Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Sep 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #556 of 1,746
  Everything makes a difference, unfortunately.

I connect the 2Qute to an Entreq grounding box. I also have it sitting on my Stillpoints rack.

I leave the 2Qute on 24/7.

Unfortunately? I was speaking of product's like the Regen and Jitterbug that don't improve the overall sound. When my 2Qute arrived many month's ago I was happy to see the bnc coax input. The AP2 w/pure power comes with such a fitting and I have even read where Philip had alluded to it being the best connector. But, when spending time with the AP2 bnc verses the 2Qutes galvanic isolation the galvanic isolation was clearly better in clarity.

I have not tried any of Audiophilleo's more expensive sibling's though. And I know Philip highly recommends the AP with Hugo. If you read back through the thread you will see that Rob say's the 2Qutes sound is smoother with pc and the distortion level is even less than the Hugo. What did the Entreq grounding box do for the 2Qute? I have read also that the Stillpoints are a good tweak although I'm using Isonodes which are more like individual air bladders.

The sound I am hearing is very clean with no background noise. Everything's in focus as it should be be so I can not account for the different way's of handling resonances. I would like to try Stillpoints though and see if there's a difference. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #557 of 1,746
The entreq box takes the hard etching out of digital. Hard etching you didn't know was there until it's gone.

It's also reduces noise.

You may hear a huge difference with the stillpoints, depending upon your setup. The ESS rack is incredible.

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #560 of 1,746
  The entreq box takes the hard etching out of digital. Hard etching you didn't know was there until it's gone.

It's also reduces noise.

You may hear a huge difference with the stillpoints, depending upon your setup. The ESS rack is incredible.

Is that glass shelves on the ESS rack? Which of the still points do you recommend for the 2Qute?

I had a welder build me a stand out of 1/4 inch steel plate and tubing. It was less than $400.00. Not only does it have to be moved with a dolly I believe you could drop it from an airplane with little to no damage. Lot's of other way's to spend $8600.00.

Just saying....

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #561 of 1,746
The shelves are acrylic on the ESS rack.

With stillpoints footers, the high you go up, the better they are. But even with the Ultra SS, you should hear big differences.

I spent half of retail on the rack, and I can tell you it is worth every penny. In fact, I wish I bought the bigger size.

I wouldn't audition any DAC without the rack.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #562 of 1,746
I'd recommend anyone using SPDIF with an RCA to BNC adapter for the 2Qute to ditch that.

Go with USB or get a digital cable with properly terminated BNC.

I just installed a digital cable with proper BNC connectors (my transport also uses BNC) and was stunned at the jump in performance. Sounds like another DAC.

According to the designer of my digital cable, BNC to BNC is the way to go for SPDIF.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #563 of 1,746
  I'd recommend anyone using SPDIF with an RCA to BNC adapter for the 2Qute to ditch that.

Go with USB or get a digital cable with properly terminated BNC.

I just installed a digital cable with proper BNC connectors (my transport also uses BNC) and was stunned at the jump in performance. Sounds like another DAC.

According to the designer of my digital cable, BNC to BNC is the way to go for SPDIF.

That's interesting. I am using USB and havent tried the Coax  .Have you compared the coax with bnc 
to the USB? 

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #564 of 1,746
I haven't compared USB to SPDIF, but it sounds very good with my Ziro audio digital cable (with native BNC connectors).

The interesting question is how much I would need to spend on a USB cable to get the same performance as my SPDIF cable.

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #565 of 1,746
  I haven't compared USB to SPDIF, but it sounds very good with my Ziro audio digital cable (with native BNC connectors).

The interesting question is how much I would need to spend on a USB cable to get the same performance as my SPDIF cable.

Well here's guessing a good Usb cable with the 2qute with galvanic isolation will sound better than coax. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #566 of 1,746
 ​
 ​
You Talked, We Listened... The Game Will Change !!!
 ​
Date: 14.10.15 - Venue: The Shard
 ​

​
bigsmile_face.gif
 ...The Competition is free to enter and open TO ALL !!!...
bigsmile_face.gif
 ​

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #568 of 1,746
hy guys!
I m willing to trade my hugo for a 2qute
i m located in europe and put the same request in the classified
just to let you know..!!

by the way: does the dac improve over a spdif connection? (I use a ConceroHD as a converter to the Hugo and i think is much better (for my taste)
thanks
Dani

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #569 of 1,746
I wonder why Rob choose battaries inside Hugo which I know that Batteries produce power through a chemical reaction. Every type of battery will have a slightly different chemical mixture that is used to generate power .

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #570 of 1,746
  hy guys!
I m willing to trade my hugo for a 2qute
i m located in europe and put the same request in the classified
just to let you know..!!

by the way: does the dac improve over a spdif connection? (I use a ConceroHD as a converter to the Hugo and i think is much better (for my taste)
thanks
Dani

The 'galvanic isolated' usb sounded better than my AP2 with pure power. I was using the straight bnc to bnc which is supposed to be the best. Nor have I read of anyone achieving better results with equipment like the 'Regen', or Audioquest Jitterbug. On another note; my 2Qute sounds much better now after many months of use.. I used to ask about the overly bright led but not so much anymore. Another change has been the background which is black now in contrast to the brightness from before. Good luck with the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back