Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 20, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #18,046 of 18,783
Can you stream Amazon Music via 8PlayerPro? Or only via AirPlay? I’m looking for an app that allows me to stream Amazon Music with high resolution.
Airplay is limited to CD quality and that is the only way Poly can stream Amazon music. For HiRes I use mconnect or Roon at home and Qobuz, works great now with the new F/W all the way up to 24/192 it worked most of the time with the older F/W but frustratingly not all the time.

Aug 20, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #18,047 of 18,783
Airplay is limited to CD quality and that is the only way Poly can stream Amazon music. For HiRes I use mconnect or Roon at home and Qobuz, works great now with the new F/W all the way up to 24/192 it worked most of the time with the older F/W but frustratingly not all the time.
That’s why I look for an MConnect alternative that has Amazon music integrated. Seems not to exist so far.

Aug 20, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #18,048 of 18,783
My only use-case is stream qobuz over mconnect to headphone amp. I didn't notice anything unexpected apart from right after the update all four balls suddenly were lit up in bright white. In fact I was quite puzzled and sweat was coming down my forehead at first. But after pushing the balls for some time (one minute), everything worked as expected.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #18,050 of 18,783
IMG_0548.jpg

Aug 20, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #18,052 of 18,783
Chord indicates that it updated its radio station list as part of the Poly firmware upgrade. I don’t remember how many radio stations used to be listed in GoFigure, but I now see 16, including 9 BBC stations. The problem is only 6 stations work. The BBC stations and Jazz FM are silent. Has anyone else encountered this? It’s not a huge deal given I rarely listen to internet radio through GoFigure, but it is a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #18,054 of 18,783

Possibly their server is down or your internet connection is having problems or chords server was getting hammered by hundreds of folk getting the new update and effectively causing you to get that error, if you have a software firewall, disable it for 5 minutes and try to update now and see what happens. Also close gofigure and turn off mojo n poly and then restart gofigure and mojo n poly and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #18,055 of 18,783
Chord indicates that it updated its radio station list as part of the Poly firmware upgrade. I don’t remember how many radio stations used to be listed in GoFigure, but I now see 16, including 9 BBC stations. The problem is only 6 stations work. The BBC stations and Jazz FM are silent. Has anyone else encountered this? It’s not a huge deal given I rarely listen to internet radio through GoFigure, but it is a bit frustrating.
I had a similar issue trying to use Poly from europe.
Chord uses the BBC URLs for listeners from the UK.
You need to update the radio list with the URLs for US listeners.

@Amberlamps suggested to me that an alternative would be to change the Poly region setting to UK, so you could also try that.

Aug 21, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #18,056 of 18,783
Getting the same horrible dropouts on Roon as before the update. It played fine for about 10 minutes until it went back to its usual erratic behaviour..

Aug 21, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #18,058 of 18,783
Did you factory reset it too? Its probably faulty and you could return it to Chord but I'm wondering if you've already done that a few times before.
It was brand new- I literally unboxed it and updated the firmware. I tried factory resetting it earlier- left it playing a long playlist on its own to see what happens..

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #18,059 of 18,783
Possibly their server is down or your internet connection is having problems or chords server was getting hammered by hundreds of folk getting the new update and effectively causing you to get that error, if you have a software firewall, disable it for 5 minutes and try to update now and see what happens. Also close gofigure and turn off mojo n poly and then restart gofigure and mojo n poly and see if that helps.
That was the issue. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #18,060 of 18,783
Played a grand total of two songs fully before it stopped working...

EDIT: Let's see if a route reboot will change anything.
EDIT 2: Took 10 minutes to start exhibiting problems.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.png
    IMG_0012.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back