 in conjunction with an oppo BD-105?  So it could serve both headphone listening and speakers.  I use the BD-105 as a preamp with mono blocks to the speakers.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.  I used my friends AK380 feeding the HA-1 today and heard the difference a better DAC can make. For $1,800 for the 2qute I'd love to be able to enjoy the DAC for both headphone and 2-ch speaker listening. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #622 of 1,746
Jan 26, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #624 of 1,746
No you can't. You will need a preamp.

Feb 1, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #627 of 1,746
  No its no way as good as TT, but it is as good as ordinary Hugo. It is better than Hugo with USB when fed from a noisy PC. And you don't need to worry about the PSU, as a car battery feeding 2 Qute has no SQ benefits.

TT has better DAC reference components, and this makes it sound much smoother and warmer, with better instrument focus and separation. Technically, this is due to a reduction in noise floor modulation, and it shows in the measurements - THD and noise is some 4dB lower than Hugo/2 Qute at 3v RMS OP. There are some other benefits with TT due to chassis weight, super caps and the extra batteries. And of course TT can replace your pre-amp too, which gives another big step increase in transparency. 

Rob

Anyone here actually compared the 2Qute with the full Hugo TT? I know Rob says the TT is definitely better, but given the price difference, I'm wondering what people who have listened to both think.

And for Rob: any thoughts on releasing an amp-less TT?

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #630 of 1,746
Hi...

Got my Chord 2qute yesterday, after a long waiting time.

Do you still consider 300 hours as the ultimate break in time ??

I have it on 24/7, and after 10 hours it started to open up a little.

My Amps are both DHT tubes 4P1L/2A3.

Thanks Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back