Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 12, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #18,362 of 18,778
When the Poly is connected to the Mojo when you need to charge can you plug in one device or do both need to be plugged in to charge?
normally, the second micro USB plug of the poly, powers the mojo when charging the poly.

in the test setup I just posted, I can charge both separately.

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #18,363 of 18,778
better charging indication would help

The Mojo2 actually shows with the menu button colour, how well it's charging. so this was solved from the get-go.

From the Mojo2 manual:
1702557951026.png

Dec 17, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #18,365 of 18,778
I really love that with the latest update, I no longer have to change anything in the go figure app. I can now seamlessly switch from Roon at home to mSD card on the road.

Also a big thank you to everyone here, lots of information has been very useful. My biggest discovery from reading this thread is definitely Rigelian, so much better than anything else for mSD playback.

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #18,366 of 18,778
Having some trouble connecting to a second hand Poly I purchased recently. I am not seeing the Poly in nearby Bluetooth devices, the GoFigure app, or in the WiFi settings. The M status light is solid blue and the P status light is blinking blue. I tried pressing the config butting and holding it for 10 seconds but the light stays blinking blue. Any advice?

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #18,367 of 18,778
Having some trouble connecting to a second hand Poly I purchased recently. I am not seeing the Poly in nearby Bluetooth devices, the GoFigure app, or in the WiFi settings. The M status light is solid blue and the P status light is blinking blue. I tried pressing the config butting and holding it for 10 seconds but the light stays blinking blue. Any advice?
The workings of the config button are bizarre and obscure - the 10 second rule that applies to [just about all] other tech is not applied here. I'd describe it, having been through the process recently but it's too complex to remember.
This really is one time when it is unavoidable to rtfm :wink:

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #18,368 of 18,778
Flashing blue LED indicates Poly is searching for a WIFI network, which you'd expect as you haven't set it up yet.
To use the config pin, you need to listen for the audio prompt through Mojo.
Which Mojo do you have, original or Mojo 2?

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #18,369 of 18,778
Flashing blue LED indicates Poly is searching for a WIFI network, which you'd expect as you haven't set it up yet.
To use the config pin, you need to listen for the audio prompt through Mojo.
Which Mojo do you have, original or Mojo 2?
I have both 1 and 2. I tried plugging headphones in and listening but didn't hear anything. I've been trying to get the P status to flash blue and green so I can connect to it via WiFi but it only seems to flash blue.

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #18,370 of 18,778
I have both 1 and 2. I tried plugging headphones in and listening but didn't hear anything. I've been trying to get the P status to flash blue and green so I can connect to it via WiFi but it only seems to flash blue.
That probably rules out firmware compatibility as a problem. Even though you haven't authenticated with your WIFI yet, Poly should try to connect. When Poly is flashing blue, can you see it in your Router log? That would at least show it is trying to work.
As you've ruled out bluetooth, on a phone or tablet, are you able to view Poly as a hotspot, http://192.168.1.1?

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #18,371 of 18,778
That probably rules out firmware compatibility as a problem. Even though you haven't authenticated with your WIFI yet, Poly should try to connect. When Poly is flashing blue, can you see it in your Router log? That would at least show it is trying to work.
As you've ruled out bluetooth, on a phone or tablet, are you able to view Poly as a hotspot, http://192.168.1.1?
What do you mean by view it as a hotspot? I don't see it in the list of available WiFi connections. I haven't checked my router log but it's never been connected to my router before. It's likely trying to connect to the router of the person whom I bought it from and not finding it.

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #18,372 of 18,778
What do you mean by view it as a hotspot? I don't see it in the list of available WiFi connections. I haven't checked my router log but it's never been connected to my router before. It's likely trying to connect to the router of the person whom I bought it from and not finding it.
It isn't looking good. The router would still see Poly as all WIFI devices are always scanning and looking for networks. If it isn't showing in the Router log, then all you can do is contact Chord support, or try and get a refund from whoever sold you the Poly.

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #18,373 of 18,778
email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose.

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #18,374 of 18,778
Dec 21, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #18,375 of 18,778
Is it possible that the poly is not working because I am using it with a Mojo 2 and it hasn't been updated to work with Mojo 2?
Yes that could be the case, the Poly needs to be connected to the Mojo 1 to update the Poly firmware to V3, and V3 seems to be a requirement to connect the Poly to the Mojo 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back