Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 21, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #18,061 of 18,951
Getting the same horrible dropouts on Roon as before the update. It played fine for about 10 minutes until it went back to its usual erratic behaviour..

I’ve had similar problems with roon, drop outs and the “this track is slow to load error”, but that happened when using my TT2, so I think that it is a problem with either roon, qobuz, internet connection or your computer if you are using roon server.

It happens alot with me and I have full fibre, so it’s not because my internet connection is slow, but one other thing it could be in my case is my nuc.

Aug 21, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #18,062 of 18,951
I’ve had similar problems with roon, drop outs and the “this track is slow to load error”, but that happened when using my TT2, so I think that it is a problem with either roon, qobuz, internet connection or your computer if you are using roon server.

It happens alot with me and I have full fibre, so it’s not because my internet connection is slow, but one other thing it could be in my case is my nuc.
Never had this with my A&K SP3000. The thing was freaking rock steady. Didnt have issues with my opticalRendu Rendu and DAVE either.

2Go was similarly temperamental but more stablecoin by far.

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #18,063 of 18,951
Roon, QoBuz and Poly isn’t reliable for me ever. Roon and my hires library works fine. QoBuz app and also MConnect 100% too. I also have very fast fiber. Airplay very stable too. Roon, QoBuz, Mojo 2 without Poly 100%. So it’s something with Roon, QoBuzz and Poly.

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #18,064 of 18,951
Roon, QoBuz and Poly isn’t reliable for me ever. Roon and my hires library works fine. QoBuz app and also MConnect 100% too. I also have very fast fiber. Airplay very stable too. Roon, QoBuz, Mojo 2 without Poly 100%. So it’s something with Roon, QoBuzz and Poly.
Same here- Tidal too

Aug 22, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #18,065 of 18,951
I can stream Mother Earth Radio UHD @ 192kHz perfectly.
http://server9.streamserver24.com:18900/motherearth

The « super stereo« radio @ 96kHz stops after each song.

I configured the radio Mother Earth on my Android phone and on my IPAD, the radio is not in the list.

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #18,066 of 18,951
I can stream Mother Earth Radio UHD @ 192kHz perfectly.
http://server9.streamserver24.com:18900/motherearth

The « super stereo« radio @ 96kHz stops after each song.

I configured the radio Mother Earth on my Android phone and on my IPAD, the radio is not in the list.
I added Mother Earth Radio to Go Figure’s radio station list and so far it is streaming well at 192kHz. It stuttered when I first started playing but seems to have settled down. Thanks.

Aug 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #18,067 of 18,951
What's still missing in this update - ability to auto-create playlists for mpd for an sd-card (this seems to exist on 2Go), ability to refresh mpd database after new music upload (still need to use external clients), ability to switch WiFi off fully and completely without its restart during next powering on - looks like Poly's battery will still become empty in a week even without usage. All the time I want to use Poly (I'm not an every day user of Poly/Mojo) it occurs the battery is empty and I need many hours to charge it, which is extremely annoying.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #18,069 of 18,951
For my use case scenario Mojo/Poly works well. I listen from the SD and sometimes Airplay stream from other sources. When I'm away I can just hotspot from the Poly. My only trouble on a recent trip was when I was on the plane where I was restricted in airplane mode to just playing playlists from the bluetooth connection to Go Figure. Trouble is that every time I turn on it seems to want to index the card again, even with no new added files, which ties up Go Figure for what seems like ages.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #18,070 of 18,951
Spoke to Chord about my issues with Roon playback. Only suggestion was to allocate a specific WiFi channel to it and exclude other devices from using it.

Any idea how that is done for ASUS routers?

His other comment to my observation that 2Go didn't have such issues was: well 2Go costs twice as much lol

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #18,071 of 18,951
Spoke to Chord about my issues with Roon playback. Only suggestion was to allocate a specific WiFi channel to it and exclude other devices from using it.

His other comment to my observation that 2Go didn't have such issues was: well 2Go costs twice as much lol
Just two ideas for a possible solution: either your ASUS router is capable of distinguishing/ providing 2.4 GHz/5.0 gigahertz networks and choose poly and your corresponding device for 2.4 GHz. Second approach would be by creating a so called VLAN, V is for virtual. But the transceiving/receiving network hardware in between your two Devices has to be able to create a VLAN. Cheap network switches sold by netgear for example are able to do this. But this network switch need to have 2 antennas to transitive/receive between your two devices. I would look for a WLAN switch capable of creating VLANs. These two features (WLAN+VLAN) would make this a bit more expensive. So I would tend to prefer the first version (reserving 2.4 GHz network only for poly and your Mobile for example).
EDIT:The first version is also the least expensive one and fastest to realise.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #18,072 of 18,951

Make sure you have a simple SSID, 2.4 GHz, and no mesh networking

I created a guest network specifically for IOT that is stable and isolates those clients

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #18,073 of 18,951

I created a guest network specifically for IOT that is stable and isolates those clients
Well, but might be a bit more insecure. But nevertheless easy to do.
EDIT: yes no mesh!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #18,074 of 18,951
Still the AirPlay for me on new firmware is terrible.
It's only working fine from my iPhone.

On macOS it can stutter a lot and on my AppleTV (new beta OS) is not working completely and these are Apple=Airplay inventors devices :/

Aug 23, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #18,075 of 18,951

Will try it but a response like: of course it is going to underperform given the toaster-grade WiFi chip in there really didn't help reinforce my confidence in the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back