Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Jul 3, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #481 of 1,746
  I was in communication with Matt today with regard to a possible J-River problem with Windows, it turns out there may not be a problem afterall. 

The source of the problem seems to be using ASIO for DSD playback... ASIO is not recommended for DSD playback, it works in some cases but not in all.

WASAPI or Kernel Streaming is recommended for DSD playback... if you are running Windows it is best to use WASAPI.

Chord are trying to find out more and whether there is a workaround for ASIO but unfortunately nothing positive yet...sonically speaking, you shouldn't hear any difference between ASIO or WASAPI.

In other news... looking into getting dB-Poweramp in the near future, I noticed that there is a streamer plug-in that can do DSD (Aset UPnP)... if you scroll down the home-page to 'Spoon's Blog' via the link below, details of the latest release mentions a DSD update, hth.

Link: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Yes. I was on call with Matt and while troubleshooting we figured this out. DSD playback works fine with WASAPI. I am happy that it was not an issue with DAC and resolved by software workaround.
Good support from Matt on this. Thank you guys.

--Vinay

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #482 of 1,746

John Franks & Rob Watts will be in attendance at the 'Kuala Lumpur International AV Show' from 3rd - 5th July (details below)... pop along and say Hello if you're in the area...
tongue_smile.gif

Show Information:-

KL International AV Show 2015
Venue: JW Marriott Hotel - Kuala Lumpur
Dates: 3 to 5 July 2015
Times: Friday, Saturday & Sunday : 10.00am to 7.30pm

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #483 of 1,746

Yes. I was on call with Matt and while troubleshooting we figured this out. DSD playback works fine with WASAPI. I am happy that it was not an issue with DAC and resolved by software workaround.
Good support from Matt on this. Thank you guys.

--Vinay

Thank you cybervinay and Ok-Guy. This information will truly help all of us Jriver users.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #488 of 1,746

As soon as I get mine this Wednesday, I will hook it up to my Pass XA30.8 and let you know.

Thanks, I have a nice amp coming one day soon. I'm betting there's more to the 2Qute than I can presently hear.

Something else, I just noticed the wally wart plugs in either way. Does anyone know if there a difference?

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #489 of 1,746

Thanks, I have a nice amp coming one day soon. I'm betting there's more to the 2Qute than I can presently hear.

Something else, I just noticed the wally wart plugs in either way. Does anyone know if there a difference?

So no ground on plug, correct? Has anyone used the external grounding pin? I finally get mine Tuesday.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #492 of 1,746
Rob, will the 2Qute still work the same if you were to turn it over (as in upside down)? Obviously the led window would be on the bottom but I have ran into a dilemma. It's either twist a very stiff usb cable over or flip the 2Qute.

It's sounding wonderful by the way. No issues with the sound quality at all. Thanks.

Jul 22, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #493 of 1,746
  Rob, will the 2Qute still work the same if you were to turn it over (as in upside down)? Obviously the led window would be on the bottom but I have ran into a dilemma. It's either twist a very stiff usb cable over or flip the 2Qute.

It's sounding wonderful by the way. No issues with the sound quality at all. Thanks.

The only downside is the feet, they provide some vibration isolation, and I would be worried about scratching the top plate. Otherwise no problem.

Rob 

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #495 of 1,746
Rob,
I know that you recommend that the 2Qute only be used with it's own wall wart, but I now have an unused Geek LPS, since recently acquiring the Chord 2Qute.  The Geek LPS puts out 12V, 1.2A as opposed to the 12V, 0.6A of the 2Qute wall wart.

What are your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back