Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Sep 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #541 of 1,746
 ​
 ​
Chord Electronics will be exhibiting following products at Audio Show East :-
 ​
Hugo, Hugo-TT & 2Qute and two new products -
Chord 2800 MK11 Amplifier (with built-in DAC) and eagerly awaited flagship DAVE (Pre-Amp DAC)
 ​
In a supporting role will be Headphone products from Beyerdynamic, Audioquest, Dita Audio & Rhapsodio.
 ​
Systems will feature PMC Speakers - Fact 12 & Twenty-26 
 ​
 ​
Please Note: the Chord DAVE being exhibited at 'Audio Show East' is one of the 'working pre-production units' and not the final signed-off version, the only way to listen to DAVE is by attending the Event.
 ​
Chord's event Team are Colin & Tom  
 ​
Show website/registration/tickets: http://www.signals.uk.com/audioshoweast201.html
 ​

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #545 of 1,746
Yes, it seems like it's opening up quite a bit now and the treble harshness is disappearing.

I wasn't able to listen to it for long periods before, but that changed last night so I figured there must have been a leap in performance.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #551 of 1,746
Just set up the melco digital music library with the chord qute2. Wow, never realized how restricting the sound is using a pc. Now everything played through it is crystal clear as if a veil has been removed. Very expensive but ultimately worth it.

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #552 of 1,746
I had the Regen for a few months and tried as I might (different Linear PSU's) it really did seem to take away something from my music with my 2Qute.
Tried the Jitterbug and it too slightly dulled the sound but not quite to the Regens extent.
Could also be depending on what else in used in your system (amps, speakers etc) but my system is better without them.
Looking at the Regen thread it does seem to work very well for others with other brand Dacs.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #553 of 1,746
Cables can make a difference. I'm using audioquest's Diamond which may be going overboard for some but there's improvements across the board. Bigger images, improved height, width and depth. Greater instrument separation, details, timbre and texture. I suspect the Carbon is a very good cable as well and I'm very curious if there's other's synergistic with the 2Qute.

I (and others) have had some problems with Jriver and ASIO. Besides timing errors, when choosing 'DSD' there's a loud screeching noise that is as bad as scrapping your fingernail's across a chalk board. I'm sure it's not good for your headphones as well.

Jriver and Chord's ASIO do not mix very well. I now use 'WASAPI' exclusively.

Matt Bartlett from Chord has helped me with these settings and they work.

1. Under Playback Options set Bitstreaming to 'DSD', then under Track Change's check both boxes;    ( Do not play silence. and use gapless for sequential album tracks.)

2. Then under 'DSP Studio' The out put encoding box should say 'NONE'. On the right hand side make sure the Channel say's 'source number of channels'.

You should be able to play all bitrates without going back and changing anything (even DSD).

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #555 of 1,746
  I had the Regen for a few months and tried as I might (different Linear PSU's) it really did seem to take away something from my music with my 2Qute.
Tried the Jitterbug and it too slightly dulled the sound but not quite to the Regens extent.
Could also be depending on what else in used in your system (amps, speakers etc) but my system is better without them.
Looking at the Regen thread it does seem to work very well for others with other brand Dacs.

I have tried at least a dozen dacs with the Regen and the only one that did not benefit from it was the 2Qute. That includes
more expensive dacs.

None of my other dacs have USB galvanic isolation so maybe that's the key but I dont know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back